SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop > SH4 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-04-09, 02:05 PM   #46
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down View Post
excellent job of fixing this mission. It is one of the most interesting and creative missions I have played. I haven't sunk the Yamato yet, but I hit it with 5, count 'em, five torps. I nailed the Mogami though. I give this mission a . Thanks for repairing it.

One one mission attempt, the yamato sunk an american cruiser which sailed between our courses. I collided with it and had to reverse the engines to avoid sinking.

As for the same question that I asked, there was a over month's time between the questions. I gave up on the first attempt as the game kept crashing. On the recent attempt I was playing TMO 1.7 to 1.98 Beta, which was a new program. I had problems downloading but once it worked with your advice on copying the link, the mission worked flawlessly.
Glad you got it working, Here is an example of why sometimes if things don't go right you get some "php stuff". If you check the "page source" for this page here is an entry containing the link to the download.

<a href="http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&amp;id=1316&amp;act=down" target="_blank">

That is why I was asking about browser and how you were downloading, because you shouldn't see any of this.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-09, 04:08 PM   #47
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Uploads: 0
Default huh?

Not that it is important, but I did not understand you last post. I copied the link, and I was sent right back to your last post.

I live on ear (actually, under the ocean). You, sir, reside in another, more enlightened space that is known to earthlings as the computer universe.

(pssst. Thanks for helping me fix the rate of fire on my deck guns!)
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-09, 07:18 PM   #48
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Not that it is important, but I did not understand you last post. I copied the link, and I was sent right back to your last post.
he was telling you that some internet browsers will give you problems so its probably your browser blocking you and it has nothing to do with the actual download
Old 11-04-09, 07:52 PM   #49
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Default thanks

webster for president!!!
Old 11-04-09, 07:56 PM   #50
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:

I live on ear (actually, under the ocean). You, sir, reside in another, more enlightened space that is known to earthlings as the computer universe.

(pssst. Thanks for helping me fix the rate of fire on my deck guns!)
I was pointing out the part highlighted in yellow.
<a href="http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&amp;id=1316&amp;act=down" target="_blank">

The php references what file and what to do with it. That is why sometimes you get a php "thingy' that you don't understand. And the reason as Webste says, why sometimes knowing what you are using or what you are doing can explain the problems.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-09, 08:26 PM   #51
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Default THANKS

THANKS.