Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 02-12-10, 02:11 AM   #121
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default ZW Thank you!

ZW, I think I can safely say that I speak on behalf of all of us when we say a HUGE THANK YOU for the countless hours of hard work, selfless dedication and support you have given us addressing in a very timely and patient manner all the glitches, problems and resulting frustrations( whether due to bugs in the game or bugs in email servers)

I think you can look forward to Kursk with optimism!

Regards
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-10, 06:44 AM   #122
LcSummers
XO

Downloads: 341
Default Game problems and installation

morttheslayer

first i have to clear something with you. (dont take this serious, keep your jokes on)

You wrote:
Lc just obviously has too much money Har Har! so doesn't have to worry about FPS on his rig(s).

I used my old PC for 8 years. It was time to renew it but not for two or three years, for another 6 or 8 years.

Win 7 is supporting quad cores, XP only dual cores. This is a second reason to invest in a "partial new pc"

If i had too much money than i would buy an original Tiger I and driving around

Its nice to meet new members changing and reading their comments.

Greetings to all member

LC
LcSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-10, 07:04 AM   #123
LcSummers
XO

Default Hi frinik

[QUOTE=frinik;1265411]Hello Mortslayer,Lc and fellow ZW Tankers,

Just for the record, I am not frustrated with the little problems, merely annoyed but also philosophical.I haven't encountered yet the perfect game of any kind that does not have issues, bugs and that doesn't need patches.No I am more puzzled by the fact that once you have an install which has most if not all the problems fixed why would a game not start?????

Hi frinik , i know you are not frustrated, we are only helping each other or maybe try to help each other.
If i had a problem, sure i want to solve it too. i am ambicious too.
I am curious to hear how you solved (when you solved it) your problem maybe some of us can need your advise in the future.
And if we help each other and have positive results, so ZW doesnt have to care with solved problems, he can go on with Kursk.

I hope your wifes pc has the requirements for running TvT. Does she has the newest dx 9c or ny driver? Vista 64 or 32bit

If its an older notebook, the game wouldnt run cause the processor is to slow an its made only for "working" and not to play on it. (only a line of thought)

Thanks for history update, i must say i never heard about the Klein Tiger. Searching now. Its always a pleasure to learn and to hear some news.

Keep us informed, hope there will be a solution.

Regards
LC
Old 02-12-10, 11:53 AM   #124
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default re installs

Hi Lc, Of course I am going to report how the new install will go.Like you I believe we have to help ZW solve the bugs the best we can.My wife's computer has vista 32 and can support the game but since she needs her laptop so Iam going to do the new install on my external hard drive plugged to my own laptop which also has vista 32.I would love to convert to windows 7 but having to re_install all my games and programs does not tempt me.

My wife's laptop is barely 2 years old and had direct X10 and 9c.The graphic card is not top of the line but adequate with 256 dedicated.TvsT runs low on FPS 8 to 9 but adequately. No I think it may be trying to install the latest mod that created the problem because it happened twice and only with the 2B release.The c2m6 and Xmas release work well so the re not the issue.

Thanks for your concern!
Old 02-12-10, 12:02 PM   #125
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default How to post pics on the thread?

Fellows yoiu know what would be nice? To post our pics fromthe TvsT games we' ve played on our posts and exchange nice spectacular snapshots of our best shots or missions.I would love to see yours to those who want to share them that is.How do you post pics from your TvsT photo gallery onto a post?
Old 02-12-10, 12:12 PM   #126
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1
Default Resupply files

Greetings Tanker Kameraden,
Thanks to in particular to LC for the "Files missing in v2B" and morttheslayer
for zeroing in on the possibility, I found the culprit.

http://www.tanksimzw.com/ReSupplyTsk.zip

FOR ALL v2B USERS

You will have to drag from the zip into the following folders.

Put the ReSupplyTsk.script in the:

Interactive\T34vsTiger\Common

Put the other two script files in the:

Interactive\T34vsTiger\Units

And then let me know how it works

ZW
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-10, 12:13 AM   #127
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Failed installs

ZW and fellow ZW Club Members greetings!

I tried installing ZW 's latest release on a new install of TvT on my external hard drive and regretfully it's been a failure in the sense that I experienced the same game crashes as before.I only installed the latest release and it would load but beofre the last rung of the loading ladder at the bottom of the screen appears instead of the click anywhere prompt the game would simply crash.I did install your patch for the 2B versions as instructed ZW but it did not make any difference.To make sure I did not screw up I did a second install making sure all the caches were empty and teszted the game prior to installing the release and zip the patch again but no go.

It's unfortunate but it's only a setback.

I will next try Mort or is it LC's method which is to successively install version 1,1B and then 2B qnd hope it works.

