SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-19-09, 07:57 AM   #766
goldorak
Admiral

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskey111 View Post
No, I don't have proofs because I haven't found any information about this. So this is why I asked about this. I'm just interested.
I don't know. And even if people knew the answer to your question I seriously doubt they could talk about it.
You'll just have to accept to play with a dead zone in active intercept.

Quote:
And what about disappearing torpedo "ping sound" ? Do You have the same effect or it just my sound card bug ?
Uhm, some months ago I did a test in multiplayer, and the guy on the sub didn't hear the torpedo pings (it was an active torpedo launched from the mh-60r) in the dead zone.
goldorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-09, 10:16 AM   #767
whiskey111
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 185

I have this in single player. Not tested yet in multi player mode.

1. And what about special forces inflatable rubber craft ? It doesn't work for me at all. Is this not ended yet or some bug ?
2. There is problem when I was trying to make HF sonar malfunction for Oscar II sub by triger and script. Game crashes to desktop. Not ended or bug ?
whiskey111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-09, 10:25 AM   #768
goldorak
Admiral

Quote:
I have this in single player. Not tested yet in multi player mode.
Thats strange.
I remember doing tests with wire guided torpedos, making them go south and then come back up on my six (I was on a 0 course) and never heard them on the active intercept.
I think the dead zone is 60 degrees total, from 150 to 210, maybe a little bit more. The bearings are relative, so if you change course the 60 degree dead zone will of course change with your new course.
Old 11-19-09, 11:00 AM   #769
whiskey111
Machinist's Mate

I'm not talking about active intercept.
The situation is that when torpedo is on my six (dead zone) I should hear pings hitting my subs body - when I'm not in active intercept station. But I don't hear it.
Old 11-20-09, 02:25 AM   #770
pjb1
Seaman

Downloads: 2

Quote:
I'm not talking about active intercept.
The situation is that when torpedo is on my six (dead zone) I should hear pings hitting my subs body - when I'm not in active intercept station. But I don't hear it.
I have a post earlier here about and it was discovered that there is a dead zone to your 180 or behind you there is no active intercept sensor on the screw and the TA doesnt pick up active sonar. I have talked to some people that do this for real and they say its realistic that you wont "hear" the pings hitting your sub body if you do then its real real close and you are about to die, the pinging you do hear is still coming thru the active intercept station. I understand what you mean by hearing pings if this was true then you would hear pings when playing surface ships but when in surface ship you cant hear any pings ever because there is no active intercept. If there was a way to turn off the active intercept station then you would never hear any pings no matter where torp was, does this make sense to you now. Also you should try browsing thru all the posts because this has been addressed earlier also many other things.
pjb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-09, 05:15 AM   #771
whiskey111
Machinist's Mate

Thank You for answer pjb1. You set up a light in my mind now
Old 11-24-09, 01:02 AM   #772
Imamar
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

One question before I install this babe, So what is the policy these days? Adding playables to DW -- legal or illegal?

Dont eat your shorts RA-lovers, I just have to know.
Old 11-24-09, 05:50 AM   #773
caymanlee
Medic

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GrayOwl- View Post
To disconnect physics of game.
It is impossible.
Having removed a mistake with DSRV- all defective physics of game will be broken.
Unfortunately is an irreplaceable loss...

confirm that. the key for the DSRV problem is " oceancurrent" or "ocean flow" simulated by Game physic simulation engine. because of that, sub can't stick steady in fixed position(you could actually see that in game: stope the sub, enlarge the map maximum, press "Enter" make a mark point, wait and see, sub move slowly away from the mark point )----which it is the fact in reality(that's why Virginia Class was designed with a new tech something call like "stay still at the fixed point underwater" for special force)-----------and that cause: the DSRV can go back at accurate launching point, but the sub no long at that point--------that's why no matter how good the doctrine is, the DSRV won't work-----compare with the "Subcommand" which has a properly working DSRV
caymanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-09, 07:01 AM   #774
whiskey111
Machinist's Mate

And I discovered next bug: TLAM missles fired from US DDG can't hit the target. The are just flying over the target. Why ?
Old 11-24-09, 08:38 AM   #775
goldorak
Admiral

Quote:
And I discovered next bug: TLAM missles fired from US DDG can't hit the target. The are just flying over the target. Why ?
Did you read the documentation on how to set those TLAM's and what is the standard operating procedure ? There are constraints on how a TLAM can hit a target, please read the pdf.
Old 11-24-09, 05:51 PM   #776
whiskey111
Machinist's Mate

I can't find any information in weapon manual how can I set AI units to forced them to targeting TLAM properly.
Old 11-25-09, 05:33 AM   #777
pjb1
Seaman

Downloads: 2

Quote:
I can't find any information in weapon manual how can I set AI units to forced them to targeting TLAM properly.
you might have to use scenario editor and give them a task to eliminate an object not really sure i make mostly multiplayer scenarios
pjb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-09, 01:20 PM   #778
LoBlo
Subsim Diehard

Downloads: 78
Uploads: 3

Constructive Criticism on the Ohio Trilogy campaign. Seems like 99% damage to the missile targets should be sufficient for a mission kill instead of 100% damage. Its very diffulcult to destroy all 12 targets, as there is a aspect of random error to the Trident flight profile enough to insure that at least one of the targets will not be 100% destroyed. Is this realistic? Well maybe in the most abstract of senses, but in reality, high value targets have multiple warheads designated to ensure destruction. Not to mention that the Trident has 7 re-entry vehicles (not one large warhead).

Perhaps it would be better to designate a 80% damage trigger to the target goal rather than a complete kill.

On a side note, for bug reporting for future installments of the game, does the RA team think its possible to fix the launch announcement bug for verticle launch tubes 13-16 where the game fails to announce the launches (seems like the voice triggers are missnumbered to the launch tube number so its does not trigger the launch announcement).
Old 11-25-09, 03:05 PM   #779
Pumpkin
Mate

Downloads: 21

Hi,

DWX appears not to work with DWEdit. Is there a version of DWEdit out there that works with DWX?
Old 11-25-09, 05:48 PM   #780
whiskey111
Machinist's Mate

pjb1 - You didn't understand what I'm trying to say. TLAM missles firing from AI US DDG are not hitting the target. Just flying over it and not hit it.
This what I was trying to describe to goldorak. But I think he missed that I was talking about AI DDG not controlable sub.

Tags
reinforce alert