SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-11-21, 11:21 AM   #3376
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
On my last (fifth) patrol out of Brisbane to deliver 32 tons of cargo to Mindanao,(departing 11/25/43) in Gato I returned to Brisbane on 12/19/43 only to find that the base (tilted anchor) had been changed to Milne Bay. I reviewed all communications since the start of the patrol and had no Operational notice of a base change. I was able to successfully end the mission by making it to Milne Bay.

It just seems strange to get a base change without receiving a notice first.

Also, following the first GATO patrol from Brisbane leaving there on 5/11/1943, upon my return on 5/16/43 to Brisbane I was offered an Instructor position at Annapolis, which I declined and paid a penalty in Renown. I don't think it was because of bad performance. My tonnoges per patrol were in the 50,000+ range, with the lowest to date at around 31 k, with ALL objectives met to date. Then after the third patrol, on 9/22/43 I was offered a new boat, which I also declined, apparently without penalty. This was followed by the fifth patrol that included the base change noted above. I will continue this career in Gato now out of Milne Bay.

Just wanted you all to know...
A few of the boats do transfer without player intervention at all bases other than Pearl (which will change a bit in the near future also). It would be nice if we could have a "pre-orders" briefing, where a player is given a synopsis of the progress of the war, and facilities available or about to change. About all we can do though is the messages.txt, which has an entry for Milne:
19430628, 1201, 19430628, 1701, 1, 100, 60, 0, @COMSUBS7TH@^...^&ALL CONCERNED&, BE ADVISED NEW ADVANCED BASE IN OPERATION MILNE BAY NEW GUINEA EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY X NOT ALL FACILITY SERVICES AVAILABLE X
which basically displays the message at 1201 hours on 19430628 until 1701 same date, high priority, so it drops you to 1x TC, and it will be sent 100% of the time, once every 60 minutes until the player receives it, and it is from ComSubs 7th Fleet, addressed to all units, all concerned, that Milne Bay is open for business, but that not all facilities are available (heavy repair and the like). However, if a player is in-port on 28th June, 1943, they will not see that. The game does not easily let an individual submarine be addressed for messages like "Your base is changing, so don't go back to your old home" and you do have to notice the change of the anchor. Now, once you are at Milne Bay, be aware that almost ALL boats transfer out of there to Manus Island at some point (or rotate back to Pearl or San Diego or Hunter's Point), with the Gato transferring to Manus on 15 May, 1944. From there, it will go to Subic in February 1945. At no time though, do you receive a direct message, only the general "Base SoAndSo is now active" and then you can either look to see if you can transfer in, or watch the base anchor for if you do. There is a "Playing_FotRSU.pdf" in the Support folder that has some mention of when things happen, but is definitely not all-encompassing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
jumping in here even though PB has requested additional info.....

knowing the mission ID is important because that will help to understand what your patrol radius is.

i suspect that you are patrolling outside of your patrol radius and because of that you are not accruing time-on-patrol which is why you and your valiant crew are on patrol for 40 days without receiving a mission-accomplished.

use Notepad, open your CareerTrack.upc file from any save folder since you were in port last and reply back with the line PlayerCurrentObjectives=IDxxx.
We did get him pointed in a direction (note the lack of "correct" for direction ), and I'm thinking his ID was ID310 for Patrol Kuriles 01, which is actually east of the Komandorski Islands, west of Attu, near where the Battle of Komandorski was... The mission looks OK, but I have not heard back from Comder just yet as to his procedures. I have set the mission up to do a test run with it, if he thinks he did the patrol correctly, and then I'll test the mission for full functionality. In the meantime, testing other things...

