SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-21-19, 02:07 PM   #12721
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123
Uploads: 0

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > GrenSo
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-19, 04:38 PM   #12722
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

GrenSo!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-19, 02:24 AM   #12723
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 578
Uploads: 8

Hi everyone.

I'm not really new here, because and read the forum and be on SUBSIM for about 5 years. But until now, there was not really a reason for me to comment something. And I had registered this year only for one single download.

Last edited by GrenSo; 11-22-19 at 03:35 AM.
GrenSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-19, 06:05 AM   #12724
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Do you guys like more these...

..or these?

Faces+little icons would be my choice. This version makes it clear who's responsible for what, while not depersonalizing our crew.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-19, 02:42 AM   #12725
boogieman335
Mate

Downloads: 208
Uploads: 5

Hi Guys, I have been trying for some time now to find either an ENB or something to improve the shadow rendering in the game and I think I have finally found it. I have several years of using and customizing ENB' s in Skyrim and a couple other games, and I have messed with Sweet FX and Reshade in some other games, but SH5 has always frustrated me because it seemed if you got any real depth and vibrancy in the graphics it messed up the log or the radio messages to where you couldn't read them. But using the new version of reshade and the Beta Reshade manager linked below I got a look that I really like. Here is a link to some screenshots.:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ipoee...81%29.zip/file

And here is a link to Reshade:
https://reshade.me/downloads/ReShade_Setup_4.4.2.exe

And here is a link to the manger:
https://reshademanager.com/dl/ReShad...ta%200.4.5.zip

I achieved the look in the screenshots with my graphics mod {found in the downloads section}
and simply setting the Reshade manger on the setting for Battlefield 4. and the manger did the rest.
Just place the reshade .exe in the main SH5 folder and unzip the manger and place its contents in the main SH5 folder. Launch the manger and it will download the reshade shaders it needs and set them up then just click on the green controller icon to launch the game. In the screenshots you can see that using the built in frame counter in SH5 my frames stayed between 84fps outside and well over 100fps inside the boat in the screen shots. The manager may give you an unsafe file warning if you are using Windows 10 because it is an unsigned file but it is safe.
boogieman335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-19, 12:29 PM   #12726
Sleeper.M
Nub

Downloads: 4

Hello,
Noob question: is there a way to make all speech in game English only?
I'm using the Twos mod and it runs fine. I just prefer to hear English only from my crew. I know not really realistic considering I'm in German Uboat but would like to do that if possible. thank you for your help much appreciated.
Sleeper.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-19, 01:48 PM   #12727
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Sleeper.M!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-19, 02:08 PM   #12728
Sleeper.M
Nub

Downloads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Sleeper.M!
Thank you.
Sleeper.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-19, 04:22 PM   #12729
THEBERBSTER

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Sleeper.M
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

English Crew Voices By Kevinsue
Old 11-29-19, 05:31 PM   #12730
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogieman335 View Post
Hi Guys, I have been trying for some time now to find either an ENB or something to improve the shadow rendering in the game and I think I have finally found it. I have several years of using and customizing ENB' s in Skyrim and a couple other games, and I have messed with Sweet FX and Reshade in some other games, but SH5 has always frustrated me because it seemed if you got any real depth and vibrancy in the graphics it messed up the log or the radio messages to where you couldn't read them. But using the new version of reshade and the Beta Reshade manager linked below I got a look that I really like. Here is a link to some screenshots.:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ipoee...81%29.zip/file

And here is a link to Reshade:
https://reshade.me/downloads/ReShade_Setup_4.4.2.exe

And here is a link to the manger:
https://reshademanager.com/dl/ReShad...ta%200.4.5.zip

