SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-28-20, 11:47 PM   #1
Skarmy
Mate

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0
Default Having issues with Wolves of Steel "British Coastal Waters" mission.

All of the ships I am encountering are the small coastal trawlers, destroyers, the small torpedo boats, or neutral merchants. Why can't I find any British merchant ships along the British eastern coast?

Another small issue I'm having is: the engineer isn't automatically recharging the batteries when on the surface, I have to manually tell him to set recharge mode each time.
Skarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 11:51 AM   #2
Captain Hammered
Seaman

Downloads: 18

Hello Skarmy!
Quote:
"All of the ships I am encountering are the small coastal trawlers, destroyers, the small torpedo boats, or neutral merchants. Why can't I find any British merchant ships along the British eastern coast?"
Yep - it can be a pain looking for things to sink. That's part of the pleasure and frustration of that mission lol - but you can increase your chances by hanging around the areas most likely to have English ships: ports. I generally set up about 40 mi. off shore of Grimsby and Dundee and just wait - they will show up eventually. Often in poorly organized convoys as well; which helps your kill count. Try it - it's not guaranteed, and it may take a few days but they will eventually show up.

Quote:
"Another small issue I'm having is: the engineer isn't automatically recharging the batteries when on the surface, I have to manually tell him to set recharge mode each time."
That's not a bug, it's a feature. Unless you tell Josef to charge batteries, your Chief will assume you want maximum power. You need to tell him to recharge...the lazy sod.

Cheers!
Captain Hammered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 11:54 AM   #3
O.Kusch
Sailor man

Downloads: 159

Hello Scarmy,
patience is what you need, With a quote from Dönitz: "endurance and tenacity are rewarded". I let the little coasters run, for that they not still chase the whole pack on my neck. I also avoid the destroyers if it is possible in any way and always observe the yellow radio messages and put the Radio Intercepts to a circle of 100 km ( miles? ).

Greetings from Uli

oops , some one was faster...
O.Kusch is offline   Reply With Quote