Closed Thread

Old 05-27-20, 02:22 PM   #9466
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

More about government than the virus itself:

Quote:
Implementing mandatory mask policies across a society of 300 million because it makes some people feel better is absurd on its face. But the policy makes a lot of sense if you understand its purpose and usefulness to shift the American mindset.
Mandatory masks are a critical predicate conditioning us to accept abuses of our liberty. Mandatory masking provides the foundation on which governments continue to justify emergency measures and rule by executive fiat, and it creates a national mood of consent that America will accept indefinite government expansion because we face a “new normal.”

https://thefederalist.com/2020/05/27...ocial-control/
Old 05-27-20, 08:19 PM   #9467
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

..which leaves out the Global Pandemic part.

I told you folks about face masks back when this all started, when you saw pictures of people in Asia wearing face masks- they were the ones who were contagious.

The mask doesn't make you a social outcast, it just tells the rest of the crowd that you have the crud and you don't want to spread it around.

Don't over-think this idea. Its mostly a nice form of social etiquette when you live in a high density population.
ET2SN is online  
Old 05-27-20, 08:55 PM   #9468
August
Wayfaring Stranger

It's good to see that some judges get it.

Quote:
(Note: The following is an excerpt from Judge McHaney's recent ruling in the case of Mainer vs. Pritzker, a lawsuit brought by an Illinois small business owner against the Governor's stay-at-home order.)

Our economy is shut down because of a flu virus with a 98 percent plus survival rate. Doctors and experts say different things weekly. The defendant cites models in his opposition. The only thing experts will agree on is that all models are wrong and some are useful. The Centers for Disease Control now says the virus is not easily spread on surfaces.
The defendant in this case orders you to stay home and pronounces that, if you leave the state, you are putting people in danger, but his family members traveled to Florida and Wisconsin because he deems such travel essential. One initial rationale why the rules don't apply to him is that his family farm had animals that needed fed. Try selling that argument to farmers who have had to slaughter their herds because of disruption in the supply chain.

When laws do not apply to those who make them, people are not being governed, they are being ruled.
Make no mistake, these executive orders are not laws. They are royal decrees. Illinois citizens are not being governed, they are being ruled. The last time I checked Illinois citizens are also Americans and Americans don't get ruled. The last time a monarch tried to rule Americans, a shot was fired that was heard around the world. That day led to the birth of a nation consensually governed based upon a document which ensures that on this day in this, any American courtroom tyrannical despotism will always lose and liberty, freedom and the constitution will always win.
Old 05-28-20, 01:41 AM   #9469
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

So Twitter adds a fact check to Trump's messages, Trump says it limits free speech, and now he wants to shut down social media.

After Twitter fact-check, Trump threatens to regulate or close down social media platforms.
https://techcrunch.com/2020/05/27/af...dia-platforms/

Trump Threatens To Shut Down Social Media After Twitter Adds Warning To His Tweets.
https://www.northcountrypublicradio....-to-his-tweets

But Freeeeedom, i am shocked, SHOCKED I tell you
But then i am all for that, i could live well without the asocial media
Could Trump?

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 05-28-20, 02:48 AM   #9470
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
It's good to see that some judges get it.
And everyone can find what they want to hear listening on the fringes.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 05-28-20, 10:08 AM   #9471
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52775216

Seems to be a fair criticism.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 05-28-20, 05:11 PM   #9472
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Of course you'd say that, but you also probably think that the FBI didn't railroad General Flynn. Personally I see it as a biased piece of crap.

For example I didn't notice much criticism of Saint Cuomo ordering rest homes to take covid patients or Nancys invitation to come hang out in China town or the many other instances of Dems doing exactly what they accuse Trump of doing.

"That’s what we’re trying to do today is to say everything is fine here. Come because precautions have been taken. The city is on top of the situation." - Nancy Pelosi on Feb 24th telling people worried about possible infestion to come to San Francisco.
Old 05-28-20, 05:51 PM   #9473
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I do not know how your vote by mail works.

Vote by mail in Denmark can only be done in one of our many public places
These vote by mail is then picked up by some type of courier(if I remember correctly) and not the ordinary postman since those vote is considered secret. And some other things. Such as they have been put in a box with a locker on and only the receiver have the key
It is therefor very unlikely they could be stolen or altered with.

How is the procedure in USA.

What happens after an American have used this option vote by mail.

Reason to why I ask Is if Trump is correct in what he have stated on Twitter

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 05-28-20, 06:50 PM   #9474
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I do not know how your vote by mail works.

Vote by mail in Denmark can only be done in one of our many public places
These vote by mail is then picked up by some type of courier(if I remember correctly) and not the ordinary postman since those vote is considered secret. And some other things. Such as they have been put in a box with a locker on and only the receiver have the key
It is therefor very unlikely they could be stolen or altered with.

How is the procedure in USA.

What happens after an American have used this option vote by mail.

Reason to why I ask Is if Trump is correct in what he have stated on Twitter

Markus
Well except for the mail part the "many public places" that you mention sounds a lot like our regular polling stations. The way they work here is when you arrive you identify yourself to the poll worker who checks you off the list of eligible voters. They hand you a blank voting ballot which you take into one of the booths and fill it out with your choices. Once you are done you put the completed ballot into the locked ballot box and they check you off as having done so. Nobody can see who you voted for. Campaign workers are not allowed on the premises. They can literally pay you for your vote, even drive you to the polls in a bus but they have no way of telling just how you voted.

The vote by mail they are talking about here is the exact opposite. They will mail a ballot to you at home or party HQ or wherever you have listed as your mailing address. Assuming it arrives on time or at all you fill it out, possibly with a party representative looking over your shoulder or maybe even filling it out for you, and then you (or somebody) drops it in any regular US Post Office mail box. See the potential problem with this setup?
Old 05-28-20, 07:45 PM   #9475
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

I vote by mail, have done so for 20+ years. I get a mail in ballot about 30 days prior to the election. I have a whole month to research the issues and check out the candidates. 3 or 4 days before the election I sit down and fill out the ballot, I sign and seal it. It then sits on my desk until election day when I or my wife will take it down to our designated polling place and drop it off. I could mail it in or drop it at the county recorder's office early, but then it might get lost or misplaced.
Old 05-29-20, 11:04 AM   #9476
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Well except for the mail part the "many public places" that you mention sounds a lot like our regular polling stations. The way they work here is when you arrive you identify yourself to the poll worker who checks you off the list of eligible voters. They hand you a blank voting ballot which you take into one of the booths and fill it out with your choices. Once you are done you put the completed ballot into the locked ballot box and they check you off as having done so. Nobody can see who you voted for. Campaign workers are not allowed on the premises. They can literally pay you for your vote, even drive you to the polls in a bus but they have no way of telling just how you voted.

The vote by mail they are talking about here is the exact opposite. They will mail a ballot to you at home or party HQ or wherever you have listed as your mailing address. Assuming it arrives on time or at all you fill it out, possibly with a party representative looking over your shoulder or maybe even filling it out for you, and then you (or somebody) drops it in any regular US Post Office mail box. See the potential problem with this setup?
Thank you August for your reply.

Well then Trump could be right.

Some more information about voting by mail in Denmark

A Danish citizen can vote by mail in the following places:
1. The population registers and citizen services in all municipalities
2. In hospitals
3. In nursing homes, sheltered housing and in elderly homes
4. In prisons, detention centers, etc.
5. In one's own home if you cannot leave your home due to illness
6. On remote islands
7. Abroad

As you can see in point 5, only a person who are ill can vote from home and here this person need two witness-Two person s/he doesn't know.

And this box with all these ballot is send by courier

A vote by mail in Denmark is not the same as the ordinary election day.
On this day there will be thousands of polling stations around the country.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 05-29-20, 02:00 PM   #9477
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Thank you August for your reply.

Well then Trump could be right.

Some more information about voting by mail in Denmark

A Danish citizen can vote by mail in the following places:
1. The population registers and citizen services in all municipalities
2. In hospitals
3. In nursing homes, sheltered housing and in elderly homes
4. In prisons, detention centers, etc.
5. In one's own home if you cannot leave your home due to illness
6. On remote islands
7. Abroad

As you can see in point 5, only a person who are ill can vote from home and here this person need two witness-Two person s/he doesn't know.

And this box with all these ballot is send by courier

A vote by mail in Denmark is not the same as the ordinary election day.
On this day there will be thousands of polling stations around the country.

Markus

That sounds like a pretty good system Markus.
Old 05-29-20, 02:58 PM   #9478
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Trump just plays the distraction game currently, may it be HongKong, may it be Twitter, may it be email voting. All that is not really his cause, its a classical distraction manouver only. He has gotten wonderful - superficially seen - economy numbers being vaporised by Corona and replaced with the worst still unfolding economic recession ever, exploding unemployment, gallopping money devaluation - and thus now must seriously fear to lose elections. The main - since it is the only - project of this administration is in danger, and this project is: TRUMP.
Old 05-29-20, 03:05 PM   #9479
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Trump just plays the distraction game currently, may it be HongKong, may it be Twitter, may it be email voting. All that is not really his cause, its a classical distraction manouver only. He has gotten wonderful - superficially seen - economy numbers being vaporised by Corona and replaced with the worst still unfolding economic recession ever, exploding unemployment, gallopping money devaluation - and thus now must seriously fear to lose elections. The main - since it is the only - project of this administration is in danger, and this project is: TRUMP.

All I can say is
Old 05-29-20, 03:30 PM   #9480
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

I wonder what percentage of voters were Republicans who Cuomo permanently disenfranchised by sending covid-19 into the nursing homes? I wonder if that occurred to him during his decision making process? Cuomo's either a dumb @ss, or he's ruthless.

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter