SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > MoBo - Electronic Maneuvering Board
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-21-08, 08:41 PM   #16
XLjedi
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 53
Uploads: 8

Isn't there already nav software out there for stuff like that?

That link didn't work for me...
Old 02-22-08, 09:03 PM   #17
jblacic
Nub

Downloads: 55
Uploads: 0
Default try this link

See the nautical.zip file at this link http://www.offsoundings.info/navl.htm

I haven't found anything like what I'm suggesting except this old DOS program. I'd use it for sure if I had it.
Old 03-02-08, 05:21 PM   #18
latemail
Gunner

Downloads: 10
Default still using it ...

Hi,

I have only few time for playing these days, but always using MoBo .... likes the new features ... perfect for small time Kaleuns

finished
OLC1.1.4/1.2.1-Sale-Kombimod for Stock (Thread)
OLC1.2.1-Sale-Kombimod for GWX 2.0 (Thread)
OLC1.2.3-Sale-Kombimod for GWX 2.0 (Thread)

working on
Modding-Tutorial for menu_1024_768.ini (Thread, presently only german)

Old 03-12-08, 12:43 PM   #19
Jace11
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 1

Yup still using it...
Old 06-10-08, 04:23 AM   #20
rifleman13
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 28

Recently found this program!

Now maybe I could go 100% Realism in SH3.:hmm:

One could only dream!
Old 08-01-08, 11:20 AM   #21
tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
Swabbie

Downloads: 3

First post in this forum but this tool warants it!

You bet I use it! I am only a recent user of the silent hunter series and aspire to the 'as real as it can get brigade' but until I found this tool I was bloody close to giving up thanks to the awful ingame map interface provided.

Great tool Great Work

Now if only I can persuade my wife to throw buckets of water at me every couple of minits :hmm:
Old 08-28-08, 08:25 AM   #22
Sockeye
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 46

Still using the program here.

With nomographs being included on the SH3/4 maps, I find that alot of simple problems can be easily determined using a handheld calculator and the in-game tools, but I always Alt-Tab to MoBo whenever something more complex begins rearing its ugly head.

I also use MoBo to check my math with other trigonometry projects, something that suddenly occured to me when I was wondering if an answer I came to was even in the ballpark.

An excellent program, and I find that the further I delve into its functions, the more complex it truly is.
Old 09-02-08, 10:23 AM   #23
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

I just found out about this program last night and absolutely love it.

Old 10-26-08, 12:29 AM   #24
Rip
Commodore

Downloads: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronblood
I still use MoBo... but kinda sparingly.

I think mostly I use it for intercepts and speed calcs. Occasionally I'll stumble upon a contact via hydro and work out the course via TMA tool. Sometimes it's helpful for drawing up explanations related to tactics discussions and so forth.

Just wondering if once the initial novelty wears off...
Do you find yourself still using it?

Is there enough interest to warrant continued development?
Big time. I hope you will not cease to work on it thinking no one wants it. Just takes a special trip to see how it is going. I see myself using it even more in the future, especially if you add a few of the WIP items like the attack course finder. I will make it a point to mention it more in other threads.

Rip
Old 03-18-09, 04:36 AM   #25
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Default yummy!

I inquired about MoBo several months ago. I looked at the pdf tutorial download, and tried a quick read after which I relized it would not be simple or easy for me to master. I put the tutorial aside for a couple of months, and then, last Friday my computer went to the shop. I downloaded a copy of the MoBo program to my laptop, which is too old to handle SH4, pulled out the tutorial yesterday, and began studying it, replicating your examples using the MoBo program downloaded to my laptop. I worked on it again today, and am about ready to tackle TMA at page 30.

Several of the functions are becoming easy to fairly easy to master, so I am well on my way to understanding how to operate the program. Initially, I thought I would get lost in the details and the various tools appeared as if they would overwhelm my capabilities. It appears to be a brilliant program and one that will become an indispensible part of my attack repetoire. I am particularly interested to see how the program works when plotting a target's heading and speed when submerged, as I do not fully understand the explanation on that aspect of the program.

I have a few other questions, but those can wait to be addressed until I encounter them in game play. My only other lurking concern is inserting the map over the game screen. It stems from the fact that my computer is in the shop and I was not able to test the tutorial re the overlay.

Clearly the Intercept tool is great, as is the TSD tool. I also like the AoB tool, as I am a fan of manual targeting, having started using it when I read Hitman's Tutorial on Manual Targeting at 100% Realism.

My opinion as of today is that this will be a superb Mod. I used to rely upon all sorts of Mods, but now my game mods are limited to RFB, RSRDC, a boat from Killflags, and Jamminadrid's small tools. MoBo should really be useful in plotting intercepts for high speed warships, as the program looks like it will enable me to plot an intercept from a greater distance, affording more time to set up for the attack.

It is one heck of a program. The tutorial is not for the meek, and it is taking me time to work through it, but both it and MoBo are impressive. Congratulations.
Old 03-19-09, 08:00 AM   #26
XLjedi
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 53
Uploads: 8

What, you mean the manual is not for the meek?
I thought it was over simplified.

The map overlay feature you can test on your laptop. Just pull up any map (google) and press the "Prn Scrn" button and then goto MoBo and press the "Insert" button.

My recommendation for advancement would be:

1) Simple Intercepts
2) Using the Map Scale Tool
3) TSD tool to determine speed
4) 20k Lead Intercepts

(Anything beyond this is advanced)

5) Two-legged attack stationing
6) Chapter 11 US Navy OpSpec problems
7) Stationary TMA w/speed guess
8) Stationary TMA w/triangulation
9) Moving TMA
Old 04-18-09, 09:28 AM   #27
GulfXray
Seaman

Downloads: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronblood View Post
I still use MoBo... but kinda sparingly.

I think mostly I use it for intercepts and speed calcs. Occasionally I'll stumble upon a contact via hydro and work out the course via TMA tool. Sometimes it's helpful for drawing up explanations related to tactics discussions and so forth.

Just wondering if once the initial novelty wears off...
Do you find yourself still using it?

Is there enough interest to warrant continued development?
I am just getting started with SH IV and am reading/studying/etc. - I plan on MoBo playing a key role in my understanding the game & tactics.

While I am at it, thanks for taking the time to develop and document!
Old 02-27-10, 04:32 PM   #28
Evil Koala
Swabbie

Downloads: 12

I just discovered this program, and I can see myself using it to great effect for some time. I find it not only useful for Silent Hunter, but I also use it in Dangerous Waters when playing the SH-60s since they dont have a TMA station and very limited number of sonobouys. I use the dipping sonar and Mobo to plot the position of my target and then use precisely placed sonobouys to monitor them while I seek out other targets.

So thanks for a great program. I'd love to see continued development. My top feature request would be to make the board pannable and zoomable.
Old 10-30-10, 01:10 PM   #29
Zurdo
Swabbie

Downloads: 78

I am still using MoBo and I think is a great mod.
Old 12-09-12, 12:55 AM   #30
blkdimnd
Planesman

Downloads: 492

I still use it, great app.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

AB1TA