SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-10-23, 12:26 PM   #1
pkpowers
Swabbie

Downloads: 143
Uploads: 0
Support just started op monsun

I download off the dark waters topic, it shows I have operation monsun dark waters V 5 , is this correct or do I need an update?. It is running well with no CTD , but I cant speed up time above 100x , all language is in german, andd I had an odd incident. On a 1941 campaign, headed toward gilbraltor, I did a test crash dive, then I ordered sub to dive deeper, to 220m , then sub would not respond to surface or periscope depth command, I was able to use emergency blow ballast to return to surface. Thanks for any help, I am just reuturning to sh4 after reading about this great mod
pkpowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-23, 12:46 PM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

The Dark Waters display might say v5, but it is v6. There are a few "patches" that folks have made, but nothing major. Perhaps those folks will stop by later and point you at what they have done.

In the meantime, one of the seemingly strange things about the game, is that it runs off of the information in the Save folder, which defaults to "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH". If you play the game, and then add or subtract a mod, dependent upon what is edited by the mod you sometimes have to empty the contents of that Save folder to kick the game into updating the data it uses to run. You can either delete that whole SH4 folder in Documents, or just the cfg folder below that SH4 folder. Do NOT delete the game folder, just the folder.in Documents.

Also, Windows has a nasty habit since the Vista version, of protecting the Program Files folders from 'user intervention', which includes not only you, but Silent Hunter games and JSGME. If you are in C:\Program Files (x86) \Ubisoft \Silent Hunter..." or similar, such as "C:\Program Files (x86) \Steam \SteamApps \common \Silent Hunter...", then you will have to change your installation location to a folder you create yourself outside of the Program Files folders, such as "C:\Games" or whatever you want. See Moving a Steam Installation and Games for their methodology. Depending upon your Windows and upon Steam, you might be able to copy the whole SH4 game folder, and then paste that into the folder you created yourself. You would then have to start it from the SH4.exe file in that folder, and/or create yourself a short-cut to it.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-23, 11:28 PM   #3
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default Welcome back!

pkpowers! back on the surface after a 14 year 'silent run'!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote