Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 09-18-08, 05:44 PM   #1
Syxx_Killer
Admiral

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0
10 years ago...

I can't believe ten years has gone by. It seems like only yesterday. Has anyone here ever played NovaLogic's MiG-29 Fulcrum and/or Fi-16 Multirole Fighter? It was earlier this month ten years ago I preordered these two. They were a bundle. I have never been so anxious about a game before that or since then. It wasn't until the early parts of October that they arrived. It was VERY hard waiting for them. When they finally arrived I promptly installed them and forgot about anything else. I was mostly interested in the MiG-29 at the time. I didn't have a joystick at the time so I used the keyboard. Shortly after, I got a Logitech Wingman. It was as basic as basic got. It even had manual adjusted X/Y axis. A bit later I splurged $70 on a Microsoft SideWinder. Best damn joystick I ever had. It still works like a champ. Once I really got into playing these two fantastic sims I took them online for the time. I had never played a game online before and they ran pretty smooth over a 33.6k dial-up modem. :rotfl: I remember the phone ringing and being absolutey furious about it because I got bumped off the Internet. Back then I used the callsign Burner. I joined one of the many squadrons available - the Fighting Falcons. It was for the F-16 only. When the squad dissolved I started my own squad for the MiG-29 exclusively - the Russian Knights. I went by the callsign Volk then. We had a pretty good squad going. We had probably over 20 people join. We battled other squads and had regular practice sessions. It was awesome. When NovaLogic finally released the patch that would allow the F-22 (the game F-22 Raptor) to fly with the MiG-29 and F-16 I reluctantly allowed the F-16 and F-22 into my squad. By the time F-22 Lightning 3 showed up, my squad was nearing an end. As people lost interest or couldn't participate anymore we sadly disbanded. When I got F-22 Lightning 3, I joined the Air Aces Squadron or AAS for short. This squad allowed all four planes to join (F-22 Raptor, F-16, MiG-29 and F-22 Lightning 3 fought on different battle spaces). It became a pretty big squadron. I eventually headed up the F-22 Lightning 3 portion of the squad. I don't remember why we disbanded, but eventually AAS died off, too. When my squad, the Russian Knights, disbanded I changed my callsign again. I changed it to Syxx_Killer and been using it ever since. Sorry for the long, rambling post. I just had to say something about two of my favorite flight sims ever created - MiG-29 Fulcrum and F-16 Multirole Fighter.
Syxx_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-08, 06:18 PM   #2
Kratos
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

someones reminiscing

Kratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-08, 07:31 PM   #3
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511

@ syxx killer

After reading your post I more now want to try my hand at flying online.

I have a X-52 joystick with rudder pedals and hispeed internet so I guess I'm good to go.

Had a nice set of headphones with mike. I heard my wife scream in the liveing room and ran to find out what happened
and ripped the wires out.

Turns out she was watching Jerry Springer.

Getting a wireless set soon. :p

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
FIREWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-08, 07:59 PM   #4
Syxx_Killer
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREWALL
@ syxx killer

After reading your post I more now want to try my hand at flying online.

I have a X-52 joystick with rudder pedals and hispeed internet so I guess I'm good to go.

Had a nice set of headphones with mike. I heard my wife scream in the liveing room and ran to find out what happened
and ripped the wires out.

Turns out she was watching Jerry Springer.

Getting a wireless set soon. :p
haha That's funny.

I kind of miss flight sims. I haven't really played a flight sim since F-22 Lightning 3 (released in 1999). I keep hoping NovaLogic will make a new one, but all they ever seem interested in is Delta Force installments.

Playing flight sims online is one of the very few things I like to play online. I absolutely hate playing first-person shooters online. Flight sims was one thing I was actually good at.
Syxx_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote