SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-06-22, 07:35 PM   #1
The Perry
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Type 21 and Frem Destroyers and others

Hi everyone. I have recently seen that both British and American's Fram II new 60's Vessels have been added. My question is are they playable can they be manually entered into missions or are they just AI models?

I tried manually via the summary to add them to the list of playable ships in missions and campaigns However without success and with many errors.

Who can help me?
The Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 03:56 AM   #2
SpeedyPC
Officer

Downloads: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perry View Post
Hi everyone. I have recently seen that both British and American's Fram II new 60's Vessels have been added. My question is are they playable can they be manually entered into missions or are they just AI models?

I tried manually via the summary to add them to the list of playable ships in missions and campaigns However without success and with many errors.

Who can help me?

First... The Type 21 is a sub? which is only available via Epic mod, to play the type 21, you must add the vessel in the campaign subfolder

for exmaple campaign001 is 1984, campaign002 is 1968 and campaign002 is 2000 and so on only in Epic mod, you must edit the summary.txt file to add the vessel you wanted to play.

You can't simply play the type 21 straight into the DotMod, because you have to collect all the available files that all goes with the Type 21 sub to allow the sub play to work.
SpeedyPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 11:53 AM   #3
NavyGuy570
Seaman

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyPC View Post
First... The Type 21 is a sub? which is only available via Epic mod, to play the type 21, you must add the vessel in the campaign subfolder

for exmaple campaign001 is 1984, campaign002 is 1968 and campaign002 is 2000 and so on only in Epic mod, you must edit the summary.txt file to add the vessel you wanted to play.

You can't simply play the type 21 straight into the DotMod, because you have to collect all the available files that all goes with the Type 21 sub to allow the sub play to work.
You actually think EpicMod made the Type 21 and FRAM II Gearing? DotMod made it months ago, and EpicMod stole it and refused to credit us.
NavyGuy570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 05:32 PM   #4
SpeedyPC
Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyGuy570 View Post
You actually think EpicMod made the Type 21 and FRAM II Gearing? DotMod made it months ago, and EpicMod stole it and refused to credit us.
I’m fully aware about EpicMod behaviour and stole a lot of things from DotMod without any respect, I’m just trying to help this guy out how add the type 21 sub into the summary file.

I have no idea about the FRAM II Gearing
Old 01-07-22, 06:15 PM   #5
NavyGuy570
Seaman

Quote:
I’m fully aware about EpicMod behaviour and stole a lot of things from DotMod without any respect, I’m just trying to help this guy out how add the type 21 sub into the summary file.

I have no idea about the FRAM II Gearing
My apologies, I am a obviously bit over-zealous on this issue. The way you worded your previous post makes it sound like you thought EpicMod made these models, when in fact they were made by Firebar for DotMod. Sorry.

To answer the original question though, yes you can make them playable with a couple of hours of work, but it's a long and ugly process.
Old 01-07-22, 07:15 PM   #6
SpeedyPC
Officer

Quote:
My apologies, I am a obviously bit over-zealous on this issue. The way you worded your previous post makes it sound like you thought EpicMod made these models, when in fact they were made by Firebar for DotMod. Sorry.

To answer the original question though, yes you can make them playable with a couple of hours of work, but it's a long and ugly process.
No hard feelings, besides, I can’t find the type 21 sub in the DotMod. I can only see it in the EpicMod. Could you please check on your end with the DotMod files. In case if the guy above needs help
Old 01-07-22, 07:50 PM   #7
NavyGuy570
Seaman

Quote:
No hard feelings, besides, I can’t find the type 21 sub in the DotMod. I can only see it in the EpicMod. Could you please check on your end with the DotMod files. In case if the guy above needs help
Well, the problem is it's not a sub - it's an ASW frigate. And I just checked, it's there, like it has been for months.
Old 01-07-22, 08:45 PM   #8
SpeedyPC
Officer

Quote:
Well, the problem is it's not a sub - it's an ASW frigate. And I just checked, it's there, like it has been for months.
Oooh! I thought he was referring to a Type 210 "Ula" class submarines, sorry, I wasn’t aware it’s an ASW frigate.

Tags
#coldwaters #problem