SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-20-18, 05:39 AM   #1
waldwolf1967
Watch

Downloads: 68
Uploads: 0
Default [REL] German Language Mod for The Wolves Of Steel

New Version 2.0 now online
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
German Language Mod for The Wolves Of Steel 2.2.13 (updatet on 28.07.2019)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Google Auto Translate
---------------------
Hello friends of the submarine Sims,

Since I had some time in the last days I would like to offer the Uboot Community my current MOD Version 2.0

My German translation is now adapted to The Wolves of Steel Version 2.2.13!

About feedback, if there should be problems, I would be grateful because you can not test so many program lines.

The mod is JSGME compatible, you just have to unpack my RAR file (best always use the latest version of WinRar) in the Mod subfolder "TWoS_Parts" from the SH5 game folder then my mod will be displayed in the Generic Mod Enabler.

Neu in Version 2.0
++++++++++++

- einige Grammatik Korrekturen

- campaign_radiomessages = Kampagne-Funknachrichten nun in deutsch (Füllfunk für In-Game Atmosphäre noch in Englisch)

currently no compatibility with TWoS Real Navigation AddOn, Real Navigation need extra German Mod File!!!

Um Probleme zu vermeiden, empfehle ich die Mod vor Kampagnenstart zu aktivieren!

To avoid problem I recommend to activate the Mod before starting the campaign!

DOWNLOAD Version 2.0:
----------------------------
RAR File:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/iusd5...od%29.rar/file

Unzip - Info:
(unzip Left Mousebutton double click on my file, than unzip to install folder from Silenthunter 5 in subfolder \TWoS_Parts)

#s3gt_translate_tooltip_mini { display: none !important; }
[/COLOR]

Last edited by waldwolf1967; 07-28-19 at 10:41 AM.
waldwolf1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-18, 01:22 PM   #2
ironcold
Seaman

Downloads: 290

Quote:
_Deutsch_F%C3%BCr_The_Wolves_Of_Steel_%28GERMAN_Mo d%29.rar[/URL]
I cant´t open this file with 7-Zip and i don´t like this Win Rar "Thing" on my comp - is there any other way to get this?
ironcold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-18, 05:24 PM   #3
waldwolf1967
Watch

Default 7-zip link

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcold View Post
I cant´t open this file with 7-Zip and i don´t like this Win Rar "Thing" on my comp - is there any other way to get this?
Here is 7-Zip link for you. see Post #1

Last edited by waldwolf1967; 03-29-18 at 04:34 PM.
Old 03-21-18, 06:14 PM   #4
ironcold
Seaman

Danke schön
Old 03-22-18, 02:55 AM   #5
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcold View Post
What's wrong with winrar format?
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-18, 03:08 PM   #6
CrabKey
Watch

Downloads: 1185
Default Winrar good

I've been using the Winrar utility since I began playing the Silent Hunter series. I have had zero problems unpacking the modding community's awesome creations. Give Winrar another try and let it do its "Thang"!
CrabKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-18, 07:32 PM   #7
ironcold
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
What's wrong with winrar format?
Nothing is wrong with winrar, but I need the 64-bit Version and they wan´t
money for it. I´ve no internetbanking - so sorry for this.
Old 03-24-18, 06:44 PM   #8
excel4004
Hans-Jürgen Hellriegel

Downloads: 262

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldwolf1967 View Post
Google Auto Translate

---------------------
Hello friends of the submarine Sims,

That I had some time in the last few days I started looking at the code of the SH5 after years.

It came out then currently first my German translation for The Wolves of Steel Ver 2.2.3 I want to offer you here!

The mod is JSGME compatible, d. H. you just have to unpack my RAR file (best always use the latest version of WinRar) in the mod sub folder "TWoS_Parts" from the SH5 game folder then my mod will be displayed in the Generic Mod Enabler.

DOWNLOAD:
------------

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fq624a...MAN_Mod%29.rar

Thanks for your work!

Quote:
Enable the add-on prior your campaign start
I think this is very important, or? Maybe you post this in a good visible colour in your first post, so that this mod will be fun and will not cause problems in the ongoing campaign.

excel4004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-18, 04:14 PM   #9
waldwolf1967
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by excel4004 View Post
Thanks for your work!

I think this is very important, or? Maybe you post this in a good visible colour in your first post, so that this mod will be fun and will not cause problems in the ongoing campaign.
Actually, the German Language Mod would have to be able to activate at any time (before the start of the campaign, in the harbor, in the sea). I just wrote before Campaign start to avoid possible errors or crashes.

My mod actually translates everything except the radio traffic. Then there are some original false names in the centrale (command room) below the instruments. The signs on the e-machine are originally named wrong. But for these little mistakes I have not found the original files in which these text entries are.

thank you for your hint
Old 03-25-18, 04:59 PM   #10
excel4004
Hans-Jürgen Hellriegel

Quote:
Actually, the German Language Mod would have to be able to activate at any time (before the start of the campaign, in the harbor, in the sea). I just wrote before Campaign start to avoid possible errors or crashes.
Activating the mod between an ongoing campaign crashes the Crew-Skills. Just tested this again (while on sea), this happend also in the past in later german versions while activating the mods while an ongoing campaign.

Generally its great when again someone new creates a german mod version (you sure know we still got here a thread in the german forum here on subsim) but in the past there was often the same problem, that the mods have not been updatet for the actuall TWoS versions and after some months it was necessary to switch again to the english versions which feels then very frustating if you got used to the german versions.

Old 03-26-18, 12:10 PM   #11
waldwolf1967
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by excel4004 View Post
Activating the mod between an ongoing campaign crashes the Crew-Skills. Just tested this again (while on sea), this happend also in the past in later german versions while activating the mods while an ongoing campaign.

Generally its great when again someone new creates a german mod version (you sure know we still got here a thread in the german forum here on subsim) but in the past there was often the same problem, that the mods have not been updatet for the actuall TWoS versions and after some months it was necessary to switch again to the english versions which feels then very frustating if you got used to the german versions.
OK within the campaign may be that the mod crashes. I only tested the campaign in 5 minutes. But in order to prevent such problems, I said yes, it is best to activate before starting. Did you also see :-). Next comes the days before Easter first time a completely revised ship smoke mod for all TWoS ships. Must only speak with VDR1981 that he can install my mods from me like in TWoS, if there is interest from the community and he would like to do so.
Old 03-26-18, 02:17 PM   #12
excel4004
Hans-Jürgen Hellriegel

Quote:
a completely revised ship smoke mod
Ahh, interesting! You mean a ship smoke which has no breaks? Would be great, there is still a fix for that by another modder but when i remember right, Vecko said that this mod could cause ctd.
Can you fix that? When yes pls take your time if its stable, 5min should be not enough.