Cheers
Old 02-13-10, 01:33 AM   #128
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
ZW and fellow ZW Club Members greetings!

I tried installing ZW 's latest release on a new install of TvT on my external hard drive and regretfully it's been a failure in the sense that I experienced the same game crashes as before.I only installed the latest release and it would load but beofre the last rung of the loading ladder at the bottom of the screen appears instead of the click anywhere prompt the game would simply crash.I did install your patch for the 2B versions as instructed ZW but it did not make any difference.To make sure I did not screw up I did a second install making sure all the caches were empty and teszted the game prior to installing the release and zip the patch again but no go.

It's unfortunate but it's only a setback.

I will next try Mort or is it LC's method which is to successively install version 1,1B and then 2B qnd hope it works.

Cheers
Hi frinik,

E-mail me your execution.log

you will find it here:

Lighthouse Interactive\T34vsTiger

ATB
ZW
Old 02-13-10, 01:54 AM   #129
frinik
Grey Wolf

Sorry Zee but I unsintalled the game before I could read your PM and next my kids played their games so I could not access it.But I have a hunch or a feeling that there s got to be something missing between either version 1 or 1B and 2B and if you shortcut the install by going straight from install to 2B and skip 1 or 1B, boom! the game crashes...I guess I ll have to test it by trying the step-by-step approach
Old 02-13-10, 02:04 AM   #130
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Sorry Zee but I unsintalled the game before I could read your PM and next my kids played their games so I could not access it.But I have a hunch or a feeling that there s got to be something missing between either version 1 or 1B and 2B and if you shortcut the install by going straight from install to 2B and skip 1 or 1B, boom! the game crashes...I guess I ll have to test it by trying the step-by-step approach

No problem frinik, just send me the one in your back up you made. The data will help me zero in on the culprit.

ZW
Old 02-13-10, 02:06 AM   #131
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default New Install with version 2B

ZW and others has anybody actually tried installing version 2B over a fresh install of TvsT? If somebody would be willing to try and report that would be great and confirm that there s something missing between the various versions.Trying the 2B patch as well to see fi it solves the problem? I tried and it did not work for me?
Old 02-13-10, 03:08 AM   #132
Chucky
Planesman

Downloads: 90

Frinik,I am sure that was what I did last time.
It's no problem for me to try again anyway and report back.Just off to work so will try it tonight.
Chucky.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-10, 05:43 AM   #133
morttheslayer
Soundman

Default Thanks to ZW for support

ZeeWolf and Tankspankers Thanks for the tip on the Hannomag I was starting to believe my B key was shot away!
I will try later and report back.
Thanks for your feedback as well Frinik. I hope your installs go OK and it works for you. It might be worth DL again if you suspect a corrupted file
like I did with Graphics problem. I was philosophical about the whole thing as well - it doesn't do to have too much "computer rage" you can only try and sort it in a logical structured way.
Agree with you ZW support is tremendous

PS I love him!!!
morttheslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-10, 05:44 AM   #134
LcSummers
XO

Default Hi ZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeWolf View Post
Greetings Tanker Kameraden,
Thanks to in particular to LC for the "Files missing in v2B" and morttheslayer
for zeroing in on the possibility, I found the culprit.

http://www.tanksimzw.com/ReSupplyTsk.zip

FOR ALL v2B USERS

You will have to drag from the zip into the following folders.

Put the ReSupplyTsk.script in the:

Interactive\T34vsTiger\Common

Put the other two script files in the:

Interactive\T34vsTiger\Units

And then let me know how it works

ZW

ZW its every time the same error:

It says: [Script Manager] Duplicate class "CCreSupplyTsK" definition.

Its maybe a Win 7 problem but every time i put manually files in those folders i get an error message. It s the same with steelroad gears.

I had this kind of problem from the beginning on, i cant replace files manually this causes error messages and crashdowns

LC

Last edited by LcSummers; 02-13-10 at 05:58 AM.
Old 02-13-10, 06:04 AM   #135
LcSummers
XO

Quote:
Hi Lc, Of course I am going to report how the new install will go.Like you I believe we have to help ZW solve the bugs the best we can.My wife's computer has vista 32 and can support the game but since she needs her laptop so Iam going to do the new install on my external hard drive plugged to my own laptop which also has vista 32.I would love to convert to windows 7 but having to re_install all my games and programs does not tempt me.

Thanks for your concern!

Frinik, this was my first opinion when i bought Win 7.(quote .I would love to convert to windows 7 but having to re_install all my games and programs does not tempt me.)
It didnt attempt me too but now i know it was the right way. Old games are working really fine, maybe i will try it T-72 Balkans on fire will run, just to see if this is possible.

LC