SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-17-09, 04:02 PM   #1
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 3
Default Fleet Command DB Modding How-to's"

1. How to fix the Sovremenny DDG SSM Launchers.
2. How to make the SM-2 SAM hit its target better in FC.
3. How to make the Exocet hit its target better in FC.
4. How to add more Aircraft to the carries in FC.
5. How to make a new missile in FC.

Please read the disclaimer before you try any of this.

**Disclaimer** -- Electronic Arts Jane’s Combat Simulations, and Sonalysts, Inc. are not supporting any modifications made by the end users. This is at your own risk. Please do not call or email their customer support for help with these files. These model's, files, programs & info are in no way connected to, or affiliated with the Developers of Fleet Command - Sonalysts, Inc, its employees, representatives, consortium's, or other persons or companies associated with it. Therefore the creators of these model's, files, programs & info will take no responsibility for harm that it might do to your game or computer by trying them.

It as not harmed my game or computer but use these items at your own RISK OK.

Sorry for putting the above, if you need help doing this PM and I will get it working for you.

Thank You for reading.

ASrock 4Core1600P35-Wifi, Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 2.93GHz, 4GB OCZ PC2-6400 ATI CrossFire Edition, Sapphire 2600XT 256MB GDDR4 PCI-E, 500GB Sansumg SATAII HDD 16MB Cache, XP

Last edited by Fleet Command CC; 10-17-09 at 04:34 PM.
Fleet Command CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-09, 04:03 PM   #2
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Number One.

Before we start backup the db folder in Fleet Command main directory, also you will need the Fleet Command DB editor to try this, you can get it from the Fleet Command downloads.

You can also download it from my filefactory download site.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/654beb/n/fcdbedit51_zip

Extract the Fleet Command DB editor to the Desktop then left click the FCDBEdit.exe and then click run.

Use the drop down menu to get the location of the db files.

For example.

Local Disk C:\Program Files\Jane's Combat Simulations\fleet command\Database\object.odb

OR

Local Disk (C) \Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\fleet command\database\object.odb

OR

Local Disk C:\Program Files\Sonalysts Combat Simulations\fleet command\database\object.odb

Next Left double click on objects.odb

Next Left click View,

Next Left click Launchers...

Now a window will pop-up called Launcher Records.

Note:

If you would like to make it easy to use the Fleet Command DB editor, extract the FCDBEdit.exe to one of the above locations, depending on whichever version of FC you have got

Look down the left hand side of the Launcher Records window you will see a lot of numbers and names.

For example,

0002. LA SSN Mid-tubes P
0003. LA SSN Mid-tubes S

Go down the records and till you come to 0311: Sov 22 Lnchr P and double click on it.

Look for where it say ( Firing Core Half Angle: ) and change 30 to 90 then save the record. You will need to do the same for the 0312: Sov 22 Lnchr S records as well.

Next click the X at the top on the right hand side of the screen and again on the Fleet Command Database Editor screen then click yes to save.

Thank You for reading.

Last edited by Fleet Command CC; 10-17-09 at 04:27 PM.
Old 10-17-09, 04:05 PM   #3
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Number Two.

Before we start backup the db folder in Fleet Command main directory, also you will need the Fleet Command DB editor to try this, you can get it from the Fleet Command downloads.

Extract the Fleet Command DB editor to the Desktop then left click the FCDBEdit.exe and then click run.

For example.

Local Disk C:\Program Files\Jane's Combat Simulations\fleet command\Graphics

OR

Local Disk (C) \Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\fleet command\database\object.odb

OR

Local Disk C:\Program Files\Sonalysts Combat Simulations\fleet command\database\object.odb

Next Left click View,

Next Left click objects.

Now a screen will pop-up called Object Records.

Note:

If you would like to make it easy to use the Fleet Command DB editor, extract the FCDBEdit.exe to one of the above locations, depending on whichever version of FC you have got

Look down the left hand side of the Object Records screen you will see a lot of numbers and names.

For example,

0001. 53 cm Torpedo
0002. 65 cm Torpedo
0003. A 244 Torpedo

Go down the records and till you come to 0264:SM-2 and double click on it.

Then click the Weapon Only Fields tab, and check the boxes where it say,

Requires Targets Lock Before Firing.
Provided with Target Snapshot Before Launch.

Also change the Probability of correct detonation: from 75 to 100

Next click Save Record.

Next click the X at the top on the right hand side of the screen and again on the Fleet Command Database Editor screen then click yes to save.

This should make the SM-2 SAM hit anything in the sky.

Thank You for reading.

ASrock 4Core1600P35-Wifi, Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 2.93GHz, 4GB OCZ PC2-6400 ATI CrossFire Edition, Sapphire 2600XT 256MB GDDR4 PCI-E, 500GB Sansumg SATAII HDD 16MB Cache, XP

Last edited by Fleet Command CC; 10-17-09 at 04:28 PM.
Old 10-17-09, 04:15 PM   #4
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Number Three.

For example.

Local Disc C:\Program Files\Jane's Combat Simulations\fleet command\Graphics

OR

Local Disc (C) \Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\fleet command\database\object.odb

OR

Local Disc C:\Program Files\Sonalysts Combat Simulations\fleet command\database\object.odb

Next Left click View,

Next Left click objects.

Now a screen will pop-up called Object Records.

Note:

Look down the left hand side of the Object Records screen you will see a lot of numbers and names.

For example,

0001. 53 cm Torpedo
0002. 65 cm Torpedo
0003. A 244 Torpedo

Go down the records and till you come to 0101:Exocet and double click on it.

Then click the Weapon Only Fields tab, and check the boxes where it say

Requires Targets Lock Before Firing,

Next click Save Record.

This should make the Exocet a much better ship killer.

Thank You for reading.

Last edited by Fleet Command CC; 10-17-09 at 04:29 PM.
Old 10-17-09, 04:17 PM   #5
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Number Four.

For example.

OR

OR

Next Left double click on the shipbasedaircraft.db file.

OR

Left click View,

Next Left click ShipBasedAircraft,

Now a screen will pop-up called ShipBasedAircraft Records.

Note:

Look down the left hand side of the Ship Based Aircraft Records screen you will see a lot of numbers and names.

For example,

001: Adelaide FFG
002: Babr DD
003: Asagiri DDG

Go down the records and till you come to 051:Nimitz CVN and double click on it. Now where it say ( No. of Aircraft carried ) all you need to do is change the number from 12 to 20 or whatever you want.

Next click Save Record.

You may need to replace the Nimitz CVN in the games mission editor, ( i.e. delete the current one and place a new one) so that you get the new
amount of F-14 Tomcats.

Thank You for reading.

Last edited by Fleet Command CC; 10-17-09 at 04:29 PM.
Old 10-17-09, 04:19 PM   #6
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Number Five.

For example.

OR

OR

Next Left click View,

Next Left click Objects...

Now a window will pop-up called Object Records.

Note:

Look down the left hand side of the Object Records window you will see a lot of numbers and names.

For example,

0001. 53 cm Torpedo
0002. 65 cm Torpedo
0003. A 244 Torpedo

Go down the records and till you come to 0252:Sea Dart and double click on it. I'm only using the Sea Dart has a example.

Then right click on the Sea Dart, and then click Copy Record.

Now go down to the bottom of the records, and you will see a new Sea Dart, and double click on it.

Change the Sea Dart Name: to Sea Dart Test and also the Display Name: Sea Dart Test, then click Save Record.

Now your new record will be below the original Sea Dart.

You will notice that there is some red writing on the Object Record window, saying Object Lacks a required 3D Object.

Click the main Fleet Command DB editor window.

Next Left click View,

Next Left click 3D Objects...

Now a screen will pop-up called 3D Object Records.

For example,

0001. 53 cm Torpedo
0002. 65 cm Torpedo
0003. A 244 Torpedo

Go down the records and till you come to 0247:Sea Dart and double click on it.

Then right click on the Sea Dart, and then click Copy Record.

Now go down to the bottom of the records, and you will see a new Sea Dart, and double click on it.

Change the Sea Dart Name: to Sea Dart Test, then click Save Record and close that window.

Go back to the Object Records window.

Change the Max Speed: to 4001.

Change the Armour/Damage value: to 250

The above two changes are just for fun.

Where it say Mission Priorities:

Change the SUW: to 1 this will allow the new missile to target ships.

Then click the Object-Type Specific Fields tab.

Change the the Aircraft/Weapons Only Range: to 100000

Then click the Weapon Only Fields tab, change the Probability of correct detonation: from 70 to 100.

Check the boxes where it say.

Requires Targets Lock Before Firing.
Missile Type (Missiles Only) check SSM.
Possible targets check Surf this will make the missile attack surface ships.

Next click Save Record.

Now you will need to add this new missile to a ship. I'm using the Type 42 as example.

Click the main Fleet Command DB editor window.

Next Left click View,

Next Left click Launcher...

Now a screen will pop-up called Launcher Records.

Look down the left hand side of the Launcher Records window you will see a lot of numbers and names.

For example,

0001:
0002: LA SSN Mid-tubes P
0003: LA SSN Mid-tubes S
0004: LA SSNI Mid-tubes P

Go down the records and till you come to 0193:Type 42 Sea Dart and double click on it.

Where it say Ammo Type 1: change the missile to Sea Dart Test, you also could change the amount of (No. Rounds) too.

Next click Save Record.

Thank You for reading.

Last edited by Fleet Command CC; 10-17-09 at 04:30 PM.
Old 10-27-09, 11:33 PM   #7
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Excellent!
Old 11-17-09, 08:39 PM   #8
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens View Post
Excellent!
Hey Neal Stevens.

Thank you for making this thread a Sticky, I will add some more modding info to this thread soon.

Regards.

FCCC.

Old 11-19-09, 10:39 AM   #9
Sea Demon
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 33
Uploads: 0

Fleet Command CC,

You have been extremely helpful in my own understanding of what makes this game tick. And have helped me fix a glaring problem in the past. I am appreciative of your input.

One thing I can't figure out is how to make the ships "meaner". Where on Earth in the DB do you up the fire rate (number of missiles fired per salvo). It's hard to play against Slava's that fire a mere 2 missiles per salvo. I tried to up this in the DB editor but it had no effect. Unless I did something wrong or simply overlooked something. Is this a function of a doctrine file or something?
Sea Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-09, 11:19 PM   #10
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Demon View Post
Fleet Command CC,

You have been extremely helpful in my own understanding of what makes this game tick. And have helped me fix a glaring problem in the past. I am appreciative of your input.

One thing I can't figure out is how to make the ships "meaner". Where on Earth in the DB do you up the fire rate (number of missiles fired per salvo). It's hard to play against Slava's that fire a mere 2 missiles per salvo. I tried to up this in the DB editor but it had no effect. Unless I did something wrong or simply overlooked something. Is this a function of a doctrine file or something?
Hey Sea Demon.

Thanks man niceone, I'm glad these posts have been helpful.

That's easy to do but please answer the question below.

Can I ask are you modding Fleet Command with the NWP19.01 mod or without it?

Old 11-20-09, 09:07 PM   #11
Sea Demon
Ocean Warrior

Well, I actually have both installs. The one on my laptop has NWP 19.01, the one on my home desktop I don't have the mod.

I don't need help with the NWP version on my laptop as things seem right with the mod. The stock version is the one I'm having trouble with as ships just don't fire big enough salvos. And I haven't been able to find an adequate solution.
Old 11-21-09, 07:20 PM   #12
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Quote:
Well, I actually have both installs. The one on my laptop has NWP 19.01, the one on my home desktop I don't have the mod.

I don't need help with the NWP version on my laptop as things seem right with the mod. The stock version is the one I'm having trouble with as ships just don't fire big enough salvos. And I haven't been able to find an adequate solution.
Right ok the easiest way is to just select the weapon in the game and keep clicking on the target, but I guess you know that.

Here is how to mod it, open the Fleet Command.ini file with notepad go down the file and till you come to this part below

[Cheats]
.QuickAircraftLaunch Yes
.SubComms No
.ReplenishStations No
.SetEMCON Yes
.SurfAutoEngageAir No
.AirAutoEngageAir No
.SurfAutoIDAir No
.NoColdCat No
.SubCommsAlways No
.SpeedOrdersPersist No
.NoAircraftInterceptSpd No
.ForceWeaponShutdown No
.ShowAllSensors No
.SalvoLimit 2 change to 8 for example.
.SalvoSpecifiedWeapon No
.DoctrineDebugOn No
.DoCollisions Yes
.SlowForSolns 0
.SlowForLaunch 0
.DBPassword ""

then save and the close the file.

Next load FCDBEdit.exe find the 0058:Car Carrier and change the Amour\Damage valve to 4000.

Next click Save Record.

Load the game make a test mission with a Car Carrier and a Ticonderoga VLS CG, then load this mission and select the Tico VLS CG and attack the Car Carrier and your ship should fire around eight TASM SSM.

Note:

Now if you select the ship and then you select the weapon the Tico will only fire one missile, you will need to tell the ship you want to engage the target more than once.

If you was thinking why did he ask me to change the Amour\Damage valve from 10 to 4000, well a TASM as a Damage valve of 500 so the game will only fire one missile at that ship unless you keep telling the warship to engage with the TASM.

There is another way you can do it, by adding more launchers that's how Slava CG can fire two missiles, but doing this can get a bit messy.

Has I said at the top of this post, its easier to just select the weapon and tell the ship to engage the target once, twice, or three times and so on, I find you have got more control on the amount of missiles being use.

I hope I've explain it ok if not let me know.

Last edited by Fleet Command CC; 11-21-09 at 08:06 PM.
Old 11-22-09, 01:19 AM   #13
Sea Demon
Ocean Warrior

Hi Fleet Command CC. One question though. Does this also work for surface combatants I don't control? If I'm controlling an Arleigh Burke SAG, I want the computer AI slava's I'm playing against to increase their salvos against me as well.

I'll give this a try this weekend. And again, thanks.
Old 11-23-09, 02:51 AM   #14
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Quote:
Hi Fleet Command CC. One question though. Does this also work for surface combatants I don't control? If I'm controlling an Arleigh Burke SAG, I want the computer AI slava's I'm playing against to increase their salvos against me as well.

I'll give this a try this weekend. And again, thanks.
Yep it should do, well it did went I tested it before I posted, my other post.

Last edited by Fleet Command CC; 11-23-09 at 03:17 AM.
Old 04-05-12, 10:32 PM   #15
dillonkbase
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Default continued inability to launch Russian SSM

I continue to be unable to launch the Russian SSM from Salva and Sovremenny ships. I updated the database as described. I am running windows 7 without any other serious issues. Could there be another problem?
dillonkbase is offline   Reply With Quote