SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: Poll closed
option 0 0%
option 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-28-15, 02:57 PM   #346
Meridian
Frogman

Downloads: 625
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webster View Post
im pretty sure those are for the earlier versions, not v401

v401 is the 4th file from the top.

But there were quite a few other versions there too.

AORUS Z390 Ultra, Intel Core i5 8600K, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4096mb, 64.0GB Dual-Channel DDR4, Soundblaster Z.
Meridian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-15, 03:52 PM   #347
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Downloaded! Thank you Webster.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-15, 06:46 PM   #348
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Downloaded! Thank you Webster.
always glad to help when I can

I had the older early versions of TM and RFB mods and a bunch of old v1.2 and v1.3 mods on disk but the disk went bad so I lost it all
Old 08-11-15, 01:31 PM   #349
Haukka81
Medic

Downloads: 368

After short TMO play im back to my favorite mod -> GFO +RSRD etc..

Should there be red lines in Rec Manual to tell where to put stadimeter ??

GFO 1.1 comes with scaf , i cant see any marks in rec manual and im bit unsure where to aim to get best range.

Here is my mod list:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[E:\SilentHunter4\MODS]

Game Fixes Only Mod v1.1
Webster's S-Class Mod
New Orders Bar Menu
#1 Real Environment mod install
GFO Patch for Real Env
RSRDC_SH15_V400
RSRDC_V4XX_Patch1
GFO Patch for RSRDC
MaxOptics IV for GFO 1.1
Pacific Sound Mod
TMOPlot Final

Thank you webster for this awesome mod, maybe you could return to it someday (some more nice and balanced fixes for us noobs )
Haukka81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-15, 02:00 PM   #350
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I just cant seam to find time for modding anymore

I want badly to update it plus add the other fixes added for the game since this mod was last updated but I just don't have the time.

as to the lines, try deleting jsgme MODS folder then replace the mods and see if that fixes it, if not you may need a reinstall. sometimes with really large mods jsgme cant undo everything that was changed and you get corrupted files
Old 08-11-15, 03:14 PM   #351
Haukka81
Medic

Downloads: 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webster View Post
I just cant seam to find time for modding anymore

I want badly to update it plus add the other fixes added for the game since this mod was last updated but I just don't have the time.

as to the lines, try deleting jsgme MODS folder then replace the mods and see if that fixes it, if not you may need a reinstall. sometimes with really large mods jsgme cant undo everything that was changed and you get corrupted files
Thanks and no problem. Me and my wife get our first child 10 month ago , so i understand very well how valuable free time is

I have about 1 or 2 nights in week when to play couple hours
Haukka81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-15, 03:04 PM   #352
Griphos
Watch

Downloads: 93

Old time SH1 and SH3 player about to dive into SH4 and SH5. I'm deciding between the GFO mod(s) and the TMO w/ TW mod. If I understand correctly, I can start with the GFO mods, and then deactivate them and start a new campaign with TWO later, if I'd like, but activating it.

But I have a few questions. Here's my mod list:

Obviously, I won't activate TMO, but I don't know what order to activate the rest. Couldn't find anything about this.

Finally, when should I install these? I haven't even started SH4 up yet, I don't think. I have the Steam version with the addon pack, so I should be 1.5, right? Should/Can I start the game and do tutorials and then add the mods? Should I start a campaign and exit first?

Thanks for any help. I've been reading the forums for several days, but still have these questions.

Last edited by Griphos; 12-06-15 at 05:17 PM.
Griphos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-15, 07:54 PM   #353
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griphos View Post
Old time SH1 and SH3 player about to dive into SH4 and SH5. I'm deciding between the GFO mod(s) and the TMO w/ TW mod. If I understand correctly, I can start with the GFO mods, and then deactivate them and start a new campaign with TWO later, if I'd like, but activating it.
True
Quote:
But I have a few questions. Here's my mod list:

Obviously, I won't activate TMO, but I don't know what order to activate the rest. Couldn't find anything about this.

