SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > Wolfpack
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-12-22, 08:25 PM   #1
MDL
Swabbie

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default Is fun for 2 players?

Is it possibile to play Wolfpack in 2?
And is fun?
MDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-22, 05:54 AM   #2
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 589
Uploads: 30

Hi MDL Wolfpack is Fun to play playing in single player mode you in your Uboat and your Friend in his Uboat using Bots to control other stations on the Uboat but you can jump in on those stations like dive station or helm station or hydraphone station ect.

Wolfpack Multicrewed with up to five human players thats also fun working together as a team picking up the convoy on hydraphones when not in visual contact of convoy.
Closing on the convoy getting into a firing position without being detected working out convoy speed course identifing ships so to ascertain target ships distance from your Uboat.
Theres no better feeling than firing your first four bow tubes at four different targets and 3-5 minuets later you hear four strikes on those ships.

Wolfpack is a easy game to get into and fun mastering all aspects of the simulation and is still under development and you pay a one time payment of £27.97 - $35 theres also a mission editor to make your own missions thats going to get updated with new patrol areas
blackswan40 is a Wolfpack Fanboy bought it a month after release and have now 1065 hours on Wolfpack.
blackswan40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-22, 08:57 AM   #3
MDL
Swabbie

Icon7

I was asking if is possible to manage the sub with only 2 people on board... and if it is a good experience
Old 03-13-22, 09:53 AM   #4
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 589
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDL View Post
I was asking if is possible to manage the sub with only 2 people on board... and if it is a good experience

Hi MDL you can Play on same Uboat with just you and a friend me and my Buddie Noken play regular me on dive and helm Noken on TDC also Hydrophones and Scope.
Yes its a very good experiance and when Koji's new ships are added and the engine room those updates will enhance Wolfpack even more Sir

Last edited by blackswan40; 03-13-22 at 10:05 AM.
blackswan40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-22, 04:22 PM   #5
Jonas Grumby
Watch

Downloads: 123

Quote:
Is it possibile to play Wolfpack in 2?
And is fun?
Yes you can. Very easy when using the Bot option.
Jonas Grumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-22, 01:40 AM   #6
Ulrich Kröpke
A-Ganger

Downloads: 532
Default Pause and save function

This game is good to play. But it has no Pause and Save function. Yesterday I got a telefon call and when I came back my boat was destroyed. I don´t understand the reason why the developers of this game don´t want to implement this function.
Ulrich Kröpke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-22, 06:12 AM   #7
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Raises the stakes.
Old 03-18-22, 11:30 AM   #8
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Icon9 /\Or no stake at all

Quote:
considering the mortality rate of U-boats in 2 losing World Wars in outdated offset warfare against a superior surface fleet with total air superiority...is being cloistered in one ever a "good experience"??!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-22, 09:51 PM   #9
MDL
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
considering the mortality rate of U-boats in 2 losing World Wars in outdated offset warfare against a superior surface fleet with total air superiority...is being cloistered in one ever a "good experience"??!
Touchè
Old 03-22-22, 05:43 AM   #10
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

Quote:
The first? Yes, even 1 if you know what you are doing. But I guess the level of focus might be detracting from fun.

Fun? We don't know your kind of fun. Therefore I think others have shown the details of the experience and you can make up your own mind if that fits you. If you want a hands-on-controls and crew cooperation experience, then yes that can be fun. 2 would work, you know your friend, you can have fun figuring everything out together. But with more people you share the workload, and you share knowledge (hopefully). With multiple boats you also have their actions throw you a curveball. Some like that, others don't. Missions are currently a bit one of the same, aside from containing random set ups from the basic mission editor. But no 2 missions ever happen the same way.
Old 05-05-22, 07:27 PM   #11
VonHoffman
Watch

Downloads: 6

I'd say hell yes it's fun!

Even crewing by yourself is a lot of fun. I just fire up in training mode and play around with the boat's systems, trying to improve my solo operation and diving/surfacing operations and maintaining depth.

With two of you, you need to start splitting duties. One guy needs to be on a scope giving target information and the other guy needs to be checking depth, trim, speed, heading, and the hydrophone when submerged, and dialing in firing parameters when attacking.

When on the surface or below the surface but not attacking, one of you can sit on the hydrophone listening for contacts and the other can maintain depth, speed and course.

I suggest you get familiar with all the station positions as well as how to navigate. The plotting table is not for fun but is a serious piece of equipment if you want to really be out at sea for several hours.

It requires some discipline to operate effectively, but once you get comfortable with the operation of the boat, it is quite an achievement to run an intercept and attack.
VonHoffman is offline   Reply With Quote