Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 01-02-10, 08:29 AM   #1
Capt. Shark Bait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Default got it working

and not with jsgme, good proggie that it is...for Silent Hunter. anyway, good job, Z, on the sounds, particularly the Tiger engine startup. love how my Tiger growls now and the ammo is more of a one shot/one kill variety now, tho it may take an additional 2 or 3, but not the 5/6, or whatever it used to take

Corsair Vengeance M70; ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z; FX 8350; Asus 7870; Samsung SyncMaster 2243SWX; coolmax CUG950B 950w psu; 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3; Corsair M4 SSD 128GB, WD 1TB; x18 DVR212D; 7SP1

Old 01-04-10, 05:11 PM   #2
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Shark Bait View Post
and not with jsgme, good proggie that it is...for Silent Hunter. anyway, good job, Z, on the sounds, particularly the Tiger engine startup. love how my Tiger growls now and the ammo is more of a one shot/one kill variety now, tho it may take an additional 2 or 3, but not the 5/6, or whatever it used to take

Thanks Capt. Shark Bait, I kinda knew you would get it figured out!

Z

ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-10, 05:31 PM   #3
Capt. Shark Bait
Ace of the Deep

i woulda used the installer first but i wanted to see just what was different, but jsgme wasn't cooperating so i had to run it, which isn't a regret. unfortunately, until whatever's wrong with mission6, destroying t34s, my lifes work, will have to wait

Corsair Vengeance M70; ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z; FX 8350; Asus 7870; Samsung SyncMaster 2243SWX; coolmax CUG950B 950w psu; 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3; Corsair M4 SSD 128GB, WD 1TB; x18 DVR212D; 7SP1
Capt. Shark Bait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 03:37 AM   #4
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Default Mission 6

Sharkbait; have you tried playing mission 6 by avoiding the main road and instead after destroying the 2 Soviet AT guns and the 2 T34s coming from the upper left, just head for where they came from.You destroy their base infantry, a 2 halftracks, then you keep following the road heading North west until you swing around the forrested hill to the right and end up in a long clearing at the end iof which are the 3 T34s awaiting in ambush and blocking the main road where your convoy sits.. After you take them out, just head back to the left and follow a small road that leads you to the last big outpost with SUs and T34s and guns which you can strike from the rear.After destroying the last 2 SU76 you get the successful mission message .It takes longer for you to complete the mission( may be 20 more minutes ) but at least you get to complete it and by avoiding frontal attacks you run less risks of having your driver killed or your tracks destroyed.If you feel like it try it. I completed the mission 3 times without a crash.The main road near the destroyed tank wrecks is the killer.I suspect it's not the convoy or your Tiger that triggers the crash but a combo of the 2 that does it.
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 11:05 AM   #5
Capt. Shark Bait
Ace of the Deep

yeah, if that's where i think you mean. i came back down the road to meet up with the rest, who for some inexplicable reason saw fit to halt near where 2 t34s in ambush at the bottom of the jump off road. when the caught up with me, that's when it crashed. rather than wait for them i'll just turn left instead and see what happens, or maybe turn around and continue on up that side road

Old 01-05-10, 12:09 PM   #6
KdF
Loader

I tried something totally different yesterday. I started Mission 6, went to the crest of the rise on the left, took out the two in the bushes, took out the 3 and 2 half tracks to the right,whipped around to the one behind me, stayed on the grass and went down the slope on the far left and took out the two when they came up from the left road, all the time watchin my colume. I just sat there, not moving. Watched my colume move up to the wrecks with the burning half-tracks and stop, so far so good as I ain't froze yet, see the 2 AT guns thru the smoke on the far hill and take them out. Colume still sitting there,,,,,,then out of nowhere, I see one lone truck of mine driving along the far road to the right. I'm thinkin, "Boy hes gonna get it" and as soon as he dissappeared from view behind the hill, I froze. DRAT! Foiled Again!
KdF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 01:54 PM   #7
Capt. Shark Bait
Ace of the Deep

yead, doesn't seem to occurr up the road all the time. i froze up at pretty much the same place just after taking out the first ATs and then heard someone shooting but saw nothing and then lockup

Old 01-06-10, 10:25 AM   #8
Capt. Shark Bait
Ace of the Deep

it it possible there's something going on between the Tiger and halftracks? i turned toward one after the first engagement and locked up

Old 01-06-10, 02:53 PM   #9
growbag
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Shark Bait View Post
it it possible there's something going on between the Tiger and halftracks? i turned toward one after the first engagement and locked up
You must have looked at them with a mean look on your face . Maybe destroy them before they get a chance to crash you .

Personally I think it's a deliberate "feature" from the Russian devs, if the Germans are winning, then the game crashes .
growbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-10, 04:57 PM   #10
Capt. Shark Bait
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by growbag View Post
You must have looked at them with a mean look on your face . Maybe destroy them before they get a chance to crash you .

Personally I think it's a deliberate "feature" from the Russian devs, if the Germans are winning, then the game crashes .

actually, they were my own Sd.kfz. 251/1 AUSF. C, the damm traitors. i was going to repair some damage i took

Old 01-06-10, 11:42 PM   #11
frinik
Grey Wolf

I don't want to sound paranoid Sharkbait but I think you are on the right track .... I suspect the crew of your Sd.kfz. 251/1 AUSF. C, has been turned by the Soviets.Their orders now are to crash the mission the moment they see your Tiger on a winning streak.

With your experience in mind, I am going to do a last minute change to my crews tonight before I play the game and see if my delusional theory is right....
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote