Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-10-21, 12:42 AM   #1
Rockers
Nub

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0
Default Ship markers in TWoS

Hi All, Long time Uboat Simmer, I love SH5 and TWoS pack however for the life of me cannot work out how to get the ship markers back on the maps.

I have found contacts and can physically see them from the conning tower, but no map markers or info about the contacts.

This a fresh install, then the TWoS pack loaded over that, game is running fine and I am pretty keen to start playing this again (all the mods were a nightmare to install individually some years ago but it seem TWoS have that sorted)

Thanks for any help, I have searched all over the place for a solution but cannot find the problem.

BTW My grandfather was a Captain for the English Merchant Navy and was sunk by Seigfreid Strelow on the 22 Sept 1942. He was the Captain of the Grey Ranger.

https://gateway.ipfs.io/ipfs/QmXoypi...d_Strelow.html
Rockers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-21, 01:52 AM   #2
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockers View Post
Hi All, Long time Uboat Simmer, I love SH5 and TWoS pack however for the life of me cannot work out how to get the ship markers back on the maps.

I have found contacts and can physically see them from the conning tower, but no map markers or info about the contacts.

This a fresh install, then the TWoS pack loaded over that, game is running fine and I am pretty keen to start playing this again (all the mods were a nightmare to install individually some years ago but it seem TWoS have that sorted)

Thanks for any help, I have searched all over the place for a solution but cannot find the problem.
Do you have map contacts enabled in game options, and Real Navigation disabled in JGSME mod enabler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockers View Post
BTW My grandfather was a Captain for the English Merchant Navy and was sunk by Seigfreid Strelow on the 22 Sept 1942. He was the Captain of the Grey Ranger.

https://gateway.ipfs.io/ipfs/QmXoypi...d_Strelow.html
Thanks for sharing! Looked it up in uboat.net - having to abandon ship at this latitude must have been quite a terrifying experience...
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-21, 02:40 AM   #3
Rockers
Nub

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
Do you have map contacts enabled in game options, and Real Navigation disabled in JGSME mod enabler?

Thanks for sharing! Looked it up in uboat.net - having to abandon ship at this latitude must have been quite a terrifying experience...

Map Contacts was not enabled, I have turned this on and no Real Nav is not enabled

Amazing only 6 crew died and the rest were picked up in that freezing water

Thanks for the help I tested it and didnt help, Maybe because the contact was on my Save Game already. I will try a new Campaign
Rockers is offline   Reply With Quote