SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-23-10, 03:20 PM   #1
Fercyful
Medic

Downloads: 97
Uploads: 0
[REL] SH5 Voice Commands for XP (shoot profile)

Hi there!

I always use a nice utility called SHOOT for have voice recognition with my games under XP and now I prepare a profile for SH5.

You can download SHOOT + required files here

note: the more you "train" the "API 5.1-compatible speech recognition engine" the recognition will be better. Here I just train it once and all is going almost perfect!

I use SHOOT 1.6.4 under XP SP3 If that version didn´t load the profile for you try 1.6.3 instead... (thanks Thresher for the tip!)

My profile is compatible and intended to work with "Stormy`s DBSM collection SH5" MOD

(You can use it without that MOD enabled but you will have to change many of the keys used by the profile. easy XML Editing...)

DOWNLOAD PROFILE

(is compatible with spanish keyboard but I think the only thing you will have to edit using english keyboards is the rudder settings. For that open the XML with notepad and search for the keys you want to change, even you can change the "phrase" you want to say for an specific option )

So load Shoot , load the profile under shoot, load the game and for activate the speech recognition while playing press " * " in the numpad while you speak to the microphone.... (you can also configure that key at the profle)

you can print the command table for easy learning, just select FILE > EXPORT under shoot and you can have a .html with the table of voice commands...

hope you will enjoy this!

Last edited by Fercyful; 03-25-10 at 05:53 PM.
Fercyful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 05:02 PM   #2
Ringy
Sailor man

Downloads: 177

I seem to be getrting a load of errors when I try and load your profile for SHV any ideas where I may be going wrong ?

Ringy.
Ringy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 08:55 PM   #3
Fercyful
Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringy View Post
I seem to be getrting a load of errors when I try and load your profile for SHV any ideas where I may be going wrong ?

Ringy.
I just try the mediafire link and is working fine but I upload it to other mirror so you can try...

Download Mirror

please report back
Old 03-24-10, 04:29 AM   #4
Ringy
Sailor man

I've installed everything as you suggested I can open the Shoot program then when I attempt to open your profile I get the following:

" An unexpected error occured Full error message.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at shoot.cfg,Configuration.Load(string filename)
at shoot.MainForm.loadprofile(string file)
at shoot.Mainform.openDialog_fileok(object sender , CancelEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.File.Filedialog.OnFileOk( Object,sender,CancelEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Filedialog..DoFileOk(InPtr lpOFN )"

The above errors occur when I try and load in your profile tho it's likely something silly I've missed but I did install everything as directed.
Help me

Edit: there are other profiles there that give the same error message so it must be something I'm doing wrong any ideas ?

Ringy.
Old 03-24-10, 10:42 AM   #5
Thresher
Sparky

Downloads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringy View Post
. . . there are other profiles there that give the same error message so it must be something I'm doing wrong any ideas ?

Ringy.
Version 1.64 is having issues. Try 1.63. Also, the in-program documentation for the xml stuff is nil. You'll find the docs link on the left of the download page.
Thresher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-10, 11:12 AM   #6
Ringy
Sailor man

Excellent 1.6.3 is loading your profile without any problems now I'm off to have some fun

Thank you.

Ringy.
Old 03-24-10, 11:39 AM   #7
Fercyful
Medic

Quote:
Excellent 1.6.3 is loading your profile without any problems now I'm off to have some fun

Thank you.

Ringy.
great news! thanks Ringy for try it , enjoy

Quote:
Version 1.64 is having issues. Try 1.63. Also, the in-program documentation for the xml stuff is nil. You'll find the docs link on the left of the download page.
thanks for the advice Thresher

strange that I´m using 1.6.4 here but well if 1.6.3 works
Old 03-24-10, 11:47 AM   #8
Thresher
Sparky

Downloads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fercyful View Post
. . . strange that I´m using 1.6.4 here but well if 1.6.3 works
I'm running SP3 as you, but was getting the same results as Ringy. I suspect Ringy and I have something askew with our .Net Framework install or service packs.
Thresher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-10, 12:52 PM   #9
Ringy
Sailor man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thresher View Post
I'm running SP3 as you, but was getting the same results as Ringy. I suspect Ringy and I have something askew with our .Net Framework install or service packs.
I am indeed running SP3 tho it seems I have .net 1.1 + .net 2 for SP2
.net 3 for SP2 AND .net 3.5 SP1 hope this helps and thanks for the tip on Shoot 1.63

Cheers mate,

Ringy.
Old 04-09-10, 04:06 AM   #10
Captain Wolfe
Watch

Downloads: 17

So I gave this program a try. Had to do training like 3 times to get it to work right. And it worked fine about 95% of the time. But recently it has taken to malfunctioning mid play.

Nothing changes in my mic setup or anything. But mid play it just starts going nuts. Like “Ahead Slow” is recognized by the program as anything from the “Radio” command to “Down Periscope” or “Weather Report” or anything else it decides.

I can't figure out what is going on or how to get it to work and any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Captain Wolfe
Captain Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-10, 09:53 AM   #11
Fercyful
Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wolfe View Post
So I gave this program a try. Had to do training like 3 times to get it to work right. And it worked fine about 95% of the time. But recently it has taken to malfunctioning mid play.

Nothing changes in my mic setup or anything. But mid play it just starts going nuts. Like “Ahead Slow” is recognized by the program as anything from the “Radio” command to “Down Periscope” or “Weather Report” or anything else it decides.

I can't figure out what is going on or how to get it to work and any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Captain Wolfe
maybe is the CPU that overloads in game and the recognition start to fails... I mean when there is a lot of action on screen. And when you test it outside game is all fine? I mean talk in the shoot screen to check if recognize each sentence there before starting game... also you can try changing the conflictive word to other one. Sometimes the words are similar, you can edit the XML and find "Ahead Slow" and change for example "Slow" then try if is better inside game. Also you can delete your trained profile and just train again other one. I just train it once here and is going fine. Good luck and thanks for try it !
Old 04-09-10, 09:53 PM   #12
Captain Wolfe
Watch

Downloads: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fercyful View Post
maybe is the CPU that overloads in game and the recognition start to fails... I mean when there is a lot of action on screen. And when you test it outside game is all fine? I mean talk in the shoot screen to check if recognize each sentence there before starting game... also you can try changing the conflictive word to other one. Sometimes the words are similar, you can edit the XML and find "Ahead Slow" and change for example "Slow" then try if is better inside game. Also you can delete your trained profile and just train again other one. I just train it once here and is going fine. Good luck and thanks for try it !
It works fine out of game before I use it in the game. Maybe our definition of lots of action is different but I was merely topside shooting at a ship with the deck gun at maybe 500m, mild seas, when it started malfunctioning.

You are correct, the main problem that it was having (before it got even worse) was it was doing the "Head to View" command and changing course when I would say Ahead Two Thirds. At the start, all other "Ahead..." speed commands were recognized but then it degraded and I gave up on it last night.
Captain Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote