Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 02-01-10, 12:45 AM   #181
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default braking

Hemisent normally you can stop your tank anytime by pressing on the space bar which controls the brake on the tanks.Thatīs what I do.

What you describe in your posts about being shifted to different postion is news to me.I had never heard of that problem before. I assume you use the different keys to shift position in the tank(F5 special view, F3 the gun sight, F1 the driver etc?
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-10, 09:43 AM   #182
HEMISENT
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 135

Thanks for getting back to me guys. I'll try the spacebar for braking shortly.
As for the shifting positions I'm not using a joystick.

Frinik, I am using the default keyboard layout; Insert for driver, Home for gunner and Page Up for commander position. The F views are default as you listed.

Zeewolf, I found the TvT Cache folder, You want me to delete/clear all the files in it and then reboot?

I've gone through the past posts and have never read anything about this problem but it has existed since the very first game install.

Thanks again.

Last edited by HEMISENT; 02-01-10 at 09:59 AM.
HEMISENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-10, 11:17 AM   #183
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Change settings?

One thing you can do Hemisent is go into game settings and change the keys that control the different positions and see if the changes make any difference in the behaviour of the game.Try allocating letters instead of the home , insert and other such keys.Of course make sure you donīt use letters which are asigned to other functions in the game.
Old 02-01-10, 11:40 AM   #184
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMISENT View Post
Thanks for getting back to me guys. I'll try the spacebar for braking shortly.
As for the shifting positions I'm not using a joystick.

Frinik, I am using the default keyboard layout; Insert for driver, Home for gunner and Page Up for commander position. The F views are default as you listed.

Zeewolf, I found the TvT Cache folder, You want me to delete/clear all the files in it and then reboot?

I've gone through the past posts and have never read anything about this problem but it has existed since the very first game install.

Thanks again.

Yes

ZeeWolf
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-10, 11:45 AM   #185
HEMISENT
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 135

I was just about to try that Frinik. Right now I'm just getting acclimated to the game. I just finished mission 2 and noticed something else. I went off road at the start through the forest. I reset my settings to make my tank invulnerable and went crashing into the trees. Everytime I hit a tree at anything over very slow speed the game would kick me out of my current position-whatever that happened to be at the time. Once I finally attacked the Russians every time my Tiger took a hit it kicked me out. I'm thinking that stress or shock to the hull causes the kick out, not just battle damage.

I'll try re setting those keys and see what happens. It's a shame this game came with no dynamic campaign and only 6 missions, it's a blast to play now that there is some hope on the horizon.

UPDATE:
Resetting the keys does not work, emptying the cache and rebooting also is a bust.

Last edited by HEMISENT; 02-01-10 at 12:25 PM.
HEMISENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-10, 12:43 PM   #186
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default settings

Yeah! the jolt you describe whenver your tank takes a hit is normal itīs built in the game.I donīt like it especially when you are under attack by several tanks and every time you try to get one in your sights to shoot you lose your target and get pounded until you sometime die.

As for being thrown out when your tank hits a tree I canīt tell but it may also be built in for realism.
Old 02-06-10, 05:59 AM   #187
Buttonman
Bilge Rat

Hi Zeewolf and everyone.

Many thanks for the xmas present and mission 6, will join your merry crew when i'm back at work.
Don't wish to tell you how to suck eggs, I was having all sorts of problems installing your mod. I was running the D\L straight from the winrar folder then allsorts of stuff was going wrong, as soon as i unrar'd it into a seperate file then run your installer i was straight in Hope this helps any other old git get there heads around these Gizmoes .

Anyway thanks for the mods Love the sound of the Tiger.

Cheers

Buttonman

PS; I know i've past the founders join date, how much is it to join now?
Old 02-06-10, 11:58 AM   #188
Chucky
Planesman

Downloads: 90

Hiya Buttonman.Yeah,the Tiger sounds sweet
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-10, 01:01 AM   #189
animal
Watch

I've read the posts regarding the cu_veh_t34_85_44ModelSkin error on launch, and I even had the mod installed for a number of weeks and enjoyed playing it (bar a few crashes, German mission 6 is un-beatable and I cant beat the soviet 1st mission, I've flanked a tiger within less then 100M and even rear shots do nothing... he just turns around after sitting there for a min and shoots me, turret shots, hull shots, nothing has an effect - except once where he blew up from a frontal mantlet shot??? I was then taken out from enemies through a forest... needless to say I only play as German now)

- anyhow my real problem
one day it crashed in German mission 6 and i havnt been able to get it to run again, fresh installs, different directories you name it - and yes I tried the msvcr files into the game dir... it just doesnt do anything - i still get the error.

I've got an i7, gtx280's in SLI and am running win7 ultimate 64 bit

Can anyone help me out?
animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-10, 01:49 AM   #190
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Mission 6

Animal , German mission 6 in the original game had a code bug which meant tthat if you take or follow the main road after taking out the first line of Soviet defence the game would lock up and the crash.Before ZeeWolf came on stage I would simply skirt aeround the Soviet defences and be able to end the misison without carsh but it would take twice as long.

If you downloaded ZeeWolf 's bug-free, free version of that mission 6(here's the download link http://www.tanksimzw.com/dl.htm.) and then installed your own skin that may have caused the crash as ZeeWolf specifically said that his mods are not compatible with other mods.

As a better alternative, if you like TvsT then I would suggest that you check his Kursk mod which is being released and incorporates better gameplay, more German/Soviet tank models( not playable at the moment) , more action, correction of TvsT's original bugs such as AI shooting you through dense woods and ridiculous behaviour by both tanks and infantry.As well explosions and atmosphere have been greatly imrpoved and the game is brand new with huge maps ( 18 sq. kilometres) created by ZW for his new mod.THis is not free but for the price you get a new game , with new missions coming on stream, better gameplay, no bugs, incredible support and a very active and solidary community of members of ZeeWolf's Kursk release and mods.

Check it out!

Cheers
Old 04-19-10, 06:48 AM   #191
animal
Watch

I can't open the game, i get the script manager cu_veh_t34_85_44ModelSkin definition error...

but this is on an unmodified install with his xmas mod, I dont have any other mods installed. I had originally gotten this error the first time I installed the game but it was corrected with the msvcr files in the game directory, however that no longer fixes the error.

Oh, and thank you for pointing out the German mission 6 fix... i was unaware of that.

I was however aware of his amazing work on the kursk release and am patiently awaiting its release to join up, I've been following the ginormous thread of bug testing and whatnot for a few months now.
Old 04-19-10, 07:04 AM   #192
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Clean the Cache!

Animal no need to wait the Kursk release is already partly done, the Pre Kursl Alpha rel;ease which incorporates new graphic and sounds effects, new models ect has been release and mission 3 and 4 also.You can already join and enjoy the beenfits.

Re your TvsT I guess your install is corrupt because there are some remainign files from your former installs.Have you cleaned the cache?Check thoroughly your C:drive or wherever your game is located to make sure that you have removed any former file from your former installs.This I suspect is the reason why new installs don't work.Also to test my theory try installign the game in another drive the D: for example and then installZW mods and play the game.If ti plays normally then my theory is correct.

Luck!
Old 04-19-10, 08:14 AM   #193
animal
Watch

thanks a lot frinik, I will try installing to my d:\ drive and see if that helps, I tried a re installation even going as far as uninstalling, checking to make sure the entire directory was gone - rebooting and then doing a fresh install - the problem persisted ...?

I will try doing an install to d:\

I'll post my results in case anyone else has this issue

My last question is weather or not you can use the updated mission 6 with the Christmas release?
I assume so... but thought I'd ask

Last edited by animal; 04-19-10 at 08:17 AM. Reason: forgot to ask something
Old 04-19-10, 08:28 AM   #194
animal
Watch

ok, I installed a fresh install to d:\ drive, installed the Christmas release and i still get the same error...

[ScriptManager] Duplicate class "Cu_veh_t34_85_44ModelSkin" definition.

Installing the msvcr files as previously suggested into the d:\lighthouse interactive\t34vstiger\ directory has no effect...

Needless to say I'm still rather hesitant to put any more money into this game if certain issues I can't fix, and can't launch the game

Old 04-19-10, 08:33 AM   #195
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Donīt give up!

Donīt give up yet Animal letīs wait until ZW joins the forum he may know whatīs going on and give you the solution but already I can tell you that the error messaqge duplicate means you have that file somewhere still and itīs creating a duplication, a conflict with your new install.Did you clean the game cache?

Look I have all ZWīs mods and there are over 30 members now with ZWīs mod sand none of us has reported that problem.So it lies in your folders.

Letīs wait and see what ZW says!

Hang on!