SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > UBOAT
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-19-19, 07:44 PM   #1
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1755
Uploads: 0
Default Graphics issue

I just bought the game off steam a few hours ago. My frame rates have tanked and when I enter the sub the game CTD. Any help would be appreciated. I have never had problems with any games graphics. I play war thunder with the graphics almost maxed out. I have played around with the settings in game and can't get it to work.

Last edited by J0313; 06-19-19 at 08:52 PM.
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-19, 10:38 PM   #2
Sub187
Watch

Downloads: 10

1)Have you tried updating your drivers?

2)Have you switched the PC on and off?

3)Press the Windows button and type "dxdiag", save the info and post it here in a spoiler tag, that way I can take a look at your system specs

4)What exact steps have you undertaken to remedy the issue?

5) What settings have you tried in-game?

6) Check if the game is using your integrated graphics or your video card. To check this (if you have an Nvidia card) is to right-click desktop, select "Nvidia Configuration Screen" and then click on "Program Settings". check if the Nvidia card is selected for UBOAT, and if so, if the settings of the card are correct.

7) The Steam forums are the best way to get feedback on this issue, since the developers are quite active there, and not here. Have you tried the suggestions given by devs and players in these posts?: https://steamcommunity.com/app/49484...4284167463170/
https://steamcommunity.com/app/49484...4284168053203/

8) Trying switching build, do so by right-clicking the game in the Steam program, go to "properties" -> "beta's" and from the drop-down menu, try "b120" and "unstable"

9) In each build, you can force the engine to a different API. For that, right-click the game in steam, "properties", and "set launch option" to one of the following:

Code:
-force-opengl
-force-glcore
-force-gles
-force-d3d9
-force-d3d11

In any case, it is a good idea to post your output log in the Steam threads I posted above, so the devs are aware of the problem, and if one on the above solved your issues, to post it as well so other users are aware of a possible solution.

Happy hunting!
Sub187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-19, 12:10 AM   #3
clayton
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 179

I've noticed my graphics are choppy with the unstable build.
Old 06-20-19, 01:19 AM   #4
J0313
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub187 View Post
1)Have you tried updating your drivers?

2)Have you switched the PC on and off?

3)Press the Windows button and type "dxdiag", save the info and post it here in a spoiler tag, that way I can take a look at your system specs

4)What exact steps have you undertaken to remedy the issue?

5) What settings have you tried in-game?

6) Check if the game is using your integrated graphics or your video card. To check this (if you have an Nvidia card) is to right-click desktop, select "Nvidia Configuration Screen" and then click on "Program Settings". check if the Nvidia card is selected for UBOAT, and if so, if the settings of the card are correct.

7) The Steam forums are the best way to get feedback on this issue, since the developers are quite active there, and not here. Have you tried the suggestions given by devs and players in these posts?: https://steamcommunity.com/app/49484...4284167463170/
https://steamcommunity.com/app/49484...4284168053203/

8) Trying switching build, do so by right-clicking the game in the Steam program, go to "properties" -> "beta's" and from the drop-down menu, try "b120" and "unstable"

9) In each build, you can force the engine to a different API. For that, right-click the game in steam, "properties", and "set launch option" to one of the following:

Code:
-force-opengl
-force-glcore
-force-gles
-force-d3d9
-force-d3d11
In any case, it is a good idea to post your output log in the Steam threads I posted above, so the devs are aware of the problem, and if one on the above solved your issues, to post it as well so other users are aware of a possible solution.

Happy hunting!
It's late right now but I will check everything on your list in the morning. Good night all and thanks for the replies.
Old 06-21-19, 06:05 AM   #5
J0313
Grey Wolf

Default Solved.

It was a driver issue. Everything works good now. Thanks for the help Gent's.