SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-27-12, 11:40 AM   #61
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@SquareSteelBar:
Quote:
...Download the NYGM_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1.7z folder mentioned in my previous post in this thread, unzip it, and study the en_menu.txt (or de_menu.txt) file carefully...
Sorry Stiebler but these files are not included...
Thanks for the notification, SSB.

The en_menu.txt and de_menu.txt files are instead in the NYGM3.6B mod. I regret that users who want to study these files must download the NYGM3.6B mod from my logo below, unzip it, and look in NYGM3_6B\data\menu for the en/de_menu.txt files.

@Igorlikespike:
The problem you describe with the periscope shake concerns H.sie's V16B1 mod, and indicates a problem somewhere when you added files to his folder 'Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)'. Re-examine this folder carefully.

@SteveTry:
Glad you finally got the patch to work for you.
You can disable the 'Weather Meter' in the Options Selector. Just toggle the option OFF in the 'Stiebler mods' Dialog box.

Stiebler
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-12, 04:00 AM   #62
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Default GWX3_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1.7z

I have now uploaded a typical addon folder (GWX3_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1) for GWX3.0 Gold, which I have tested to ensure that it functions correctly.

However, for copyright reasons, it does NOT contain the patched SH3.exe required in order to operate. You must create this yourself.

Download the folder from here:
http://www.subsim.com/mods1/nygm/GWX...n_for_V16B1.7z

Method:
1. Start with GWX3.
2. Patch your copy of SH3.exe with Hsie's V16B1 patch.
3. Without making ANY changes, then patch your HSIE-SH3.exe with the Stiebler4b_Addon_for_V16B1 patchkit, following its instructions.
4. Place the double-patched copy of SH3.exe into the folder GWX3_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1, next to the new envsim.act file.
5. Install Hsie's folder 'Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)' with
JSGME.
6. Install your unzipped folder GWX3_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1 (containing your new SH3.exe) with JSGME.

(The CAM-SHIP mod will not function.)
(I have used the 'lite' campaign_SCR.mis file in the GWX folder for testing. The only change is to add H.sie VIIF wolf-pack U-boats as units. If you prefer the original full campaign_SCR.mis, then add the VIIF U-boats to the original file, which you should have done already as part of Hsie's folder 'Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)'.)

This will save a lot of trouble for most GWX users. I am aware that there are many mod variants for GWX, and I have no idea whether this simple addon folder will function correctly with the other extra mods. But at least users of GWX variants now have a template folder to study.

Stiebler.
Old 07-28-12, 02:27 PM   #63
Gammel
Commodore

Downloads: 276
Uploads: 0

everything just works like a charm but may i suggest changing the color of the new weather meter? For me the colors now are quite of unintiutunally.
I'd say nice light blue (good) to even more grey the worser the weather is.
I'll try for myself changing menu_1024_768.ini with help of this webside: http://www.color-hex.com/

Great Mod just tested some of the features in an academy mission.
Some text of the surrender mod is still english i guess it was the response to the final status report and the end game screen - but thats peanuts no worry i can life with it.

edit
Another remark: don't laught at me but it took me till today to find out where the new abandon ship button is located.
I was always looking for it on the message screen - so if anyone else is not so pro like me - it's not there, hahahah
Gammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-12, 04:04 PM   #64
Gammel
Commodore

i played around a little with the colors - also intersting that you can add a seperate "tooltip" for every weather state.
i've modified de.menu.txt with the following:
Quote:
;;Weather meter mod additions by Gammel update MaxStrings on top of file!!
5001=kein Nebel, ausgezeichnete Sicht
5002=leichter Nebel, gute Sicht
5003=moderater Nebel, durchschnittliche Sicht
5004=moderate Nebel, Sturm, durchschnittliche Sicht
5005=dichter Nebel, schlechte Sicht
looks like this, i dont like the color so far, will do more tests. Notice the tooltip when mouseover.
Old 07-29-12, 04:12 AM   #65
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

That is very interesting feedback, Gammel. Many thanks for it.

I take your point about changing the colours of the 'cloud' (weather meter) to colours that are perhaps more representative. Also your idea (of using en(de)_menu.txt to provide extra tool tips for the weather-meter) is a good one.

