SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-07-21, 10:55 AM   #3361
Mios 4Me
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

It was free as of 8/11/43, IIRC.
Mios 4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-21, 11:37 AM   #3362
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Thanks. Hopefully, I'll be back on that this evening.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-21, 07:05 PM   #3363
flaminus
Sparky

Downloads: 502
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I am still studying the single 40mm gun. Did you purchase it, or was it a freeby after 1943-08-01?
Ahoy PB, I check the "UpgradePacks.upc" file and it demonstrates that all the AA guns are free~
flaminus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-21, 10:24 PM   #3364
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Default 1.46 Tulagi Base

FOTRSU Team,

are the forward bases safe to use as "home" bases? For example:
Tulagi - FI
Milne Bay - MB
Majuro Atoll - MO
Manus Island - MI

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\FOTRSU 1.46\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.46_EN

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-21, 04:53 AM   #3365
WH4K
Frogman

Downloads: 56
Default More Balao problems

Upgraded to FotRSUE 1.46. After successful patrols with a Gato class, I returned to Midway on 1/27/43 and was offered an upgrade.

If I accept, I get a Balao-class (unimaginatively, the namesake boat of the class). It has a couple problems:

1) consumes no diesel, I zoomed around the Pacific for weeks at flank without dropping below 99/100.

2) Flying Dutchman effect. Though I was forced to Brisbane as my homeport, and it does have the tilted anchor symbol, I can't "End Patrol" there. Only rearm/refuel or postpone.
Old 06-08-21, 07:16 AM   #3366
Mios 4Me
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH4K View Post
Upgraded to FotRSUE 1.46. After successful patrols with a Gato class, I returned to Midway on 1/27/43 and was offered an upgrade.

If I accept, I get a Balao-class (unimaginatively, the namesake boat of the class). It has a couple problems:

1) consumes no diesel, I zoomed around the Pacific for weeks at flank without dropping below 99/100.

2) Flying Dutchman effect. Though I was forced to Brisbane as my homeport, and it does have the tilted anchor symbol, I can't "End Patrol" there. Only rearm/refuel or postpone.
Wow, that's a very premature Balao and possibly the source of your troubles. From the Submarine Availability Chart in the Support -> Extra Info section, the Balao shouldn't be accepted before 5/24/43.

To be more precise, the fuel usage stops tracking sometime in late 1942/early 1943.
Mios 4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-21, 08:08 AM   #3367
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH4K View Post

this is a known problem: early assignment of Balao in 1942-43 as well as the Tench in the following years.
the boat might become available before its time due to a kaleun deserving an upgrade, not all of the equipment on that boat is available, as well as other issues. you are lucky that you did not encounter a CTD as others have.

it is probably best for you to return to your previous Gato via a Savefolder and continue your career until the Balao is officially available later in 1943 as Mios4Me has indicated.

LAA enabled

Last edited by KaleunMarco; 06-08-21 at 05:51 PM.
Old 06-08-21, 09:08 AM   #3368
WH4K
Frogman

Downloads: 56

yep, I restarted from my last Gato save before hitting port, refused upgrade.
Old 06-08-21, 04:23 PM   #3369
propbeanie

Yes, an early boat "award" can indeed screw the game up, even when we supply missions. Why you ended up at Brisbane instead of San Francisco is beyond me though... That's where you should have landed that early...

@ KM: Forward bases that are available, should all be usable... We will be attempting to put Darwin online this next release, but then again, maybe not. The work is taking a bit of effort. It might just be a "skeleton" activation...

@ flaminus: Thanks, I am familiar with that, and I'm just looking for any potential back door ways for a gun to get messed-up in the files, besides bad save data...

Old 06-08-21, 10:10 PM   #3370
flaminus
Sparky

Downloads: 502
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I'm just looking for any potential back door ways for a gun to get messed-up in the files, besides bad save data...
Haha, hoping there is no more "back door ways"...
flaminus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-21, 10:52 PM   #3371
Comder
Commander

Downloads: 83
Default Eternal Patrol?

Good Evening Gentlemen,

Propbeanie, my report. I do not mean to question mission orders. I would just like to know how long a 5 day mission is suppose to last? I am on day 40 of that mission. All my supplies are running low. I began this 5 day mission to patrol near Attu. This is mission 5 of the patrol. My location: Long 172 40" E. Lat 50 48" N . I started this mission on 10/16/1942. The date is now 11/25/1942. I can not complete my patrol due to low supplies. I am forced to return to pearl.
Lt Commander out

Sorry could not resist. Just letting you know, I was on my 3rd patrol, mission 5 around Attu. I started to notice I had been patrolling too long. I check my dates, I was way past 5 days. Tried different courses, still could not get mission completed. After 40+ days, I returned to base and ended my 3rd patrol. I wanted to let you know encase it is a bug.