All concerned:
Current plan is we will go ahead and release a "preview" of the next version, which has the "fixes" for v1.46 and a few changes. vickers03 and flaminus have not seen these yet either though, and I can state without equivocation that none of the add-ins they do will function on all parts of the Preview version. There are significant changes to the Tench, changes to the Salmon and Sargo, as well as the Narwhal and Gato that will adversely affect one or more of their add-ins' changes. We have just completed this aspect of the edits, and they will need time to review and then edit their files for further changes they want to incorporate. There is also a small surprise for eveyone inside (like Cracker Jacks, only better), and that aspect is what led to the Tench changes. Keep your fingers crossed that the rest of the tests function as expected, and we'll post a link for the "preview" version later tonight or tomorrow. Version 1.46 will still be the "official" version, and the preview is for testing evaluations only. We'll need to know about gun and conning tower upgrades as you encounter them, as well as any skinning issues. All we have been testing for thus far has been proper starts with the changes made to the boats thus far. More content will be in the next full release, so the Preview is not the finished product by any stretch of the imagination, but it is close enough to let any add-ins that vickers03 or flaminus want to make to begin their works. There will be minimal changes (if any) to the documentation, so you'll have to find things on your own. Stay tuned!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 08:33 PM   #3377
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

radar Re: 6 day patrol...

Like Comder.. I got a patrol, that does NOT want to ring the bell on being completed.

6 days patrol of Sibutu passage... This patrol area is tagged with a green ring/circle to denote the patrol area... & before it gets asked... No, I did NOT exit the area, at any time. Have been inside the circle, the entire time. I set up in essence, a racetrack through the passage area.

Is 31/12/42 & entered it, on 24/12/42

PlayersCurrentObjectives code is: ID326

before I got that objective, had finished up a 6 day patrol of the other passage area nearby.. Basilan passage.

M. M.

Old 06-11-21, 09:26 PM   #3378
propbeanie

MM, it looks like you grabbed an older Save folder file. ID326 points to the "Insertion Mariveles Supplies.mis", which only runs from 19411230 to 19420421. It is one of the "Take on 2 tons of ammunition... and take to Corregidor" kind of thangs... The folders after a bit are not in order any longer, so you might have 00000000 through 00000009, as well as 0000000a through 0000000e or whatever, but it might be that 00000004 is the newest now, since the "in base" Saves over-write each other - which is another reason not to trust them - but anyway, then the old Save folder gets re-used... lol

In the meantime, I will assume then that Comder also followed correct CenPacSub protocol, and properly conducted his patrol. I'll have to run to the other machine for that test though... If you foned home for that, and you are near the beginning of the war to maybe February(??), then you might have one of the Balikpapan missions. I'll test that right after Comder's.

Edit: that would actually possibly be called 12th Jan 42 to 22 Jan 42 only...

Last edited by propbeanie; 06-11-21 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Very limited time offer...
Old 06-11-21, 10:21 PM   #3379
Comder
Commander

Downloads: 83

Good evening Gentlemen,

My shop kept late the past few days. Sorry for delay. I have sent a response off to Propbeanie with the description of my missions. Yes I did stay inside the green circles like M.M. So we can wait and see if Propbeanie can find anything.

Thanks

Comder

Asus ROG Strix Scar G732LXS-XS99
I9 10th GEN, 32gb MEM, RX2080 8GB nvidia, 2TB SSD
Windows 10 Pro

Warship? What warship?
Comder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 11:55 PM   #3380
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Like Comder.. I got a patrol, that does NOT want to ring the bell on being completed.

6 days patrol of Sibutu passage... This patrol area is tagged with a green ring/circle to denote the patrol area... & before it gets asked... No, I did NOT exit the area, at any time. Have been inside the circle, the entire time. I set up in essence, a racetrack through the passage area.

Is 31/12/42 & entered it, on 24/12/42

PlayersCurrentObjectives code is: ID326

before I got that objective, had finished up a 6 day patrol of the other passage area nearby.. Basilan passage.

M. M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comder View Post
Good evening Gentlemen,

My shop kept late the past few days. Sorry for delay. I have sent a response off to Propbeanie with the description of my missions. Yes I did stay inside the green circles like M.M. So we can wait and see if Propbeanie can find anything.

Thanks

Comder
I'm putting both your missions into the same can... I just did MM's mission, and this is what I got with a Salmon:

I saw a single ship, a suspicious "warship" flying neutral colors, and that was it... six days of nothing save one airplane radar contact, and the auxcru that I maybe closed to within 15,500 yards at best... Anyway - it did complete... however, that reply is "qualified". What I need to know from you fellows is:
1. What submarine name and class are you in command of?
2. How did you guys get these mission assignments? via a Status Report?
3. Give your activated mods list again, please.
Now, I do know that MM's dates do not jive. He was assigned that particular mission and was there 24 Dec 42 to 31 Dec 42, and the DynamicMiss (the only way to get that assignment) is only supposed to assign it in mid January, 1942. It should still function though. Also, for Comder's assignment, when a person calls in with a Status Update, the mission is supposed to come from the DynamicMiss.cfg file. However, there are no Kurile assignments in the DynamicMiss list... very strange. So we want to sort this for certain.

