SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-02-20, 01:50 PM   #601
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default welcome aboard!

the beast!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-20, 02:33 PM   #602
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome to SubSim

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-20, 03:48 PM   #603
avrak
Der Alte

Downloads: 80
Icon10 Skipper Type

Hardcore all the way!

avrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-20, 04:33 PM   #604
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Default Welcome aboard!

avrak!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 02-10-20, 01:58 PM   #605
ChristopherTarana
中国水兵

Downloads: 190
gear

Hardcore Submarine Skipper!

Do I get a bag of peanuts on a doily-covered plate?

I'm still trying to figure out how the Request Transfer Command works in SHCE! I got relieved of command once by Comsubpac but when subs are maxxing out at 9kts and the targets 15kts!

Thanks!

Christopher Tarana

The Request A Transfer command allows you to switch from ComSubPac to ComSubsSouWest!

Last edited by ChristopherTarana; 02-11-20 at 07:26 PM.
ChristopherTarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-20, 02:21 PM   #606
StealthRabbit
Silent Captain

Downloads: 288

I got the...

HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER
No doubt about it, you are hardcore. You are the kind of subsim player who pins up the Kriegsmarine gridmap on your wall, you use a redlamp when playing at night, your wife lets you know her mother is visiting by shouting "Alarm!" and you didn't know--or care--that Silent Hunter III has a save game feature. You cut your teeth plotting attacks in Gato, sank 28,000 tons in your first Aces of the Deep patrol, and played Dangerous Waters at 100% realism. You scoff at wannabes who whine about some niggling detail in a subsim but use the red triangle-infested auto TDC and auto-map updates. You never, ever, use anything but full realism.
You are the "sim" in Subsim.

Funny

-StealthRabbit

Old 09-01-20, 12:33 AM   #607
Cajun Kaleun
Seaman

Downloads: 1

NUKE SUBSIM SKIPPER

Yeah that is pretty spot on. Getting back into Silent Hunter has definitely been tough getting use to a lot of barebones optics and gut checks on where to fire torpedoes.
Cajun Kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-20, 06:00 PM   #608
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

CASUAL SUBSIM SKIPPER
You fell in love with Aces of the Deep. Your playing style is relaxed, more for fun than historical accuracy. You always play Sub Command or Dangerous Waters from the NavMap (rightclick is your friend), if you ever ventured to play them at all. Probably you prefer WWII subsims like Silent Hunter 3, SH4 and Aces. You may try the manual TDC, but you prefer to leave the auto map contacts on, (blank maps scare you). Even though you know submarine skippers missed targets occasionally in real life, you cannot resist reloading a mission to take another shot at a 10,000-tonne troopship that got away. One ship, one torpedo, finished off with the deck gun--that's the creed you live by. Hold your head high--there's no shame in having fun.

UPDATE: This is pretty accurate, I guess the last test I did was inaccurate.
I do reload the game if I miss a shot or something. If I miss an important target, I chase them at high speed or reload the game.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-21, 06:27 PM   #609
jdkbph
Captain

Downloads: 104
Default HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER

Well, I don't know how my answers to those question got me there but...

No doubt about it, you are hardcore. You are the kind of subsim player who pins up the Kriegsmarine gridmap on your wall, you use a redlamp when playing at night, your wife lets you know her mother is visiting by shouting "Alarm!" and you didn't know--or care--that Silent Hunter III has a save game feature. You cut your teeth plotting attacks in Gato, sank 28,000 tons in your first Aces of the Deep patrol, and played Dangerous Waters at 100% realism. You scoff at wannabes who whine about some niggling detail in a subsim but use the red triangle-infested auto TDC and auto-map updates. You never, ever, use anything but full realism.

I guess that's right.

JD
jdkbph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-21, 08:46 PM   #610
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 429
Default HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER

What kind of subsim skipper are you?

HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPERNo doubt about it, you are hardcore. You are the kind of subsim player who pins up the Kriegsmarine gridmap on your wall, you use a redlamp when playing at night, your wife lets you know her mother is visiting by shouting "Alarm!" and you didn't know--or care--that Silent Hunter III has a save game feature. You cut your teeth plotting attacks in Gato, sank 28,000 tons in your first Aces of the Deep patrol, and played Dangerous Waters at 100% realism. You scoff at wannabes who whine about some niggling detail in a subsim but use the red triangle-infested auto TDC and auto-map updates. You never, ever, use anything but full realism.

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

FUBAR295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-21, 07:10 AM   #611
Torpex77
Helmsman

Downloads: 72
Default Really?

What kind of subsim skipper are you?

HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER

Old 04-04-21, 03:50 PM   #612
Alpheratz
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

You are the "sim" in Subsim cool quiz
Old 04-04-21, 03:59 PM   #613
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpheratz View Post
You are the "sin" in Subsim cool quiz
That'd B me BBY!

Old 04-04-21, 05:11 PM   #614
Alpheratz
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
That'd B me BBY!
The ship must leave in time
Old 04-04-21, 05:34 PM   #615
Alpheratz
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

[QUOTE=Aktungbby;2740535]That'd B me BBY!

I'm a "log sin" in Subsim