If you need to know anything further, I did not delete the saved file this time. LOL

Thanks

Comder

Asus ROG Strix Scar G732LXS-XS99
I9 10th GEN, 32gb MEM, RX2080 8GB nvidia, 2TB SSD
Windows 10 Pro

Warship? What warship?
Comder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-21, 07:37 AM   #3372
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaminus View Post
Haha, hoping there is no more "back door ways"...
You are not the only one... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comder View Post
Good Evening Gentlemen,

Propbeanie, my report. I do not mean to question mission orders. I would just like to know how long a 5 day mission is suppose to last? I am on day 40 of that mission. All my supplies are running low. I began this 5 day mission to patrol near Attu. This is mission 5 of the patrol. My location: Long 172 40" E. Lat 50 48" N . I started this mission on 10/16/1942. The date is now 11/25/1942. I can not complete my patrol due to low supplies. I am forced to return to pearl.
Lt Commander out

Sorry could not resist. Just letting you know, I was on my 3rd patrol, mission 5 around Attu. I started to notice I had been patrolling too long. I check my dates, I was way past 5 days. Tried different courses, still could not get mission completed. After 40+ days, I returned to base and ended my 3rd patrol. I wanted to let you know encase it is a bug.

If you need to know anything further, I did not delete the saved file this time. LOL

Thanks

Comder
Yes, I would like to see your Save Folder here, if you can post it somewhere and then send me a link via PM please. The main thing I am after is the ID of the assigned mission, which if you want to look yourself and let me know, that would work almost as well. Open the Save folder where ever you have it, and navigate into the "data" then "cfg" folders, then "SaveGames". Inside that folder will be multiple folders numbered such as "00000000" and "0000000a" and the like. Those are "hex" numbers, so use the digits 0-9 and the letters a-f. Look at the "Date Modified" column heading, and find the folder with the most recent date / time, and open that folder. This might not be the bottom folder in the list. Inside that most recently modified folder is a file named "CareerTrack.upc". Open that with a text editor, such as Notepad or Notepad++, and look for a line "PlayerCurrentObjectives=IDxxx" (about 35 lines down), where the "IDxxx" would be a 2 or 3 digit number, such as "ID281" or similar. If you can find that, I can check the mission it points to. Or just link me to the file set is fine, also. Thanks

Old 06-10-21, 09:31 PM   #3373
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Default Small item with Brisbane to Milne Bay Bases

On my last (fifth) patrol out of Brisbane to deliver 32 tons of cargo to Mindanao,(departing 11/25/43) in Gato I returned to Brisbane on 12/19/43 only to find that the base (tilted anchor) had been changed to Milne Bay. I reviewed all communications since the start of the patrol and had no Operational notice of a base change. I was able to successfully end the mission by making it to Milne Bay.

It just seems strange to get a base change without receiving a notice first.

Also, following the first GATO patrol from Brisbane leaving there on 5/11/1943, upon my return on 5/16/43 to Brisbane I was offered an Instructor position at Annapolis, which I declined and paid a penalty in Renown. I don't think it was because of bad performance. My tonnoges per patrol were in the 50,000+ range, with the lowest to date at around 31 k, with ALL objectives met to date. Then after the third patrol, on 9/22/43 I was offered a new boat, which I also declined, apparently without penalty. This was followed by the fifth patrol that included the base change noted above. I will continue this career in Gato now out of Milne Bay.

Just wanted you all to know...

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 05:45 AM   #3374
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comder View Post
Good Evening Gentlemen,

Lt Commander out

Thanks

Comder
jumping in here even though PB has requested additional info.....

knowing the mission ID is important because that will help to understand what your patrol radius is.

i suspect that you are patrolling outside of your patrol radius and because of that you are not accruing time-on-patrol which is why you and your valiant crew are on patrol for 40 days without receiving a mission-accomplished.

use Notepad, open your CareerTrack.upc file from any save folder since you were in port last and reply back with the line PlayerCurrentObjectives=IDxxx.

LAA enabled
Old 06-11-21, 10:25 AM   #3375
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO Re: Patrol radii...

Ahoy, team...

Just a suggestive thought... with patrols, maybe see of having those circles denoting just where the patrolling is to be done, as well as drop off/pick up missions... of having them. As I said, just a thought...

M. M.