Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-25-19, 05:37 AM   #1
Babazzu
Swabbie

Downloads: 94
Uploads: 0
Default TWoS Tactical mini-map

I ask the question on tiptoe, back to the wall, looking around cautiously ... and with great humility: Can TWOS replace the tactical mini-map and if so how is it done?
Babazzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-19, 07:26 AM   #2
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babazzu View Post
I ask the question on tiptoe, back to the wall, looking around cautiously ... and with great humility: Can TWOS replace the tactical mini-map and if so how is it done?

The TAI (mini-map) is still there in WoS, but with some differences in the display, e.g. the Auto-TDC for torpedo firing doesn't show the 3-circle method anymore but just the torpedo firing line.
You can set what you see on the TAI in the game options, in the game interface during play, or making settings before starting the game in the OFEV and in the Generic Patcher, so I don't see any need to replace this mini-map. Or what do you have in mind exactly?

And if you play Real Navigation you don't need any mini-map, I think it's even deactivated, i don't know because I don't play RN, the game is difficult enough for me without it.

Greetings,
XS

Last edited by XenonSurf; 07-25-19 at 07:38 AM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-19, 07:53 AM   #3
Babazzu
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
The TAI (mini-map) is still there in WoS, but with some differences in the display, e.g. the Auto-TDC for torpedo firing doesn't show the 3-circle method anymore but just the torpedo firing line.
You can set what you see on the TAI in the game options, in the game interface during play, or making settings before starting the game in the OFEV and in the Generic Patcher, so I don't see any need to replace this mini-map. Or what do you have in mind exactly?

And if you play Real Navigation you don't need any mini-map, I think it's even deactivated, i don't know because I don't play RN, the game is difficult enough for me without it.

Greetings,
XS

Strange, despite mine taking off the actual navigation, it doesn't have a minimap.
I do not ask for me, but I have two grandchildren who play both 3 and 4 moddati and have seen TWoS cast by me and want to try it but with real navigation they go crazy, they are only 8 and 9 years old. That's why I asked if you can view it and how to do it.
Old 07-25-19, 08:55 AM   #4
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babazzu View Post
Strange, despite mine taking off the actual navigation, it doesn't have a minimap.
I do not ask for me, but I have two grandchildren who play both 3 and 4 moddati and have seen TWoS cast by me and want to try it but with real navigation they go crazy, they are only 8 and 9 years old. That's why I asked if you can view it and how to do it.

The mini-map is activated with a little icon on top of the left icon group in the interface, click on it and after that use TAB to launch this map, use TAB to toggle to different sizes. You can set in the OFEV to start always the game with the mini-map shown.
Maybe Veco is so kind to drop a screenshot...

Best way to know how to use the TWoS game interface is to watch a serie of good videos. Like this 6-part video:

XS

Last edited by XenonSurf; 07-25-19 at 09:09 AM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-19, 05:02 AM   #5
Babazzu
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
The mini-map is activated with a little icon on top of the left icon group in the interface, click on it and after that use TAB to launch this map, use TAB to toggle to different sizes. You can set in the OFEV to start always the game with the mini-map shown.
Maybe Veco is so kind to drop a screenshot...

Best way to know how to use the TWoS game interface is to watch a serie of good videos. Like this 6-part video:

XS

My grandchildren thank you very much, I hadn't noticed it by now using a 100% dive

But for them, to become passionate about such titles it is important to make them go step by step without generating a sense of frustration.

Thanks again.