SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-05-07, 06:51 PM   #106
Trefoil
Helmsman

Downloads: 57
Uploads: 0

Hitman - Your knowledge on how the germans collected data for their firing solutions is amazing. I understand you've done a massive amount of research & that it was your intention, a few months back, to make available a long article on this subject, with pictures. Did you ever do so? I would love to read it.
Old 12-06-07, 12:05 AM   #107
joegrundman
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitrius07
joegrundman

I made a glass on the stopwach instead of the standart reflextion.tga. I can show you screenshot and install info (it will take no more that 1 min to install), or i can PM you if you have time . I don`t want to bother you too much
Sounds great Dimitrius! By all means PM me and I'll take a look at it

joe
"Enemy submarines are to be called U-Boats. The term submarine is to be reserved for Allied under water vessels. U-Boats are those dastardly villains who sink our ships, while submarines are those gallant and noble craft which sink theirs." Winston Churchill
joegrundman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-07, 05:08 AM   #108
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Hitman - Your knowledge on how the germans collected data for their firing solutions is amazing. I understand you've done a massive amount of research & that it was your intention, a few months back, to make available a long article on this subject, with pictures. Did you ever do so? I would love to read it.
Yes it is available in spanish here: www.u-historia.com Sadly real life and other projects have kept me away from translating it to english but I will do it some day
Old 12-13-07, 06:51 PM   #109
Trefoil
Helmsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegrundman
Quote:
joegrundman

I made a glass on the stopwach instead of the standart reflextion.tga. I can show you screenshot and install info (it will take no more that 1 min to install), or i can PM you if you have time . I don`t want to bother you too much
Sounds great Dimitrius! By all means PM me and I'll take a look at it

joe
I've read in another thread that you are working on v1.3 of your mod - I hope the stopwatch glass will be included. I was using OLC's brilliant GUI, but for various reasons, I've returned to your mod - Glad you're continuing to develop it.
Old 12-13-07, 07:17 PM   #110
Dimitrius07
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Trefoil

The only thing i work right now is how to get rid of that damn DS . First meating with him in GWX 2.0 and i end up in the buttom. Seems like i learn another lesson in hard way. Nevermind, i finish working on my two small projects (Obs Periscope with larger view) and i added a glass to U-jagd stopwach. I can`t post the second one to a public unless i get a premision from the original creator of the mod.
Her is a screenshot of what a talking about

This is something i made for my personal taste. Hope you will like it

Last edited by Dimitrius07; 12-13-07 at 08:06 PM.
Old 12-13-07, 08:03 PM   #111
Trefoil
Helmsman

Quote:
Trefoil

The only thing i work right now is how to get rid of that damn DS . First meating with him in GWX 2.0 and i end up in the buttom. Seems like i learn another lesson in hard way. Nevermind, i finish working on my small project (Obs Periscope with larger view) and i added a glass to U-jagd stopwach. I can`t post it to a public unless i get a premision from the original creator of the mod.
Hi Dimitrius07 - Nice screenshot, I hope joegrundman gives you permission to release your stopwatch glass, or you give joegrundman permission to include it in v1.3 of his U-Jagd tools mod. I've been reading the thread on your other mod - the observation periscope with a larger view. I'd like to try it. Have you posted a download link?
Old 12-13-07, 08:16 PM   #112
Dimitrius07
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I can give it to him, or wait for his respond . Its not a hard job if you compare to other moders work.

Offtopic

I will post Larger Obs scope mod as soon as i will finish writing manual.
Old 12-13-07, 09:03 PM   #113
joegrundman
Ocean Warrior

Hi Dimitrius

I would love to see it, and i will certainly incorporate it into version 1.3. Thanks very much Please PM me the link to it

1.3 isn't a big change, the tools will be increased in accuracy and a new 3 wheel circular slide rule will be included, as well as Dimitrius graphical contribution.

cheers

joe
"Enemy submarines are to be called U-Boats. The term submarine is to be reserved for Allied under water vessels. U-Boats are those dastardly villains who sink our ships, while submarines are those gallant and noble craft which sink theirs." Winston Churchill
Old 12-13-07, 10:48 PM   #114
rascal101
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 200
Default Question is this mod compatable with GWX2

Just wondering if this mod is compatable with the new GWX2
rascal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-07, 11:21 PM   #115
jimmie
Lieutenant

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Hi Dimitrius

I would love to see it, and i will certainly incorporate it into version 1.3. Thanks very much Please PM me the link to it

1.3 isn't a big change, the tools will be increased in accuracy and a new 3 wheel circular slide rule will be included, as well as Dimitrius graphical contribution.

cheers

joe
yay! I'm now a fan of U-Jagd tools. Thanks for updating. Please keep coming
jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-07, 11:56 PM   #116
joegrundman
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Trefoil

The only thing i work right now is how to get rid of that damn DS . First meating with him in GWX 2.0 and i end up in the buttom. Seems like i learn another lesson in hard way. Nevermind, i finish working on my two small projects (Obs Periscope with larger view) and i added a glass to U-jagd stopwach. I can`t post the second one to a public unless i get a premision from the original creator of the mod.
Her is a screenshot of what a talking about

This is something i made for my personal taste. Hope you will like it
looks good
Old 12-14-07, 12:05 AM   #117
joegrundman
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal101
I haven't D/L'd GWX2 yet, so i can't answer that, but I understand that GWX2 includes a large slideout compass, which probably has changed the menu file, and so the GWX version probably will need to be updated.

You can always try it and see. If it doesn't work, the game will have an error in loading saying menu item ID 3Fxxxxxx not found. it won't cause any permanent harm assuming you are using JSGME to enable and disable mods.Actually it most likely will work, but you won't have the new GWX compass tool or the new nomo if it is a draggable version.

However, you can adapt it for GWX2.0 yourself by using the U-jagd 1.2 GWX DIY kit. That should work fine

Last edited by joegrundman; 12-14-07 at 02:58 AM.
Old 12-14-07, 03:32 AM   #118
klinga
Watch

Downloads: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman
UPDATE 22 Oct 2007:

Now also a NYGM compatible version: http://files.filefront.com/U+jagd112.../fileinfo.html
which version of NYGM is this compatible with?
klinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-07, 03:39 AM   #119
Letum
Navy Seal

Downloads: 43

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal101
I haven't D/L'd GWX2 yet, so i can't answer that, but I understand that GWX2 includes a large slideout compass, which probably has changed the menu file, and so the GWX version probably will need to be updated.

You can always try it and see. If it doesn't work, the game will have an error in loading saying menu item ID 3Fxxxxxx not found. it won't cause any permanent harm assuming you are using JSGME to enable and disable mods.Actually it most likely will work, but you won't have the new GWX compass tool or the new nomo if it is a draggable version.

However, you can adapt it for GWX2.0 yourself by using the U-jagd 1.2 GWX DIY kit. That should work fine
Old 12-14-07, 08:27 AM   #120
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
which version of NYGM is this compatible with?
AFAIK all since 2.4 up to 2.6B (Currently most recent version available), because the menu_ini was not modified since that 2.4.:hmm: