SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: Poll closed
option 0 0%
option 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-15, 02:07 PM   #331
Raptor_Pilot
WORST. KALEUN. EVER.

Downloads: 68
Uploads: 0

I know it's been almost two years since anyone has posted in this thread, but I also want to give my thanks for this mod.
This is exactly what I was looking for.
Raptor_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-15, 05:50 PM   #332
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

glad you like it.

sadly I just don't have time to update the mod like it deserves to be but maybe one day .....
Old 07-26-15, 03:01 AM   #333
shegeek72
WAV

Downloads: 94

Sorry if this has already been asked, but does this mod change any of the targeting (making it more difficult), or any of the map icons (i.e. circles, triangles and squares with tails), icon colors or the umark? Thanks!

Last edited by shegeek72; 07-26-15 at 03:31 AM.
shegeek72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-15, 09:52 AM   #334
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shegeek72 View Post
Sorry if this has already been asked, but does this mod change any of the targeting (making it more difficult), or any of the map icons (i.e. circles, triangles and squares with tails), icon colors or the umark? Thanks!

no, this mod tried to keep the stock game, as stock as possible.

I made this mod to try not to change the original game difficulty but I did make a few minor changes to correct things I felt were bugs like torpedos had damage radius increased "slightly" so they cause damage to ships in a dead on bow shot where in the stock game, if you had ten torpedos in a row hit dead on the bow, it wouldn't damage a destroyer at all because the bows have no damage zone to record damage. with this mod it does "some" damage every time but its such a minor increase I made sure its not changing other torpedo behavior or how many it takes to sink a ship.

it also makes several changes for visuals like the u-mark is a different color to make it easier to see and it changed some water line colors and fixed lots of ships draft heights so there is a lot less of ships rolling over instead of sinking more realistic looking but sinking times are not changed. the read me shows the list of mods that went into it and what each one adds to the mod
Old 07-26-15, 02:29 PM   #335
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

If you like, the addition of TMOPlot added on top of GFO gives you the TMO plotting system without changing any of Webster's gameplay settings.

Remember, Webster's aim was to have no influence on the developers' original vision of what the game was. He was only fixing egregious bugs. Of course that is a subjective judgment, and a modder is always punished for his compromises. Webster did very, very well.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-15, 07:14 PM   #336
Ludwig van Hursh
A-ganger

Downloads: 65

Great mod, fixes a lot of the things I found annoying as well. I wish I could find a mod that fixes the US promotion screen for career.

Last edited by Ludwig van Hursh; 07-26-15 at 07:30 PM.
Ludwig van Hursh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-15, 08:45 PM   #337
shegeek72
WAV

Is the Free Camera and Scope Fix for v1.5 compatible with the GFO? I tried installing it using jsgme, but the zoom limitations remained.

Old 07-27-15, 07:35 AM   #338
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Is the Free Camera and Scope Fix for v1.5 compatible with the GFO? I tried installing it using jsgme, but the zoom limitations remained.

I have my own version of a free camera and scope fix in GFO, it sets the scope zoom levels where they should be to give accurate realistic zoom levels and the free cam lets you climb to just above airplane heights (10,000 ft) and the free camera allows for close up views of things and slightly faster "flying" modes when following or searching for things.

as to the question, "almost" all mods work with GFO because I kept it close to stock, the one thing to keep in mind is when adding mods to it they might disable some features of GFO such as in this case it might disable smaller rain, larger torpedo splashes at distance, and of course my voom levels.

I cant remember everything in it but any of these "side effects" wont effect the game.

i suspect what might be happening is you might have the double folder issue where the mod is in another folder inside the one you put in jsgme, check the file pathway.
Old 07-27-15, 09:01 PM   #339
shegeek72
WAV

Ok, thanks for that. When you said GFO is compatable with Real Environments #1 did you mean Real environments by Kriller2 and W_clear?

Old 07-28-15, 10:11 AM   #340
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Ok, thanks for that. When you said GFO is compatable with Real Environments #1 did you mean Real environments by Kriller2 and W_clear?

yes, and there is a small patch that corrects a few things that Real Environments #1 changes in GFO

load GFO, then Real Environments #1, then the Webster's GFO_Patch_for_Real_Env_#1

there is also a patch to add if you want to use RSRDC v401 with GFO and since its a little of an outdated version of RSRDC I included a link to download that mod as well

if you decide to use both of these mods with GFO, the patches do not effect each others files, so everything works together nicely.
Old 07-28-15, 11:04 AM   #341
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Your link to RSRDC v401 is broken because GameFront is broken. They are completely undependable and will delete your uploaded stuff without notice. I have completely quit using the as of about five years ago.

Sure would like to get a copy of RSRDC v401 because in his last issuance, Lurker decided to really stick it to us and gave the Japanese radar eyes. He said he did an environmental mod and loaded it with gameplay mods which were unannounced and detrimental, as they changed aspects of the game carefully tuned by you, Ducimus and the RFB team. Historically, I don't believe Superman ever worked for the Japanese in WWII and they did not clone him and put one of his clones on every ship in the Pacific.

v401 should fix that problem. If not, I can do without RSRDC.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-15, 12:37 PM   #342
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Your link to RSRDC v401 is broken because GameFront is broken. They are completely undependable and will delete your uploaded stuff without notice. I have completely quit using the as of about five years ago.

Sure would like to get a copy of RSRDC v401 because in his last issuance, Lurker decided to really stick it to us and gave the Japanese radar eyes. He said he did an environmental mod and loaded it with gameplay mods which were unannounced and detrimental, as they changed aspects of the game carefully tuned by you, Ducimus and the RFB team. Historically, I don't believe Superman ever worked for the Japanese in WWII and they did not clone him and put one of his clones on every ship in the Pacific.

thanks for letting me know, yep gamefront I don't like at all, I thought when they took it over from filefront thins would be likethey used to but that sites not worth using anymore.

they deleted more then half of my mods there so I just deleted the mod download links to there. they flag and delete things fast if no one downloads it in a while.

I should have it in my files somewhere.

I will try to upload it here if I can find it

I found RSRDC v400, I assume that's it and the patch makes it v401, is that the right one?

Last edited by Webster; 07-28-15 at 12:54 PM.
Old 07-28-15, 12:44 PM   #343
Meridian
Frogman

Downloads: 625

Just found these links for RSRDC, including v401 and patch.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/listi...or_Mods/RSRDC/

AORUS Z390 Ultra, Intel Core i5 8600K, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4096mb, 64.0GB Dual-Channel DDR4, Soundblaster Z.
Meridian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-15, 01:38 PM   #344
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
Just found these links for RSRDC, including v401 and patch.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/listi...or_Mods/RSRDC/
im pretty sure those are for the earlier versions, not v401
Old 07-28-15, 01:40 PM   #345
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post

ok I uploaded RSRDC v401 here to subsim and fixed the download links in the first post

if you need RSRDC its now here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4738