Edit: I'm bringing part of Comder's PM in here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comder
I always stayed inside the boundaries of the green circles. Now many of the circles did over lap mission 5's location. I did inside full circle. I then did only in mission 5's circle that did not overlap the others. I could not get a completed mission.
So this brings the question "Were the other circles still on the map as you were getting new assignments?

Last edited by propbeanie; 06-12-21 at 12:06 AM. Reason: PM info
Old 06-12-21, 02:19 AM   #3381
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

radar Re: Update...

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I'm putting both your missions into the same can... I just did MM's mission, and this is what I got with a Salmon:

I saw a single ship, a suspicious "warship" flying neutral colors, and that was it... six days of nothing save one airplane radar contact, and the auxcru that I maybe closed to within 15,500 yards at best... Anyway - it did complete... however, that reply is "qualified". What I need to know from you fellows is:
1. What submarine name and class are you in command of?
2. How did you guys get these mission assignments? via a Status Report?
3. Give your activated mods list again, please.
Now, I do know that MM's dates do not jive. He was assigned that particular mission and was there 24 Dec 42 to 31 Dec 42, and the DynamicMiss (the only way to get that assignment) is only supposed to assign it in mid January, 1942. It should still function though. Also, for Comder's assignment, when a person calls in with a Status Update, the mission is supposed to come from the DynamicMiss.cfg file. However, there are no Kurile assignments in the DynamicMiss list... very strange. So we want to sort this for certain.

Edit: I'm bringing part of Comder's PM in here:So this brings the question "Were the other circles still on the map as you were getting new assignments?
Uhm, yeah.. I goofed on the dates... was 24/01/42 - 31/01/42... I think I said Dec. of that year...

1. boat I have, is Sargo class... & is the USS Spearfish.
2. As previously stated, had finished off on 'Patrol 6 days, Basilan passage', right after that, I (said in E.T.'s voice...) phone... home... got assigned to patrol Sibutu passage, for 6 days... overall, have sunk 3 merchie's & 3 warships. 2 of those merchie's, were the 1st vict... urhm... volunteers, to fall to My wrath... I did a contact message & got a sub objective to sink them, using My discretion on target to hit.. I sunk both merchie's.

3. Mod mix, is pretty much as discussed on flaminus' thread... & via dm's here on subsim & discord with you, propbeanie... list, is as follows:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Games\Silent-Hunter\SH4-Steam\steamapps\common\SH4-megamods\FotRS-U-EN remix\MODS]

FotRSU-EN v1.46
Nippon v1.2.1
452_MoonlightzSonarLines
901_Strategic_Map_Symbols
FOTRSUv1.46 Sub skins 4k
EAX_SoundSim_FOTRSU_1.46
Speech overhaul mod - add after EAX
New Sounds Interior-Officer Quarters mod
International Radio mod
Fleetboat Interior-Officers Quarters_FOTRSU v1.39 EN
Z01-Flaminus Add-on for FotRSU 1.46
802_TMO_torp_tex_FotRSU
851_Yel_FotRSU_Logo
Sea life SH4
Magnified HUD dials v1.5 - Medium
TMONewDepthChargesType2
2-MM's Gramophone music mix

Is the battleflag mod I want to use, but with patrol 1.. never ran into any ships, so.. have waited until I sank some shipping (which thus far, as mentioned... I have a 3 & 3 kill count now..

Have a couple of other tex mods, optimized for v1.46 that I didn't add in before I started My career that I'm considering including after I dock.

On that side note question of yours, propbeanie... Yeah, the circle for basilan passage patrol was still on the map, but flipped from green to red, on completion... the only other objective prior to that 1, was dropping off supplies at Marvielles in the Philippines.. & picked up some... hitch hikers, @ the south docks. No issues with those circles there, either...

M. M.

Old 06-12-21, 06:51 AM   #3382
propbeanie

yes yes.... ... this thinking stuff hurts my head. But it will be interesting to see what boat Comder confirms sailing... the biggest part of the "qualified" part of the above post is that I had issues with getting the Sargo to work in a test mission, and I was using a Salmon instead... - The Salmon and the Sargo are nearly identical... - this does delay the Preview release...

Old 06-12-21, 10:18 AM   #3383
Comder
Commander

Good Morning Gentlemen,

Propbeanie,
I am in command of the USS Normandy, Titan class.
I received missions by radioing my status at the end of each mission. I then received the assignments from command.
Yes all the circles are displayed of the previous missions. I could see they where overlapping.

mods;

[C:\Games\FOTRSU1.46\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.46_EN
Nippon_Maru_v1.2.1
Titan_Normandy_FOTRS_V146
452_MoonlightzSonarLines

hope this helps

Thanks

Comder

Windows 10 Pro

Warship? What warship?
Old 06-12-21, 12:23 PM   #3384
propbeanie

@ Comder: Yes, it does - thank you. I had forgotten the Titan... do you remember which submarine it replaced in the Roster by chance?

I do (reasonably) know what happened with the Sargo though in my test mission, and I do not know if the game handles this the same way, but the configuration on the Sargo in the mission was 19380101, and it is not an active submarine until 19390207, but I am reasonably certain that the game does not do that, but only uses the day of origination as the player submarine's configuration date...

@ Mad Mardigan: Are you reasonably certain of the assignment date being 19420124? aka: 24 January, 1942? Does the green circle in my screen grab above reasonably well reflect where your patrol circle was?

Thanks fellows...

Old 06-12-21, 02:03 PM   #3385
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
I am in command of the USS Normandy, Titan class.

[C:\Games\FOTRSU1.46\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.46_EN
Nippon_Maru_v1.2.1
Titan_Normandy_FOTRS_V146
452_MoonlightzSonarLines

Comder
pardon my ignorance, what is a Titan Class submarine and where would i find that mod, Titan_Normandy_FOTRS_V146?

i performed a search and received 199 hits...just within the Mods Forum!

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-21, 05:07 PM   #3386
Mios 4Me
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 38

Quote:
As for the "minimized" SH4 that doesn't open, if you think about it next time, see if you don't have a 2nd session of SH4.exe running in the Task Manager. Another thing to look for is to make certain the "Disable fullscreen optimizations" is turned off, or has a checkmark in its box. You might have to do that High DPI thingie also... Windows tries to trip me up each time there is an update lately...
Thought it might be related to restarting the game too soon, but no, there's no second session running for sure on the latest instance.

I'm running Win 10 pro and the Disable Fullscreen Optimization menu apparently no longer exists in the Display menu and its submenus.

Could you elaborate on the High DPI thingie approach?
Mios 4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-21, 05:52 PM   #3387
propbeanie

This is the post where I did a picture of my one Windows 10 machine. I have another picture in a post I can't find and that has the other machine, with the top "Program DPI" box ticked:

SH4 won't start after recent Win10 update by billkunert

We have 3 machines with Windows10 and their own copy of SH4 (disk, disk, Ubisoft), and all three have different boxes ticked... go figure. All are Intel-based builds, but all have different video sub-systems, with the laptop having onboard Intel, the old Core2 Quad desktop with an older 560ti, and the i7 with dual GTX980 cards... Your mileage may vary.

Old 06-12-21, 07:52 PM   #3388
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:
I do (reasonably) know what happened with the Sargo though in my test mission, and I do not know if the game handles this the same way, but the configuration on the Sargo in the mission was 19380101, and it is not an active submarine until 19390207, but I am reasonably certain that the game does not do that, but only uses the day of origination as the player submarine's configuration date...

@ Mad Mardigan: Are you reasonably certain of the assignment date being 19420124? aka: 24 January, 1942? Does the green circle in my screen grab above reasonably well reflect where your patrol circle was?

Thanks fellows...
Ahoy, propbeanie...

Yeah, am definitely certain on the dates... I went back into the game, looked at the list, as I use the following format to carbon date stamp the saves as I roll on them.:

M1-A P-2 24/01/42 22:30 hrs

M1-A, refers to My guy I name, at the start of a career...

P-2 (or any other #) refers to what patrol I am on with said guy...

For date in game.... I go with the format that was used back then, from what I know of it... day, month followed by year.. last 2 digits.

Time stamp, is done up in the military tradition... 22 hundred 30 hours...

When I initially reported, I kinda.. was in a hurry, as I was wanting to get that reported so I could then hit the rack & sack out.. aka meaning I was in a hurry so I could report it & grab some sleep...

by the time I realized My snafu... was too late to edit it to correctly reflect the right date, in game... you had done grabbed the info & ran with it...

As for the date... Yes.. I am now dead certain.. left base on the 15th... rolled into Basilan on the 17th, after hot footing it from Surabaya to Manila(where I dropped off supplies/picked up those pesky hitch hikers... ) , then to Basilan, did a 6 day patrol there... successfully.. all circles for Manila/Basilan showed up as they should... & changed from green to red. Left Basilan passage & sedately cruised from there to Sibutu passage at 3rd speed... standard, if I am recalling that rightly.. about a day to cruise from there to Sibutu... where I started the 6 day patrol of Sibutu on the morning of the 24th.... of January, 42...

As for the circle & it's location in your snapshot.. Yes, it matches up with what I have there on the Nav map, for Myself...

It is NOW... the 31st, of January.. & have not gotten the all clear bell, for completing that objective...

On a side note.. am about ready to hot foot it back to Surabaya, resupply before they demolish the base... & see of going back to Sibutu.. to see if that doesn't clean the clock on it... so I can phone home & either get another objective to go to... or get told to head back to base.

M. M.

Old 06-12-21, 08:05 PM   #3389
Comder
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
pardon my ignorance, what is a Titan Class submarine and where would i find that mod, Titan_Normandy_FOTRS_V146?

i performed a search and received 199 hits...just within the Mods Forum!

Good Day,

The Titan is a sub mod by SilverWolf. The Normandy version of the titan was done by Marka Ragnos. I believe I have that correct. I have taken the modded sub and made it compatible with FOTRS with each release. I enjoy using the sub to just do hail mary's with single missions. Nothing like doing the Midway mission and no Japanese warships left afloat.

Propbeanie, I added the sub into the campaign mode of the game. I re-do the campaign files with each release of FOTRS. I have never removed or replace a sub. if you would like my campaign files you can see what I do. I have all of SilverWolf's subs added to the campaign files, but not the subs themselves. I only use the Titan. I find I do not have the time in the day to edit all the subs to be compatible. Although the typhoon might be interesting.
Let me know.

Thanks

Comder

Windows 10 Pro

Warship? What warship?
Old 06-12-21, 10:18 PM   #3390
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Ahoy, propbeanie...

Yeah, am definitely certain on the dates... I went back into the game, looked at the list, as I use the following format to carbon date stamp the saves as I roll on them.:

M1-A P-2 24/01/42 22:30 hrs

M1-A, refers to My guy I name, at the start of a career...

P-2 (or any other #) refers to what patrol I am on with said guy...

For date in game.... I go with the format that was used back then, from what I know of it... day, month followed by year.. last 2 digits.

Time stamp, is done up in the military tradition... 22 hundred 30 hours...

When I initially reported, I kinda.. was in a hurry, as I was wanting to get that reported so I could then hit the rack & sack out.. aka meaning I was in a hurry so I could report it & grab some sleep...

by the time I realized My snafu... was too late to edit it to correctly reflect the right date, in game... you had done grabbed the info & ran with it...

As for the date... Yes.. I am now dead certain.. left base on the 15th... rolled into Basilan on the 17th, after hot footing it from Surabaya to Manila(where I dropped off supplies/picked up those pesky hitch hikers... ) , then to Basilan, did a 6 day patrol there... successfully.. all circles for Manila/Basilan showed up as they should... & changed from green to red. Left Basilan passage & sedately cruised from there to Sibutu passage at 3rd speed... standard, if I am recalling that rightly.. about a day to cruise from there to Sibutu... where I started the 6 day patrol of Sibutu on the morning of the 24th.... of January, 42...

As for the circle & it's location in your snapshot.. Yes, it matches up with what I have there on the Nav map, for Myself...

It is NOW... the 31st, of January.. & have not gotten the all clear bell, for completing that objective...

On a side note.. am about ready to hot foot it back to Surabaya, resupply before they demolish the base... & see of going back to Sibutu.. to see if that doesn't clean the clock on it... so I can phone home & either get another objective to go to... or get told to head back to base.

M. M.

Big thing then, you were appropriately assigned the mission on the 22nd / 23rd is what it sounds like... What I am experiencing, and it doesn't matter whether I build a mission, or do multiple Status Updates near areas I know have more missions, but after the 3rd mission or objective completion, it seems to get dicey as to whether the next one (4th) Objective will complete. I have not had a 3rd mission not complete, and on the 4th, it seems to be about a 66% OK, with the 5th being a 50-50 & the sixth being a 1 in three chance of completing. I do not remember having seen this before, neither in FotRSU nor any other mod or Stock. I now wonder if you and Comder can look at your OS build info please. Click on your Windows Start button (lower-left of course), Settings, Update & Security. You'll probably have to scroll down a bit n the next page to click on OS Build Info, and then scroll down on that page a bit to see "Windows Specifications" - which you might not have, if you haven't updated lately. Under that is a "Copy" button (with the recent updates) that you can click on, and then "Paste" into your next post. Mine looks like:
Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 21H1
Installed on ‎5/‎17/‎2020
OS build 19043.1052
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3740.0
The "Version" and "OS build" lines are what I am most curious about for the both of your computers.

Quote:
Good Day,

The Titan is a sub mod by SilverWolf. The Normandy version of the titan was done by Marka Ragnos. I believe I have that correct. I have taken the modded sub and made it compatible with FOTRS with each release. I enjoy using the sub to just do hail mary's with single missions. Nothing like doing the Midway mission and no Japanese warships left afloat.

Propbeanie, I added the sub into the campaign mode of the game. I re-do the campaign files with each release of FOTRS. I have never removed or replace a sub. if you would like my campaign files you can see what I do. I have all of SilverWolf's subs added to the campaign files, but not the subs themselves. I only use the Titan. I find I do not have the time in the day to edit all the subs to be compatible. Although the typhoon might be interesting.
Let me know.

Thanks

Comder
OK, so you have the pre-built mod then, which is good. All you are doing is putting the Titan sub in place of a slot in the Flotilla, or maybe copying one and putting it in. You have all of your original FotRSU boats then, in the Submarine folder, in addition to the Titan subs. We don't have to worry about that. The regular campaign files in the Data Campaigns Campaign folder are just the layers. The actual mission assignment files are in the PatrolObjectives folder in that Campaign folder. They are "called" by the PatrolObjectives file when the Flotillas file asks for a given ID Code. However, after you complete the first assignment you get at the base, and then do a Status Update, that will then poll the DynamicMiss.cfg file for an assignment that is within a given distance from where you are at that particular point in time, and that is within the constraints of the current date in-game. Both of you fellows mission assignments function as intended in isolation. But if I add more to them, or just use the Status Update, as noted above, once I have done three missions or more, the odds for getting what you experienced go up. Now, while testing for the v1.46 release, I made a couple of "super missions", where I combined a bunch of new missions together, and would just do the Objectives one after the other, with the one mission having 8 Objectives. I never had a bit of trouble. I have done one of those now three times, and it varies as to when things fail to complete. The DynamicMiss has not been changed since the v1.46 release, but I'll be doing the old spreadsheet trick and try to find an anomaly in it tomorrow.

But I am curious about a potential Windows interference, since the last update "trashed" all three of my installs' configurations, and I had to alter their Properties pages to get the game to function... SubSim member mazzi a while back mentioned adding the FotRSU version of the game to the Windows registry with running TDW's SH Validator, and I experimented with adding my v1.39 & v1.46 installs to the Windows "Path" statement, and that does make a difference in game play and some effects. My current "testing" and "modding" installs do not have that, so I'll also see if maybe that will make a difference also... all I know is that it is weird, whatever it is.

Last edited by propbeanie; 06-12-21 at 10:27 PM.