Finally, when should I install these? I haven't even started SH4 up yet, I don't think. I have the Steam version with the addon pack, so I should be 1.5, right? Should/Can I start the game and do tutorials and then add the mods? Should I start a campaign and exit first?
You're lucky, I remember SH4 in the beginning not knowing what to do. I started up SH4 immediately and played Stock. Nowadays you can pick a megamod.

Generally it's activate the main mod first, then add the larger shipping, optic, and environment mods, then the smaller mods, and avoid conflicts like overwriting a significant file that the main mod (or any mod) needs.

Hope for a Readme that says what mods are compatible. Look at other players mod lists if they list them, read the forums.

Later try to learn the S3D Tool so you can merge two incompatible mods that you like into one mod tailor made for you where everything that you like works.

Fun. After trying out Stock for a few patrols, or just start the game to see if and how it works, activate Websters GFO first, then the smaller mods that are compatible with GFO.

Later on don't forget looking at mods like the environment mods, 'Optical Targeting Correction', RFB, ..... maybe 'Improved Ship Physics' or RSRD someday, and so on.

Some people put RSRD on everything but you don't need to, RSRD changes the game so completely it is its own megamod.

Happy Hunting!
Protect each one we ask of thee.
Bless those at home who wait and pray,
For their return by night and day."

aanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-15, 08:06 PM   #354
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3214

Here a working list with GFO 1.1:

[E:\SH4\MODS]

Game Fixes Only Mod v1.1
New Orders Bar Menu
Remove grain effect
Snarf_WoodModel
TMO19_interior3d_SCLASS_overhaul
TMO19_interior3d_SALMON_overhaul
TMO19_interior3d_PORPOISE_overhaul
TMO19_interior3d_GATO_overhaul
TMO_interior3d_BALAO_overhaul
#4 Warships retextured
sobers better rock Ver 2 mod
TDW_Ship_Plane_Fire_Damage_v1_3_SH4
TorpedoupdateV2
Aircraft Demo mission
Hull_Numbers
LST_TMO_v2
Guerrilla-Submarines-Spyron-Mod-v1
#4 PE4 Ship_debris_SH4_with bodies
PE4_high quality bow and stern wakes (stock SH4 lower FPS)

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-15, 11:35 PM   #355
Griphos
Watch

Okay. Thanks. The problem is I found this list of suggested Webster mods somewhere, but not the order of them, and I'm not sure what each of them do. I'm checking the readme's. I'm thinking of the following, given the feedback above. Does this sound about right?

Game Fixes Only Mod v1.1
GFO Snorkel Name Change
Webster's New Sonar view
Webster's Eliminate Floating Plankton
Remove Grain Effect
SCAF for SH 1.5
Metric Nomographs
MaxOptics IV

If I am installing, and some of the later ones want to rewrite some of the earlier ones, I guess I'll just leave them out, maybe.
Old 12-07-15, 09:12 AM   #356
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griphos View Post
Okay. Thanks. The problem is I found this list of suggested Webster mods somewhere, but not the order of them, and I'm not sure what each of them do. I'm checking the readme's. I'm thinking of the following, given the feedback above. Does this sound about right?

Game Fixes Only Mod v1.1
GFO Snorkel Name Change
Webster's New Sonar view
Webster's Eliminate Floating Plankton

Remove Grain Effect
SCAF for SH 1.5
Metric Nomographs
MaxOptics IV

If I am installing, and some of the later ones want to rewrite some of the earlier ones, I guess I'll just leave them out, maybe.
only these are my mods and the name pretty much tells you everything about them, I tried to keep my mod names self explanatory.

Game Fixes Only Mod v1.1 - well too much to describe so read the read me to see what all it does.

