SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-22-21, 06:05 AM   #16
vickers03
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 705
Uploads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan
EAX sound simulation (not sure if to go with this or to go with: speech overhaul or to use both, with 1 going in before the other... )
EAX sound sim and speech overhaul can be used together (order doesn't matter).
vickers03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-21, 01:55 PM   #17
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0313 View Post
United States Submarines in WW2 didn't have Warrant Officers on board. So that whole rank should be removed from any mod. Just didn't happen.
We covered that already.

deadhorse.gif

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-21, 08:48 PM   #18
flaminus
Sparky

Downloads: 502
Uploads: 5
radar

The warrent officers originated from the game itself and perhaps next release will find a proper way to remove them. Actually, the existence of "warrent officers" or not will have no influence of the game mechanism since they are merely "appearance".

The most important change made by this mod is the "conning tower and radar mount", which has not been fully tested due to the limitation of my own time. It should work fine and any report on this point during your career playing, both good and bad news, will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by flaminus; 05-22-21 at 09:08 PM.
flaminus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-21, 09:11 PM   #19
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaminus View Post
The warrent officers originated from the game itself and perhaps next release will find a proper way to remove them. Actually, the existence of "warrent officers" or not will have no influence of the game mechanism since they are merely "appearance".

The most important change made by this mod is the "conning tower and radar mount", which has not been fully tested due to the limitation of my own time. It should work fine and any report on this point during your career playing, both good and bad news, will be greatly appreciated.
Just started a career, so will be a short bit, before I advance yet enough to get to that point. but.. will keep you appraised, if it is still needed, at that point in time, Flaminus.

After getting some... advisement, have things activated & so far.. so good.

M. M.

Old 05-22-21, 09:41 PM   #20
flaminus
Sparky

Many thanks M.M. and wish your new career happy and fruitful.
Old 06-08-21, 01:47 PM   #21
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO Re: Update...

Quote:
Many thanks M.M. and wish your new career happy and fruitful.
hoy, flaminus...

Just wanted to take a bit & give an update on how things are going...

With the set up that I am running, everything is going swimmingly, thus far. Will admit, for a short bit, of some... concerns on the ship traffic, early on in patrol 1, I saw a whole influx of U.S. ship traffic I kept running into. I did see a Chitose tender, with an accompanying Minekaze destroyer. Radioed in & got told to let them go on their way, unmolested... that other resources would be assigned to them... *slight frown* That, didn't sit well with Me or the boys.. I closed in as close as I could & sent 2 fish off at the Chitose, before I disengaged. Suffice it to say, the snap shot I took on sending those 2 fish... missed. only 1 came near to making a hit.. & that was near the tail end of the tender. The other fish, the 1st I sent at it.. went well aft of target. (which tells Me, that dud option, is working as well as the add in files that govern torp dud rates.. which, is all good. ) After that, was nothing but a slew full of U.S., Brit & Netherland traffic that I ran across after those 2 IJN ships. I ended the patrol, after hitting 45 days out & made an end run to the new base, which by then was set to Surabaya...

Flash forward to patrol 2... still out of Surabaya, as it has not yet fallen. Complete 3-4 objectives... 1 of those being the initial one on heading out.. objective 4, has Me patrolling the Sibutu passage... when what to My wondering eyes appeared... 2 IJN merchies... halleluiahs.. relief as I was starting to seriously wonder if the traffic wasn't borked... with the un in with IJN shipping, even with it being merchies... was a very much welcome relief.

No idea which 1 of the mods it is responsible, but... loved the near to realistic manner in which the Ada Maru, went under... can't say about the Taisohan, as it sank rather quickly, after 1 shooting it. I do have realistic ship sinking times, selected by the way... am running with 100% realism settings... though I do have the event cam on... which I had to do some... creative editing of the percentages in GameplaySettings, or was it the main.cfg file... was 1 of the 2... at any rate, is My only vanity selection in the settings before having started out on patrol 1 that I chose to go with... the joy of watching a ship go under.. while not having the boat at peri depth.. & doing evasive maneuvers...

Any way, long & short... everything looks to be working as it should & just wanted to give you a heads up.. I appreciate the work that went into your mod add in...

Many thanks...

M. M., signing off...

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 06-09-21 at 01:46 AM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-21, 04:17 PM   #22
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Remember though MM, the Event Camera does not cost any realism by default, since that is the only way to know the enemy has shot a torpedo your way in FotRSU. Think of that as an "Incoming Torpedo!!!" warning.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-21, 07:39 PM   #23
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO Re: Event cam...

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Remember though MM, the Event Camera does not cost any realism by default, since that is the only way to know the enemy has shot a torpedo your way in FotRSU. Think of that as an "Incoming Torpedo!!!" warning.
Ahoy, propbeanie...

Much thanks for your timely assist on mod order advice...

Yeah, not sure if that does exactly or not... will check on that taking a peak at My pristine 'Gold standard' virgin copy of SH4 that I have, squirreled away... to know for certain.. 1 way of the other.

What I do know is... some decry the use of it & promote, rather vehemently at that, the use of it as... unrealistic (*said in a Shiev Palpatine voice...* The dark side of the force is a pathway to many abilities, some considered to be... unnatural ) . Just as they do what with using the free cam mode, as well.

Me, I love taking a quick peek, at the carnage I've brought about, even though it is on pixilated enemies... & taking snap shots. For posterities sake... & some I use as desktop background as well as slide show use for screen saver mode.

Have gotten some pretty good snaps here & there... some that I look at later & think My god.. what was I thinking when I snapped that shot... Not many in that latter category... but, enough to have asked Myself that.

M. M.

Old 06-08-21, 10:05 PM   #24
flaminus
Sparky

Thanks for your update information, M. M.
Old 06-09-21, 01:47 AM   #25
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:
Thanks for your update information, M. M.