SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-14-21, 01:07 PM   #1
Lolamaras
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
Default New player Questions,

Hey guys so I'm new to subsims, I played uboat and really enjoyed that and im currently waiting for b129 to be fixed and stabilized. So I heard all about SH series and I was wondering what to play between SH3 which alot of people love and SH4 which is I guess considered just as good what made me choose SH4 is the pacific and my love for the US-IJP war at sea and air. So before I started I watched a bunch of videos of both and I found more on SH3 than I did for 4 so here I am asking to figure stuff out. First of all how the hell do I figure out the controls tutorial didnt help I tried the first one(the basic movement one) and the game told me nothing I actually figured out in the tutorial how to move myself which seems weird lol game help 0. Anyways now to my other game related questions.

So Is the campaign dynamic like sh3 and how alive is it compared? I saw there is a mod in sh3 that brings the game to life greywolves something I think it was called it brings events air attacks on ports big warships and stuff is there anything in sh4 like that ? I especially want to be able to feel like the war is there not me just be in a sub chasing stuff around. Are there any naval ingagements I can take part of? Battle of midway? Will that happen in 42 and can I see the IJP being bombed by US planes? Are there IJP transport fleets for their invasions I can intercept? Also If I get detected do I get hunted by planes and destroyers? And can I attack ports?

Sorry for the wall I just want to know on how the game works and if the game is what I'm looking for
Lolamaras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-21, 11:48 PM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Lolomaras!Nice wall!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-21, 02:08 PM   #3
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Hello Lolamaras! "Welcome to SubSim!"

Look in the folder where you have SH4 installed, and consult and / or print-out the "SH4_Q-Ref_Card_Back.jpg" and "SH4_Q-Ref_Card_Front.jpg" images, which are the keyboard short-cuts for the game. The Function keys up top are shortcuts to rooms (usually), the number keys below that are the speed keys, and then various letter keys are for "commands".

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-21, 10:53 AM   #4
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolamaras View Post
Hey guys so I'm new to subsims, I played uboat and really enjoyed that and im currently waiting for b129 to be fixed and stabilized. So I heard all about SH series and I was wondering what to play between SH3 which alot of people love and SH4 which is I guess considered just as good what made me choose SH4 is the pacific and my love for the US-IJP war at sea and air. So before I started I watched a bunch of videos of both and I found more on SH3 than I did for 4 so here I am asking to figure stuff out. First of all how the hell do I figure out the controls tutorial didnt help I tried the first one(the basic movement one) and the game told me nothing I actually figured out in the tutorial how to move myself which seems weird lol game help 0. Anyways now to my other game related questions.

So Is the campaign dynamic like sh3 and how alive is it compared? I saw there is a mod in sh3 that brings the game to life greywolves something I think it was called it brings events air attacks on ports big warships and stuff is there anything in sh4 like that ? I especially want to be able to feel like the war is there not me just be in a sub chasing stuff around. Are there any naval ingagements I can take part of? Battle of midway? Will that happen in 42 and can I see the IJP being bombed by US planes? Are there IJP transport fleets for their invasions I can intercept? Also If I get detected do I get hunted by planes and destroyers? And can I attack ports?

Sorry for the wall I just want to know on how the game works and if the game is what I'm looking for
it not hard too figure out f1 will bring up help and there some great mods and you can be in the battle of midway and you can attack ports but honest most times you can run out of fish before you make it to a port or even to your pz although sh4 didn't get the love like 3 but we do have one thing over the wolves on most us boat class sonar works on surface although the atlantic wolves don't know this or say false and will change it in mods lol

Tags
question, silent hunter 4