SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion > Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-10-17, 12:56 PM   #1
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Default I had fun as long as it lasted

Where shall I begin ?

Lets start some weeks ago-Hadn't played CMANO for a while. Double clicked on the icon on my desktop and when the start screen opened I clicked on check for update.

There was a new version 1.13-something.
I clicked on next, when asked, then suddenly my antivirus popped up and warned me about this game and the update

I said to my antivirus I trust this product-Ok back to start and now I couldn't get the update got a can't create a FTP-something.

Then I made a lot of search for this update on the Internet-didn't find it.

Well I can still play most of the scenarios, wrong! On each scenario I clicked on I got a "don't know which DB to use" message.

I had some problems with some of the scenarios, before this attempt to get the update, such as corrupted files and so on.
Never did I had problems with each scenarios. This must have happened after my attempt to get this update and my antivirus going...about CMANO.

For days a was thinking on posting my problems here.

Then yesterday I came to the conclusion-I have TWO version of Command-The original and the Game of the year edition-The latest I got in one of my earlier updates. Could it be that these two versions got connected somehow ?

So I erased the original, `cause I was convinced that this would help

Haha-I couldn't be more wrong-By erasing the original and keeping the Game of the year edition-I now got a red message above the description Not licensed.

I have the serial number which came with the original game-But where shall I enter these number. I tried to click on upgrade the game to find out where I opened the files where the game is-didn't find it.

So I had fun as long it lasted.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-17, 06:57 PM   #2
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

An update:

Earlier this evening I came to the conclusion if I erase everything and make a clean install, it would help.

So I erased CMANO-Game of the Year Edition and restarted the computer.

put the disc into my discdrive and installed the original 1.00.

Made a search for patch 1.13 Found it and downloaded it.

Clicked on run and was told it couldn't patch it, it had to be at 1.12

Search and found 1.12. Same story here, needed at least 1.09

I found it and downloaded it onto my desktop-Clicked on install and after a while it asked me to change disc to disc number 2.

????? I have only one disc.

I paid about 60-70 $ for this game. I don't feel for paying extra.

Markus
Old 12-12-17, 05:12 AM   #3
Sunburn
Warfaresims

Downloads: 2

Hi Markus,

Please contact Slitherine's support department: support@slitherine.co.uk and give them your order details. They should be able to help you out.

If you face any similar issue in the future please post on the MG Tech Support forum, to be certain someone will see your post.

Thanks.
Sunburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-17, 02:36 PM   #4
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

@ Sunburn

To be honest I don't feel for creating another account I have enough of them and not to forget having to keep another log-on code in my head.

Let me tell you about yesterday.

While eating my dinner i began to think about my problems with CMANO. I suddenly remembered that there was two files i had unzipped from this zipped 1.09 What if this second file is a virtual disc 2.

Later in the evening after I had turned my computer on and done my regular stuff I clicked on the Big blue C-and after having clicked next a few times it started to upgrade my command.

I sad and looked at it and was waiting for the -"Insert disc 2" It never came-all of 1.09 was installed no problems whatsoever.

My head was like a big "?" How Why.
day before yesterday I had huge problems trying to patch CMANO to 1.09 and now no problems at all.

It toke me a while to understand what I had done different this time.
Day before yesterday I had the Disc in my computer (I had just installed the original when I tried to patched it and yesterday I had removed the disc)

OK now it's time to upgrade it to 1.12. No problems at all.

So now my Command Game of the Year Edition is now version 1.12 build 9-something. Or it is back to where it was before I got these problems.

Now it's time for the 1.13 This time I'm not going to use the game to get the patch, I'll search the Internet to find the patch.

I found several pages where there was a link-Those links was dead
Then I found link to 1.13.6 Was about to download this, when I read "Important-you have to install 1.13 first before installing 1.13.6"
OK back to searching for 1.13.

Used about 20-30 minutes to find this patch(1.13) and each page had a link to the same page(dead link or page)

Hmm then there is no other way then use the game to get this patch.

Double clicked on the game icon and waited for the start screen.

Clicked on - check for update

This time my antivirus was silent, but after a minut with "creating handle" a message poppede up

Error and then at text saying I should contact Matrix Games for help.

If I only could find a page, that isn't linking to a dead page or dead link, where I can get this patch 1.13.

Markus
Old 12-15-17, 02:27 PM   #5
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Hopefully last update.

After having patched the CMANO to 1.12 and reinstalling all of the community missions I again got lots of

Error-Seems corrupted-can't determine which DB to use

So as mentioned before I was on the search for this 1.13, during the search I found patch 1.12.6.

Installed this patch and now everything is running fine no problemos

I still having problems getting the 1.13 through the game(via check for update)

Markus