I achieved the look in the screenshots with my graphics mod {found in the downloads section}
and simply setting the Reshade manger on the setting for Battlefield 4. and the manger did the rest.
Just place the reshade .exe in the main SH5 folder and unzip the manger and place its contents in the main SH5 folder. Launch the manger and it will download the reshade shaders it needs and set them up then just click on the green controller icon to launch the game. In the screenshots you can see that using the built in frame counter in SH5 my frames stayed between 84fps outside and well over 100fps inside the boat in the screen shots. The manager may give you an unsafe file warning if you are using Windows 10 because it is an unsigned file but it is safe.
This is very interesting and I´ll try it. But...How launch you the game with KSD? You wrote about launch the game with the manager

Many thanks and best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-19, 12:43 AM   #12731
boogieman335
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
This is very interesting and I´ll try it. But...How launch you the game with KSD? You wrote about launch the game with the manager

Many thanks and best regards.

Fitzcarraldo
I think you can just go ahead and launch it as you usually do. Once the reshade is installed it launchs with the game. I just said to launch it with the manger the first time to make sure it activates the profile it created. I haven't really used the KSD so I am not sure.
I used the Battlefield 4 profile because it is the profile closer to SH5 shader type. The new version of reshade is capable of filmic lighting and many other shading techniques. It even has support for the Vulkin API which is what got me using it as I use it in X4 Foundations. When I had tried it with older versions of reshade it always made the log and message board hard to read and the new version doesn't as you can see from my screen shots. For those who are more knowing about reshade than me can maybe make a better profile for the game.
Old 11-30-19, 12:50 AM   #12732
boogieman335
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper.M View Post
Hello,
Noob question: is there a way to make all speech in game English only?
I'm using the Twos mod and it runs fine. I just prefer to hear English only from my crew. I know not really realistic considering I'm in German Uboat but would like to do that if possible. thank you for your help much appreciated.
I copied the English sound files from my backup copy of the game and it works fine. I use the Steam version of the game.
files located at Silent Hunter 5/data/sound/speech/
Old 11-30-19, 05:10 AM   #12733
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogieman335 View Post
I think you can just go ahead and launch it as you usually do. Once the reshade is installed it launchs with the game. I just said to launch it with the manger the first time to make sure it activates the profile it created. I haven't really used the KSD so I am not sure.
I used the Battlefield 4 profile because it is the profile closer to SH5 shader type. The new version of reshade is capable of filmic lighting and many other shading techniques. It even has support for the Vulkin API which is what got me using it as I use it in X4 Foundations. When I had tried it with older versions of reshade it always made the log and message board hard to read and the new version doesn't as you can see from my screen shots. For those who are more knowing about reshade than me can maybe make a better profile for the game.
In my installation, DVD Gold 1.0 plus patch 1.2 and TWoS 2.2.16, and reshade installed, the game starts well from UPLAY, but from KSD or double clicking sh5.exe the game goes to CTD. Without reshade, all ways for starting the game work fine.

Also, when started via UPLAY, appears a text in the upper left corner telling reshade is active, etc. but I can't delete it, and remains there all the session.

I tried it in SH4 too, and all works fine without texts and the game starts without problems. But SH4 doesn't use UPLAY for start. I think there is a problem between reshade, sh5.exe and his relation to UPLAY.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
Old 11-30-19, 06:34 AM   #12734
THEBERBSTER

Hi fitz
If you have recently installed from the Dvd you will need this Uplay fix to overcome the ctd problem.

How To Re-Install A SH5 DVD Following Uplay’s Update Instructions For TWoS Players > Pictorial
Peter
Old 11-30-19, 08:15 AM   #12735
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi fitz
If you have recently installed from the Dvd you will need this Uplay fix to overcome the ctd problem.

How To Re-Install A SH5 DVD Following Uplay’s Update Instructions For TWoS Players > Pictorial
Peter
Thanks! But I can launch the game from UPLAY with reshade, and with KSD without reshade. My installation is oldie; it is "1.2", not the damn "1.3". The problem is with reshade and Uplay, I believe.

Launching the game via KSD without reshade the game works fine as ever. I never have the problem of the new patch, because I use my DVD 1.0 and my old 1.2 patch when reinstall (but it is a lot of months I don´t reinstall SH5).

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo