SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-10-13, 05:14 PM   #6691
rodrigo senzo
Swabbie

Downloads: 96
Uploads: 0

Ok, thanks for your replies.
When I use magnetic device, I set it 1m deeper.
But when I use impact fuse, I set about mid draft. For exemple, if cargo draft is 9m, I set torpedo to run about 4.5m. What do you guys recommend?
Thanks again
rodrigo senzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-13, 05:50 PM   #6692
desertstriker
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 998

depending on the size half is a good option though if you are using salvo i would set at slightly different depths +/- 1-2meters to maximize flooding
desertstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-13, 07:34 AM   #6693
majestic23
Swabbie

Downloads: 7

Hm, so I started a new career on August 1, 1939. Did the 5 day shakedown patrol and returned on August 6th.

Interestingly the time did not advance before next mission, It is still August 6th when I stat my 2nd patrol. This is with SH3 commander and the GWX files for SH3C.
majestic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-13, 05:16 PM   #6694
Phil2
Swabbie

Downloads: 464
Default Upgrading and Installing GWX

I had GWX since its release. Somehow my SHIII registration was lost. That is each time I tried to launch Grey Wolves, the serial number would appear with a verification refusal following. I gave up after several attempts at attempting verification and did a complete housecleaning.

Hence my problem,

I performed a new download install (Amazon). This download appears to register Version 1.4 at the lower right corner. Question: Are there further upgrade/update requirements? Is "sh3_dd_14b_US" unnecessary and can I proceed then directly to a Grey Wolves Gold (3.0) installation???

Please advise so I might (re)obtain a functional Grey Wolves setup.

Regards,

In the interim, I did use both UBISOFT updates and the update provided with the GWX installation suite. The updates failed to install due to a conflict with some de.menu file or en.menu file and finally SH3.dll

Thus, I may have fumbled upon the answer to my question. However, I would appreciate knowing if I am on the correct track and can proceed with the GWX setup without futher surprises. ReBoot following install, for example.

Last edited by Phil2; 09-30-13 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Update
Phil2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-13, 05:21 PM   #6695
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Looks like your good to go to me.
Old 09-30-13, 09:02 PM   #6696
Phil2
Swabbie

Default Thank you Privateer

Based on your comment, I shall proceed with the GWX 3.0 installation without chasing any illusive upgrades as my shIII indicates version 1.4 on the menu screen.

Before I start, I would like to know if there are any other actions worthy of taking. I remember that on the last time I installed I did not receive a GW desktop icon, which indicated to me that the MOD was not fully incorporated.

Should I just install and then do a system reboot?

Please advise
Old 09-30-13, 10:31 PM   #6697
HW3
Navy Seal

Downloads: 453

Install, reboot, and go. GWX does not make a GWX desktop icon.

"Some ships are designed to sink...others require our assistance." Nathan Zelk
HW3 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-13, 11:02 PM   #6698
Phil2
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil2 View Post
Based on your comment, I shall proceed with the GWX 3.0 installation without chasing any illusive upgrades as my shIII indicates version 1.4 on the menu screen.

Before I start, I would like to know if there are any other actions worthy of taking. I remember that on the last time I installed I did not receive a GW desktop icon, which indicated to me that the MOD was not fully incorporated.

Should I just install and then do a system reboot?

Please advise

MUCH LATER IN THE EVENING

I thank all of you for your prompt responses. In spite of twenty-years of computer gaming, I hesitate to take things litterally.

The version level on the program menu is v1.4. However, it refers to "sh3_dd_14b_us". Does the "b" suffix have any consequential effect? When I have attempted to install this patch, knowing it is v1-v3, it fails due to conflicts with various .txt files that I am assuming are obsolete at v1.4.

Am I sailing on an even keel? If so, I will launch GWX 3.0 on 1/10. Please note that my original setup did come with a "Gray Wolves" desktop icon.
Old 10-01-13, 05:04 AM   #6699
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Just carry on....your good to go.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-13, 04:24 PM   #6700
Phil2
Swabbie

Default Thank You

I am writing to thank in particular Jimbuna, HW3 and Privateer for their prompt and patient responses. In spite of my self-imposed fears and combats with swamp gas, I succeeded in re-installing SHIII and in particular, "Grey Wolves, today. How the UBISOFT code verification system decided to invalidate the original installation I will never wish to figure out. The end result was positive. I am back on course with Grey Wolves and I thank you for that assistance.
Old 10-01-13, 08:18 PM   #6701
HW3
Navy Seal

Downloads: 453

Your welcome! Glad you are back on the high seas!

"Some ships are designed to sink...others require our assistance." Nathan Zelk
HW3 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-13, 04:10 AM   #6702
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil2 View Post
I am writing to thank in particular Jimbuna, HW3 and Privateer for their prompt and patient responses. In spite of my self-imposed fears and combats with swamp gas, I succeeded in re-installing SHIII and in particular, "Grey Wolves, today. How the UBISOFT code verification system decided to invalidate the original installation I will never wish to figure out. The end result was positive. I am back on course with Grey Wolves and I thank you for that assistance.
SINK EM ALL!!

Old 10-20-13, 11:47 PM   #6703
frigokar
Sailor man

Downloads: 66

any way to reenable ingame music, i realy liked it
frigokar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-13, 07:47 PM   #6704
the dark knight
Bosun

Downloads: 16

I do have a question about GWX. I am running 3.0 and was wondering about ship bases. For example, I know the HMS Hood was at Scapa Flow most of September of 1939, and I sank her at her moorings. However, when I went to hunt Nelson, Revenge, and some more of the home fleet in November/December 1939 they are missing. According to these ships log books they were together at Greenock from December 2nd to around the 7th and Rodney should come back around the 31st. I managed to sneak into Greenock, and not one ship of the home fleet was there. (aside from the patrolling asw ships near the entrance. Is this normal? Is Greenock not used in GWX for the home fleet?
Old 10-22-13, 05:26 AM   #6705
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Not on my home rig atm but if you open up the SH3 editor and load the Campaign_Scr you should see everything.