SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-08-20, 06:19 PM   #781
derVogelbg
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Salute Wolfs of the Atlantic!
I am not so newbie to the SH3 GWX3 but I have lost my saves before time. Now reinstalled it and add great mods - man this is wonderful game.
I have just small question about realism. Is there such mod which lead your sub when fired most or all of the torpedos to dive a little bit more longer because of the weight? As for example when you are low on fuel you could travel faster because you are lighter? Or it was not needed to skipped some of the physic classes? I would try the sh3.exe realisitic mod but scared to not get sunk quite fast
Old 02-08-20, 06:44 PM   #782
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123
Uploads: 0

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > derVogelbg
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 ***8211; 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-20, 07:28 PM   #783
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

derVogelbg!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-20, 10:06 AM   #784
Kapt Z
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 153

Welcome!

It was always my understanding that the crew would strive to keep the boat 'balanced' at all times so I don't think the boats came back 'lighter' at the end of their patrols. They would compensate for the lost weight of expended torpedoes, consumed food stores and fuel by pumping more water into the trim tanks/ballast tanks to keep the boat in balance.
Old 02-14-20, 07:36 AM   #785
Doctor13Disco
Nub

Downloads: 110
Default Nav map compass tool issue

Hey there!

I'm sorry for the silly question I'm about to ask, but I can't seem to find any answers on the forums (Apologies if I'm simply not looking right).

When plotting things on the navmap with the compass tool, the already plotted compass circles are invisible using some of the closest zoom levels.

That makes really accurate plotting, especially plotting hydrophone contacts, kind of difficult, if not impossible (not to mention annoying).

I'm using GWX 3.0 with the MaGui F version just in case that helps.

By the way, the same issue occurs in my SH5 tWoS game. Is this just how the compass tool works in SH games? Can I do something about it?

Thanks for any help with this.
Doctor13Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-20, 01:58 PM   #786
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

That is a function of the game. The devs did that, and the reasoning is that if you have map contacts on, you can far too accurately draw things to make it "fair" for the enemy. Therefore, once you zoom in a step or two (sometimes 5x) from the max zoom, depending upon the element you are using, things will disappear. This is also why your ruler only gets down to a 500 yard or meters resolution before it either jumps up or down to the next "rounded" figure.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-20, 05:14 PM   #787
Doctor13Disco
Nub

Downloads: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
That is a function of the game. The devs did that, and the reasoning is that if you have map contacts on, you can far too accurately draw things to make it "fair" for the enemy. Therefore, once you zoom in a step or two (sometimes 5x) from the max zoom, depending upon the element you are using, things will disappear. This is also why your ruler only gets down to a 500 yard or meters resolution before it either jumps up or down to the next "rounded" figure.
Thank you for the reply!

Okay then. I can sort of understand why they decided to make it work this way, but when using no map updates, the compass restrictions sort of lose their purpose, don't they? Well, back to just "good enough" plotting then.
Doctor13Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-20, 08:39 PM   #788
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Default Welcome aboard!

Doctor13Disco!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 02-15-20, 08:52 AM   #789
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Doctor13Disco
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-20, 10:27 AM   #790
derVogelbg
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

With my VIIB in Dezember 1939 BdU ordered us to make a patrol to BF11 which quadrant is in the west-westsouth part of the Britain shallow waters. I need to take decision to take the really long way through the northern part of the land, move all around northwest Scotland and Eire to arrive the destionation quadrat and after patrol go back with slow amount if any of diesel or to try spare so needed to the Reich diesel and pass at least at sailing out through the English channel where I could be easility detected and hunted . I remind myself that before years without any mods expected GWX3 I managed to pass through the channel and sunk two patrol boats of tommies . But now when know more information about the things scares appears What can the forum brotherhood suggest to me? Thanks herr kaleunen
Old 06-16-20, 09:27 AM   #791
KermitTheKapitan
Nub

Downloads: 0

Does anyone know of a good set of video tutorials? Reading the guides linked on page 1 is fine and all, but I learn best by actually seeing another person do things. The video tutorials that Ubisoft put into the game are mostly garbage and tell you almost nothing. Like, the torpedo video doesn't tell you how to account for speed and it doesn't tell you how to aim manually. Also, what it shows in the video doesn't even work. It shows them locking onto the stationary cargo ship, and just immediately firing and it completely obliterates the merchant. But in my tutorial, one of the cargo ships immediately started running away the moment I fired my torpedo. The navigation video doesn't tell you how to use the map and the tools available on the map, nor does it tell you how to set a course.

Help!
KermitTheKapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-20, 10:59 AM   #792
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 588
Uploads: 30

Hi KermitTheKapitan Welcome to Subsim try these Video Guides Sir
you will have to copy and paste first link Making Contact into your browser

SH3 Making contact by Bstanko6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku1zzzmxIps

SH3 Manual speed calculation by Bstanko6

SH3 Manual ranging by Bstanko6

SH3 AOB tutorial by Bstanko6

TDC introduction by Bstanko6

Last edited by blackswan40; 06-16-20 at 11:18 AM.
blackswan40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-20, 11:15 AM   #793
Teimo Pielinen
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 49
Default Weird hydrophone noise.

https://www.reddit.com/r/silenthunte...m_medium=web2x
Teimo Pielinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-20, 11:24 AM   #794
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default welcome aboard!

Teimo Pielinen!

Old 06-18-20, 11:32 AM   #795
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 429

Teimo Pielinen,

First off, welcome to Subsim.

The link provided only gives a screen shot of the hydrophone in game with the game paused. I see no way to have your sound played.

Could you also give the mods you are using, it may help.

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

FUBAR295 is online   Reply With Quote