Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-01-13, 09:38 PM   #1
sirbum69
Navy Dude

Downloads: 127
Uploads: 0
Default Torpedos just spin in circles

What would cause all my torps to just leave the sub and then start into a circle pattern. I was sitting about 700m from a destroyer that was at all stop, I was almost facing him except he was about 30 degrees off my left side and facing left.

So I put in 35 degrees aob port, 700 range. I fired 4 torps and everyone of them left the sub, went about 10 m and then started doing circles. never once went towards the ship.

on my TAI map the dotted line which is the torps suspected path was pointing right at the ship I wanted to hit, but they never went that path.

Could this be from a mod. I know I have the dark torpedo mod for something, not sure if that is the problem.
sirbum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-13, 10:37 PM   #2
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

sounds like you enabled my torpedo patches using my Generic Patcher but failed to install the modified torpedoes.sim file for the patches There is a reason why the Files= entry for the patch doesn't say None in the Generic Patcher
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-13, 10:02 AM   #3
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
sounds like you enabled my torpedo patches using my Generic Patcher but failed to install the modified torpedoes.sim file for the patches There is a reason why the Files= entry for the patch doesn't say None in the Generic Patcher
Frankly, I'm tired of answering this question several times a day..
People just don't want to read or look inside attentively

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-13, 10:23 AM   #4
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
Frankly, I'm tired of answering this question several times a day..
People just don't want to read or look inside attentively
So am I

I modified the Generic Patcher app so that it would be easy to find the needed files/notes/pictures for each patch. Simply click the Files=, Notes=, or Pictures= to see what you need. I can't make it any simpler than this
Old 07-02-13, 03:42 PM   #5
sirbum69
Navy Dude

well alright then I wont ask anymore questions. funny though I did a search last night before posting and found nothing on torps going in circles.

as for the patcher, im use to the old one that just did the click to enable true or false, didn't know there was something new to it.

last time I used the damn thing it was .02 SH patcher.

Thanks and have a great day
Old 07-02-13, 03:46 PM   #6
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

I wasn't trying to be rude just simply stating the facts

Open each patch node and you'll see entries saying Files=, Notes=, and Pictures= along with the regular nodes. Double clicking those will launch the appropriate app on your computer to view them. That's how I convey the needed information for the patch now If people fail to read/look then they will have self-induced problems.
Old 07-02-13, 04:06 PM   #7
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I wasn't trying to be rude just simply stating the facts
So am I

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
Old 07-02-13, 04:17 PM   #8
sirbum69
Navy Dude

yeh well I just did exactly that and the only patch nodes I saw with entries to notes, files, etc was for something calling for the menu.txt entry.

I went through every torpedo one and not one of them says anything other then "NONE" under notes, files, dependency

So not to sure how it is that I missed files that were to be used. When it says NONE

Edit:torppatch.JPG
ill attach a pic of what I mean
Old 07-02-13, 05:00 PM   #9
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

What version do you use?

Old 07-02-13, 05:00 PM   #10
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

what version are you using? The latest is v1.0.119.0

Ah, I know why you aren't seeing them. You deleted the MODS folder from the app's main folder didn't you? Just some FYI all the folders I include with the app are important or I wouldn't include them.
Old 07-02-13, 05:31 PM   #11
sirbum69
Navy Dude

No I didn't delete them, I moved them out to the main window of the mod enabler so that they would be enabled.

I have the patcher inside the mod enabler, I followed a tutorial on here that said to do it this way so that if there is a change all you have to do is disable the mods, make the change and then renable the mods.

Being those folders were inside a folder called mods I moved the torpedo one out into the main mods folder.

But I was pretty sure I had enabled it by itself.

Either way I just ran the tutorial tdc and the torps worked just fine. well one didn't go off on magnetic but another did. so margin of error is in there as well

here are some screens of my folder. you can see that I actually do have the mods folder inside you app folder and still it doesn't show what your pic shows.patcher.JPG yourappfolder.JPG
Old 04-03-15, 08:34 AM   #12
nonakosa
Watch

Downloads: 196

Hello,
I also have the problem where my topedos all go in circles after applying this patch. I can see that this may be a touchy subject, so I will try and be careful about how I ask my questions. I used the following instructions to install and use the patcher:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...54&postcount=2
This was the only set of instructions that I could find pertaining to the current version of the patcher. It also says nothing about enabling the patcher or anything else with jsgme, and in fact explicitly says that the patcher is a stand alone app that should not be enabled with jsgme. I think this may be the first point of confusion.

While looking for a fix for the circling torpedos I found this thread that seems to imply that something should be done with the files associated with the patches, but never really says if that's true, or what should be done with them. I have all of the files that came with the patcher exactly as they were extracted - I have not moved anything out of the folders. When I look at the torpedo fixes in the patcher, the file that is associated with them is there, but what to do with it? Should it be extracted and moved into my MODS directory? Should it be extracted and left in place? Should I just leave it alone? Is the "THEBERBSTER " tutorial inaccurate in that I should be running this patcher out of my MODS directory and enabling with jsgme?

I do apologize if I am asking the same old questions again, I am just looking for the correct information.

Thanks,
SMH
nonakosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-15, 09:32 AM   #13
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi nonakosa

Quote > Is the "THEBERBSTER " tutorial inaccurate in that I should be running this patcher out of my MODS directory and enabling with jsgme?

The Tutorial is correct.

The patcher has nothing to do with JSGME or the Mods directory.

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-16, 03:23 PM   #14
Heinvandah
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 2

Are we Talking about deleting the mod folder or the 7zip file this patch is referring too? Im not a programing-ologist so I have no Idea.

Heinvandah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-21, 09:47 AM   #15
LordWabbit
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 15
Default How can you make it easier?

This might be 10 or so years late, but if you want to know how you could make it easier is to make something that is dependent on something else REQUIRED.

Instead of having to click through each and every bloody node to find dependencies.
LordWabbit is offline   Reply With Quote