GFO Snorkel Name Change - used only when playing german side so the wording is correctly saying "snorkel" when the snorkel is used. its just for immersion since the snorkel doesn't actually work to reduce co2 levels in the game. you don't want to use it for the American side because then its called your radar and you don't want to raise the radar and have the screen say "raising snorkel"

Webster's New Sonar view - centers your view of the sonar where the game normally has you standing off to the side of it.

Webster's Eliminate Floating Plankton - removes the green floating stuff so you have a clearer underwater view of the sub.

when you read the first post in this thread, you should take note that you need to add two mods to correct some errors with it. the two mods you need to add are my orders bar menu mod and tambor198 mission pack for stock game.

the orders bar is needed because it was left out when I updated GFO

the tambor198 missions pack mod was made because there were some older missions designed for v1.4 of the game that caused CTD issues with GFO so those missions were updated to correct those errors and work correctly

as to the rest:

Remove Grain Effect
SCAF for SH 1.5
Metric Nomographs
MaxOptics IV

you will just have to test them out to see if they still work correctly

GFO was designed to be very mod friendly in that most any mod can safely be used with it (other then another super mod) and the worst that may happen, is some added fix in GFO will simply be undone by an added mod with no real negative side effects, at least none that I am aware of.

naturally it depends on what an added mod does to the game. see what a mod you want to add does, then see what GFO does to the same aspect of the game. an example is the optics mod, naturally if you add this mod it will undo the GFO corrected zoom levels and implements its own.

likewise follow this example to get an idea what a mod may disable in GFO but I don't see anything that should prevent using any mod you want and you will have to decide if it changes the game in any noticeable way you don't like by testing it.

Last edited by Webster; 12-07-15 at 09:31 AM.
Old 12-07-15, 11:09 AM   #357
Griphos
Watch

Thanks. I did read about those other two, and pasted in the tambor missions already. I thought the New Orders was optional, but I'll grab that.

The last three mods are all part of the SCAF mod really, and that's supposed to be compatible I think, and the Remove Grain Effect has been used by others with GFO, so I think I'm good to go. The only mods that gave warning about rewriting were the SCAF and MaxOptics, so I'll do a little more reading on those before enabling.

I'll look around the stock game this evening just to start it up once, and then I'll plop these in and see how it goes.

Thanks for the tip on the Snorkel mod, though. I plan to play SH4 as American, so I'll just leave that one out for now. And I prefer the Imperial nomograph, so that one goes also.

I think the combination of your mods, the ship fixing accuracy mod, and the magnified optics seem like a good way to start.

Last edited by Griphos; 12-07-15 at 12:56 PM.
Old 04-24-16, 12:01 PM   #358
sickpeople
Swabbie

Downloads: 34

I seem to found a bug.
I downloaded the mod and it installed fine. Got the GFO loading screen and everything. Then I started a career as an american skipper and I noticed that all my crew members had insanely high skill ratings. For example this seaman straight out of academy has max stats in almost 3 out of 5 skill categories. Pretty immersion breaking, imo.

I tried an U-Boat campaign next and the crew skills there were at normal rate.
I already tried reinstalling the mod with JSGME to no avail. Could anyone please tell me how to fix this?
sickpeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-16, 03:32 PM   #359
Ludwig van Hursh
A-ganger

Downloads: 65

Will this mod still work with the latest version of RSRD? It seems to be at v550. Should I still do the GFO with the GFO-RSRD v401 patch and just load RSRD last in the list?
Old 06-01-16, 05:34 PM   #360
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
[E:\SilentHunter4\MODS]

Game Fixes Only Mod v1.1
Webster's S-Class Mod
New Orders Bar Menu
#1 Real Environment mod install
GFO Patch for Real Env
RSRDC_SH15_V400
RSRDC_V4XX_Patch1
GFO Patch for RSRDC
MaxOptics IV for GFO 1.1
Pacific Sound Mod
TMOPlot Final
This was posted above in one of the earlier posts by Haukka81. This is the order he is currently using for GFO+RSRDC, Hope this helps.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote