SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-16-08, 01:33 PM   #16
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syxx_Killer
I just now saw your Catherine Bell picture mod. I must say, I really like that photo, too!
i saw yours in your mod and figured i would google around to see if there might be other nice shots and thats how i found it.

what i liked best was the style bikini was something very likely to have been worn at that time period too.

i also made sure to credit you in the read me for original maker of the desk photo mod
Old 08-16-08, 06:49 PM   #17
Syxx_Killer
Admiral

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBSTER
i saw yours in your mod and figured i would google around to see if there might be other nice shots and thats how i found it.

what i liked best was the style bikini was something very likely to have been worn at that time period too.

i also made sure to credit you in the read me for original maker of the desk photo mod
You sure picked a nice shot. There are even... better... ones out there, but those may not be too appropriate to post on Subsim!

You didn't have to credit me. It's just a dinky little mod. I originally got the idea to change the photo when playing TMO. I didn't know who it was for the captain's photo and I thought Catherine Bell was a whole lot better looking!
Syxx_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-08, 07:46 PM   #18
TopcatWA
Navy Dude

Downloads: 36

Thanks Mate. Much appreciated.
03.Sobers_Better_Rocks & Sand
04.Small_Nav_Tools_w_Chrono
05.Brit_MkVIII_US_Mk28_Torps
06.ROW Sound effects.v.9/Enviromental 5.0
O/S Win10 Pro 64-Bit/Intel 64xQuad Core
CPU i7-4790+3.60 Ghz 32gig RAM
nVidia GeForce GTX-1650 Ti
TopcatWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-08, 12:17 PM   #19
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syxx_Killer
You didn't have to credit me. It's just a dinky little mod. I originally got the idea to change the photo when playing TMO. I didn't know who it was for the captain's photo and I thought Catherine Bell was a whole lot better looking!
actually i think i did have to credit you because even though no mod is ever new, you were the first who did it as far as i know so doing a copy without crediting you for the idea was in my opinion would be morally wrong almost like stealing it.
Old 08-18-08, 12:18 AM   #20
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

Hello , it seems that the Environmental ( 4.6+4.7+etc,etc) have reduced the planctong impurities in the water ,can you tell me please if your mod is able to install the impurities or only to eliminate the impurities ? thank you

http://files.filefront.com/WEBSTERs+.../fileinfo.html
Old 08-18-08, 09:19 AM   #21
DeepIron
Sea Lord

Downloads: 0

Nicely done WEBSTER. Wow! I never realized you were so "prolific"...
RFB Loadout: RFB_V1.52_102408: RFB_V1.52_Patch_111608: RSRDC_RFBv15_V396
DeepIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-08, 10:56 AM   #22
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonschk
Hello , it seems that the Environmental ( 4.6+4.7+etc,etc) have reduced the planctong impurities in the water ,can you tell me please if your mod is able to install the impurities or only to eliminate the impurities ? thank you

http://files.filefront.com/WEBSTERs+.../fileinfo.html
my mod completely removes the floating plankton altogether so if you want the stock plankton back do this:

on your desktop create a folder named "return stock plankton" or whatever you want to call it, then inside of it create a folder named "Data" and inside of it create a folder named "Misc" then put a copy of the stock "impurity" file there and it is a jsgme ready mod to return the game to stock plankton levels no matter what mod changes it.

another solution would be to simply open the "Misc" folder inside Env 4.6 and delete the "impurity" file so it does get changed. just be sure 4.7 doesnt have an "impurity" file in it. (im pretty sure it doesnt)
Old 08-18-08, 11:04 AM   #23
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepIron
Nicely done WEBSTER. Wow! I never realized you were so "prolific"...
thats what happens when you ask too many questions, eventually you figure out how to do stuff lol. :hmm:

after all the dumb questions i asked over the years, i had to eventually know how to do something to give back to the community.
Old 08-18-08, 12:23 PM   #24
tonschk
Admiral

Quote:
my mod completely removes the floating plankton altogether so if you want the stock plankton back do this:

on your desktop create a folder named "return stock plankton" or whatever you want to call it, then inside of it create a folder named "Data" and inside of it create a folder named "Misc" then put a copy of the stock "impurity" file there and it is a jsgme ready mod to return the game to stock plankton levels no matter what mod changes it.
Is Amazing , I think ( somehow ) this can be my first little self build Mod (JSGME ready), thank you very much
Old 08-18-08, 01:40 PM   #25
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Quote:

Is Amazing , I think ( somehow ) this can be my first little self build Mod (JSGME ready), thank you very much
just remember when using it that it needs to be installed last in order to work
Old 08-18-08, 02:14 PM   #26
tonschk
Admiral

Hi there , I have build the file or folders (I have no idea the difference between files and folders ) in this way......

return stock plankton/Data/Misc/impurity

and later enable this ( return stock plankton ) in the last position in the JSGME , but later I checked the stock version of SH4 (ver1.5) version without mods , and later with the mods installed as you can see in the photo , I was able to see a lot of plankton in the stock SH4 , but almost no plankton with the brand new "return stock plankton " file/folder , can you tell me please if you see where is a mistake , thank you

Old 08-18-08, 08:08 PM   #27
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Hi there , I have build the file or folders (I have no idea the difference between files and folders ) in this way......

return stock plankton/Data/Misc/impurity

and later enable this ( return stock plankton ) in the last position in the JSGME , but later I checked the stock version of SH4 (ver1.5) version without mods , and later with the mods installed as you can see in the photo , I was able to see a lot of plankton in the stock SH4 , but almost no plankton with the brand new "return stock plankton " file/folder , can you tell me please if you see where is a mistake , thank you
a file is the actual component that does the work it is what the folders contain.

the folder shows as a yellow icon simular to the my documents folder on your desktop.

everything that is not a yellow folder is a file.

now if your mod is set up correctly all you see is a single yellow folder named return stock plankton, you open up the folder to find another yellow folder named Data which you open up to find another yellow folder named Misc and when you open up the Misc folder you see one file inside of it named impurity. this is called a file path and it is the key structure that makes every mod work. if the mod does not have an identical file structure to the pathway in the game files then the mod cannot be installed correctly and the mod will not work.

now if it looks like all that is done correctly then you may not have a stock copy of the impurity file so make sure you do.

one of the most important things you can do is make a back up copy of a pure unmodded version of a freshly installed game. files do get corrupted no matter how careful you are so having clean back up copy of every file can save you from having to reinstall the game. if you think somethings corrupted delete the entire data folder and copy a new one from your backup and the game is fixed like new. its a life saver.

Last edited by Webster; 08-18-08 at 08:22 PM.
Old 08-19-08, 12:33 AM   #28
tonschk
Admiral

Thank you very much for your tutorial ,I will try to check if something is wrong with the file named impurity thank you very much
Old 08-19-08, 08:00 AM   #29
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Thank you very much for your tutorial ,I will try to check if something is wrong with the file named impurity thank you very much
its quite possible it has been changed from some mod along the way so just uninstalling all your mods may not restore it because files can get changed around without even without meaning to.

often in trying out your own mod ideas you'll mod a file (with silent 3ditor) forgetting another mod is still installed and instead of modding a stock file you end up modding a file inside one of the mods your using, then when you uninstall the mod, the file is different because you changed it and jsgme cant recognise it to swap it back out. the end result when that happens is a stock file has been replaced by a leftover file from a mod and the mod that you uninstalled is now missing the file you modded because when it uninstalled the file that was changed by you was not recognized so it wasnt removed with the mod.

this is why anytime you are the one modding something in the game you need to be sure all mods are uninstalled first and of coarse you see why having a backup copy of the stock unmodded game is needed for fixing things from time to time. i also keep backup copies of just about all the mods because the mods themselves get fubarred just like the game, plus as you learn to mod you can break down each mod and learn what they did so you can do your own versions with settings you like better. they are like instruction manuals on the different ways to mod the game.
Old 08-19-08, 05:28 PM   #30
tonschk
Admiral

Quote:
plus as you learn to mod you can break down each mod and learn what they did so you can do your own versions with settings you like better. they are like instruction manuals on the different ways to mod the game.
This is the good idea , I must start to learn how to make mods to change as I wish this SH4 , the stock colors of the ocean in the Stock version of SH4 are Dull and Matt , the Environmental mods are necessary