Concerning occasional English text in the patched game that does not occur, or is duplicated, in either en_menu.txt or de_menu.txt: This text is hard-coded, and it would be quite complicated to add a separate German version also - it would be necessary to determine in code whether en_menu.txt or de_menu.txt was being used (and what about French users?). Because the text is hard-coded, it is *essential* to spell it correctly where the same text is duplicated in en(de)_menu.txt. Therefore, we have these strange lines in de_menu.txt:
560=U-boat destroyed.
561=U-boat destroyed durch Kollision.
562=U-boat destroyed durch Überdruck.
563=U-boat destroyed durch Wassereinbruch.
The 'U-boat destroyed' is an exact copy of the same text in the code, and must not be changed.

I'm glad you have been able to report success - and to show a picture to prove it. Thanks again,

Stiebler.
Old 07-31-12, 02:00 PM   #66
Gammel
Commodore

thanks again for hints and explainations @Stiebler.
Yesterday i did an amazing patrol with your and h.ies mod in "full combat mode"
It was great, i did Type IIA in aug 44.
After crossing the channel on first patrol starting at brest i was bombed and lost my tower.
So i went back to germany for repair and refit.
After that the 1. flotilla was no more.
i was assigned to 7/13 with new patrol grid and tasked later to return to trondheim. Yourmod worked as aspected ->big fun!
i found out you can surwive even with that old boat in 44. It's all about weather, at least a big part...

Further i found out the min time-compression mod to be very handy to me, f.e. when traveling along helgoland on patrol start with meeting many friendly units on the way.
Now no morge a hundred times pressing the tc button to get back to 128x - it just stays there like it was like that always - very useful and calming
You can play relaxed even without much friendly harbour traffic.

A little worry at last - my WO dos not report the range any more - he only gives the direction.
Did you have any idea where i should start looking?
I know h.sie has changed the WO behavior in his mod.
Unfortunately i didnt noticed when this had happened first
and i was pretty shure i installed h.sie mod correct - it'n not that tough than setting upyour mod.
Old 08-02-12, 01:47 AM   #67
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@Gammel:

Thanks for the feedback again.

The WO's range is affected by H.sie's mod, as you say.
My patch should have no effect on the WO. Even the Options Selector affects only whether the range is accurate or not - it will not cause the range to disappear completely.

Therefore, it seems likely that you have accidently deleted/modified one of the correct lines in de_menu.txt. For example:
4616=Nächster Sichtkontakt auf Kurs %03.0f, Entfernung %.0f Meter!

Stiebler.
Old 08-02-12, 11:06 PM   #68
Lindley
Medic

Downloads: 377

I follow the instructions but I keep getting
Version number in SH3.exe does not match version in file HSIE contents.txt on second patching when I try to open HSIE selector.
Old 08-03-12, 04:37 AM   #69
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Hi Stiebler!

I´ve two questions please...

First question regarding to Surrender/Abandon Option and this from your .pdf Manual:

Quote:
If you have been rescued by U-boat, you may legitimately start a new career, to begin after the date you were sunk at sea, even for the Dead-Is-Dead players.
Can you please a little more explain, how to start a new career after I became the message, that I´ve been rescued by a U-Boat?

Let us assume, that I´ve been rescued by an U-Boat ingame Date at e.g. 25.02.1941. Then I start a new career at 01.03.1941 with the same captain name?! But when I do this, I loss my medals and renown from my old career, or? I mean, I start a new career after that I´ve been rescued, but without any medals or renown? Is this so correct?

Or can you please more explain the procedere to start a new career after rescue by an U-Boat please?!

And second question regarding to Weather Meter:

When I use this option, I must before I start a patrol enable the "Stealth-Meter" Option on, that is clear! But this has the effect, that my Realism-Percent-Value goes deeper, when you know what I mean?

E.g. before I enable the Stealth-Meter Option I play with, let us say, 91% Realism, after I enable the Option, the Realism-Percent-Value is only by 89% (or similar, I don´t know exactly).

Is there a solution to fix this? I mean, altough I enable the Option my Realism Value remains at 91%!

Best regards and thx in forward,

Magic
Old 08-03-12, 06:09 AM   #70
Harald_Lange
Ensign

Downloads: 160

3 quick questions:

1. If I patch my exe and add it to the mod folder as instructed in the readme, will that .exe override the main one? I have a desktop shortcut pointing to the 'root' .exe, and I'm wondering which is the correct place to put my .exe file.

2. Instead of editing the command files in the root data/cfg folder, can I duplicate the directory structure inside the mod and put the extended 'Commands_en.cfg' in there instead?

3. Final one:
If I install the stieblers patched exe, do i still need the hsie mod, or does this supercede it?

Thanks, hope these aren't too daft.
Harald_Lange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 06:37 AM   #71
VONHARRIS
Konteradmiral

Downloads: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1111 View Post
E.g. before I enable the Stealth-Meter Option I play with, let us say, 91% Realism, after I enable the Option, the Realism-Percent-Value is only by 89% (or similar, I don´t know exactly).

Is there a solution to fix this? I mean, altough I enable the Option my Realism Value remains at 91%!

Best regards and thx in forward,

Magic
I can give you a solution to that :

In Data\cfg folder find the GameplaySettings.cfg file.
Open with notepad
In the last block of the file :
[RealismPercentage]
LimitedBatteriesRealismPercentage=5
LimitedCompressedAirRealismPercentage=1
LimitedO2RealismPercentage=6
LimitedFuelRealismPercentage=6
RealisticVulnerabilityRealismPercentage=5
RealisticRepairTimeRealismPercentage=8
RealisticShipSinkingTimeRealismPercentage=2
ManualTargetingSystemRealismPercentage=15
NoMapUpdateRealismPercentage=12
RealisticSensorsRealismPercentage=6
DudTorpedoesRealismPercentage=4
RealisticReloadRealismPercentage=6
NoEventCameraRealismPercentage=3
NoExternalViewRealismPercentage=8
NoStabilizeViewRealismPercentage=5
NoNoiseMeterRealismPercentage=2 <-- change this to 0 and add 2 to any field so that your realism will add up to 91% .
NoWeaponOfficerAssistRealismPercentage=6

Hope that helped.
VONHARRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 04:46 PM   #72
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@Magic1111:

After use of 'Surrender Option':
If you are rescued by U-boat, then the rules are that you can start a new patrol, even if you play 'Dead-is-dead'.

It is your choice how you start your new patrol, but in real life it must have been with a new U-boat and a partly new crew.
You can adjust your medal status, and your new crew status, to mimick your earlier career, by altering the crew configuration files after starting your new career.

VonHarris has kindly answered your question already about the weather meter already.

@HaraldLange:
1) Yes. The patched sh3.exe will replace the original. Your shortcut will continue to point to it.
2) Yes. In fact your suggestion is the preferred method. Install the revised files command_en(de).cfg with JSGME as part of the Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1 folder.
3) Yes. You *must* first install H.sie's mod.

@Lindly:
Either you are using the wrong version of the Options Selector (use version 1.6a with its associated files HsieContents.txt and StieblerContents.txt).
Or you are are not patching with H.sie's V16B1 patch (maybe with an older version, or have you omitted to use H.sie's patch completely?)

Stiebler.
Old 08-03-12, 11:37 PM   #73
Lindley
Medic

Downloads: 377

OK Thanks.

Working.

Last edited by Lindley; 08-04-12 at 04:21 PM.
Lindley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-12, 01:49 PM   #74
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by VONHARRIS View Post
I can give you a solution to that :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
@Magic1111:
After use of 'Surrender Option':
Many thx @ VONHARRIS & Stiebler for answer me my questions!

Best regards,
Magic
Old 08-08-12, 05:28 PM   #75
HEMISENT
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 135

Hi Guys
I posted this question on H'sie's thread and will do the same here.

I have a fresh GWX install and H.sie's patch is working correctly. There are no other mods enabled in JSGME.

Stiebler's Supplement to V16b1 is in the MODS folder and both the messages and campaign_SCR editing have been accomplished.

Per H'sie's instructions I put the patched SH3.exe into the Stiebler's Supplement to V16b1 folder with the 4 dll's

At this point I enable Stiebler's supplent in JSGME.

When I start the game I get a "missing dll's message. (At this time there is no SH3.exe icon in the SH3 folder because it first went to the patch folder then went into Stiebler's folder)

Does anyone have an idea as to what I'm doing wrong? I tried to search both threads but came up blank for this specific problem.