SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-06-08, 05:02 AM   #151
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

WOW!!

That was pretty awesome Mikhayl! That would have been insane with 6-8 S-boots attacking!

It's quite a difference: 40 knots versus creeping up at 2 submerged!:rotfl:

One thing I noticed is that the flak guns aren't much use at sinking anything. I can clear decks of turrets and gun mounts, and explode exposed cargo and the like, but the ships don't seem sinkable with flak hits. That's understandable, I think, with big guys like C3 and T3s. But hitting a flower corvette with over 100 rounds at a range of 100 - 300 meters . . . ummm . . . especially considering how easily the elco boats seem able to sink our U-boats.

Do you think anything should be done about that? Maybe increase the damage the rounds do? Or just leave things as they are?
Old 02-06-08, 06:55 AM   #152
Urbijan
Watch

Downloads: 62
Uploads: 0
Great, Super, incredible

Great Thanks Mikhay,

...that is the best Mod for SH3 ever seen, because I got a lot of fun. Now PLEASE a whole Fleet of all Warships...so will you be busy a Lifetime and we will be happy...
Really, thats such a great thing this mod, I love it.

I installed without Probs with JSGME, running with GWX 2.0 and a Commanderpack of the Aces of the Deep, it caused NO Problems. IT' works fine and I would like to know, how I can reach a DD and sink them...thats really hardly to do:rotfl:
Old 02-06-08, 07:15 AM   #153
Kaleu. Jochen Mohr
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 47

in a MP game i managed to get up to 100m of a DD (fired a torp at 500m) and then swift by him without getting hit, eventualy he did got hit by the torpedo

Kaleu. Jochen Mohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-08, 07:17 AM   #154
gimpy117
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 108

im still waiting on the update on the beta that was announced...
gimpy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-08, 09:56 AM   #155
NiKuTa
Ensign

Downloads: 138

Greeat mod. I hope that soon we have a campaing .
I have one question. Could you do that AA guns on S-boat can shoot to the enemy ships and to the aircraft as well ??
NiKuTa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-08, 11:34 AM   #156
USS Sea Tiger
XO

Downloads: 52
Default Can I make a small suggestion for accuracy??

I found my goof on why I could not shoot the guns, DUhhhh stupid me.

The lookouts are not in the correct position,
there were two, one faced forward on the port platform just behind the bridge,, the other faced aft and stood on the port platform behind the bridge.

OK being a stuffy purest ,, sorry,

but on a note,, THIS is so fun and is a whole new game,, no longer slowly sneaking up,, now it is a pure rush!!!! get in, attack , plan by the seat of your pants, and

CHARGE!!!!!
USS Sea Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-08, 12:50 PM   #157
Axlwolf
Navy Dude

Downloads: 23

I've found this site:
http://www.prinzeugen.com/SBOATIND.htm
Seems to have some good information
hope it could help you mikhayl

I've found some reference in Wikipedia too
Axlwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-08, 01:29 PM   #158
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Sea Tiger
I found my goof on why I could not shoot the guns, DUhhhh stupid me.

The lookouts are not in the correct position,
there were two, one faced forward on the port platform just behind the bridge,, the other faced aft and stood on the port platform behind the bridge.

OK being a stuffy purest ,, sorry,

but on a note,, THIS is so fun and is a whole new game,, no longer slowly sneaking up,, now it is a pure rush!!!! get in, attack , plan by the seat of your pants, and

CHARGE!!!!!
I don't understand that. I go to crew management and click on the flak station. When I do, my single flak-qualified PO jumps there, leaving three openings remaining. I then fill those three slots with the former seamen lookouts so that all four spots of the flak stations are filled. When I do that, all three flak guns are then manned and functional.
Old 02-06-08, 01:38 PM   #159
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhayl
Also the thread you started about the WO solutions made me think that if I shorten badly the "jawohl herr kaleun, rudder drei vier steuerbord" this will help steer the boat with more precision :hmm:
Ummm, yeah . . . that'd be a big help! ::grins:: There's about a 3 - 5 second delay between issuing an order and having it carried out. That's not terribly noticible when driving a U-boat, but when you're wave-hopping at 40 knots boy oh boy does that delay seem like forever! Especially when you're barrelling right towards a tanker and fire a torpedo at 400 meters and go hard to port . . . and it takes forever! ::grins:: to have that order acknowledged and carried out!

I'm going to make a seperate GWX install for MP; I've been planning on doing that anyway, and now seems a good time ::grins:: Maybe we can try this again there and see what that's like and check how this runs.
Old 02-06-08, 02:38 PM   #160
coronas
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 39

Amazing work, Mikhayl. It's NGYM 2.6 compatible.
coronas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-08, 02:39 PM   #161
miner1436
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 3

Quote:
@Miner : do you mean you have texture problem in game ? If so can you post a screenshot ?

About textures I noticed that while the boat reflects properly on water, the lights have no effect on the hull, I didn't notice so far but exiting from the illuminated pens of Kiel at night makes it obvious and kinda odd. Not the best shot to show it but it should do :

@Albrecht, thanks, I didn't notice that one when testing, should be a 10-seconds fix :hmm:

About the boat, I think I finally got rid of a self enabled bug ( ) with the damage model (not present in the first beta). Also night helped me to figure a way to add the waving flag. I'll give it a try now, could be a nice eye-candy touch despite the current model. Also I'll see to add the emblem thingy that I had overlooked in first place (also should be straight forward).
And hopefully some other neat stuff coming soon :hmm:

PS : I hope that no fool mistake will keep me out of multiplayer for testing tonight

Cheers
No, what I want to do is repaint the hull and decks.
miner1436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-08, 03:00 PM   #162
miner1436
Grey Wolf

When I loaded it in the .DAT it said "import failed: wrong color depth (24 bits)"
Old 02-06-08, 03:16 PM   #163
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

I just saw this.

You do realize I'm quite a big fan of S-boot tactics.

getting. VERY quicky.

(I don't know why I missed news of this in the last couple of days, anyway)

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-08, 03:22 PM   #164
miner1436
Grey Wolf

Quote:
that sounds weird, and I don't have a clue of how to change the color depth of an image Anyway, I didn't have any problem when I imported it in the .dat. What program did you use ? I used both pack3d or silent editor and it worked fine.
You can also try with the "stock" GWX texture, they are in sh3/data/sea/npt_ge/. The hull textures are in the folder and the deck texture is in the .dat.
Sorry I have no other idea
I am using DatTexExtract by Ubisoft.
Old 02-06-08, 03:32 PM   #165
Gewehr98
Mate

Downloads: 2

Here's a S-100 picture that would be up to par I think, I'll post it in .tga and .jpg.

http://download202.mediafire.com/bjt...uh3c/S-100.tga

Enjoy!
Gewehr98 is offline   Reply With Quote