SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-23-21, 06:55 PM   #1
Rolyvax
Nub

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Icon9 I can't use any mods on steam version.

Hello, sorry if this topic resolved before. I tried everything in order to mod the SH5. TWOS megapack was the only mod that worked so far. It has a steam conversion tool in it for TDW Generic Patcher. But I want to explore other kinds of mods too. I tried to do this

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...&postcount=161

But I couldn't open cabinet file viewer no matter how many times I've tried. I always get the mscomctl.ocx error. But included fix on the link does not work sadly. I've copied it under SysWOW64 folder and tried to register it. No luck. Could someone help me please? I am trying to solve it for 5 days.

Thank you!
Rolyvax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-21, 07:03 PM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Rolyvax!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-21, 09:18 PM   #3
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolyvax View Post
Hello, sorry if this topic resolved before. I tried everything in order to mod the SH5. TWOS megapack was the only mod that worked so far. It has a steam conversion tool in it for TDW Generic Patcher. But I want to explore other kinds of mods too. I tried to do this

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...&postcount=161

But I couldn't open cabinet file viewer no matter how many times I've tried. I always get the mscomctl.ocx error. But included fix on the link does not work sadly. I've copied it under SysWOW64 folder and tried to register it. No luck. Could someone help me please? I am trying to solve it for 5 days.

Thank you!
what mods are you interest in,are you planning to play with TWoS and use other mods with it,shouldnt have too use cabinet file viewer i use JSGME just drop the mod in the mod folder and enable it in JSGME
Old 05-24-21, 01:41 AM   #4
Rolyvax
Nub

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=190656

Basically I just tried these recommended mods. I tried using them with TWoS but couldn't make them work. I also tried loading them with JSGME (without TWoS) and yet no luck again.
Old 05-24-21, 01:47 AM   #5
Rolyvax
Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Rolyvax!
Thank you!
Old 05-24-21, 05:48 AM   #6
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolyvax View Post
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=190656

Basically I just tried these recommended mods. I tried using them with TWoS but couldn't make them work. I also tried loading them with JSGME (without TWoS) and yet no luck again.
Hi Rolyvax,

First off, a word of warning: the modlist you linked is 10 years old, meaning a lot of these are either included in, or incompatible with, TWoS which as I understand you also want to use. Installing all of them over TWoS will break your game.

I'm using steam version too, and JGSME appears to work fine for me for installing mods, so it's not a problem with steam version but something with your installation of the game. I'd start with reinstalling it (make sure it's not installed on the same partition as your system, this can cause issues with SH5, and make sure your Silent Hunter 5 folder is not write protected), and installing JGSME again (no TWoS. If you go with TWoS it already has JGSME included). Try running some 1 mod then, not entire list, and see whether it works.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-21, 08:38 AM   #7
Rolyvax
Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
Hi Rolyvax,

First off, a word of warning: the modlist you linked is 10 years old, meaning a lot of these are either included in, or incompatible with, TWoS which as I understand you also want to use. Installing all of them over TWoS will break your game.

I'm using steam version too, and JGSME appears to work fine for me for installing mods, so it's not a problem with steam version but something with your installation of the game. I'd start with reinstalling it (make sure it's not installed on the same partition as your system, this can cause issues with SH5, and make sure your Silent Hunter 5 folder is not write protected), and installing JGSME again (no TWoS. If you go with TWoS it already has JGSME included). Try running some 1 mod then, not entire list, and see whether it works.

Hi; Problem has solved. It appears to be my generic patcher was outdated! Thank you