SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-04-22, 06:01 PM   #16
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Kunos video, explaining the three new tracks in depth.

And I still think COTA is an extremely difficult track to drive.

Old 07-17-22, 09:13 PM   #17
Oubaas
Frogman

Downloads: 65

I have the original Assetto Corsa with all DLC and lots of mods. I'm waiting for Fanatec to get back up to speed on available stock, my old Fanatec wheel and pedals have outlived their usefulness.

When I get my new Fanatec wheel and pedals, I want to pick up Competizione, Dirt Rally 2.0, and F1 2022 for some VR racing.

I may try Project Cars 3 and Automobilista 2 as well. There's a new kart racing sim out, too. I need to check that out.
Oubaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-22, 09:53 AM   #18
Skybird
Soaring

Kunos announced they will release a GT2 pack in 2023 with 7 cars, and plan to include finally all GT2 cars of the SRO season. They do not yet know whether this will be their farewell to the development of ACC or not. It could become too much for them to develope two major sims simultaneously (ACC and AC2).

Before that, all GT3 cars in ACC will get updates.

I checked Steam statistics some days ago. AC, ACC and RR all three still see a trend of rising player numbers over the years of their existence, until today, but I was surprised a bit by what huge margin AC Classic leads the numbers and almost tramples on the player bases of ACC and RR. And all three platforms' player numbers still grow, by tendency! AC clearly is king on the hill.
Old 11-06-23, 02:59 PM   #19
Skybird
Soaring

Demanded since 5 years, rumoured since a couple of months, now confirmed, I could freak out: in a what appears to be the farewell bid of Kunos to Assetto Corsa Competizione, the game will finally get as a last DLC the much wanted Nordschleife in its actual state. Hosianna and Halleluja!

"Oh happy days, oh happy day-hays..."

By now I must have logged several hundred laps on the Mord, only Spa I could drive as blindly and know as well. I could probably drive it at new moon and midnight with an overcast sky and without ambient or headlights.

The Nord at night in rain and thunderstorm in VR - ich werd' nicht mehr! . Or 24hr on the Nord, either in real time or accelerated day-night cycle, including fantastic sunsets and and sunrises and changing weather! What a great way to end the development cycle for this sim! And this 23 head team does it parrallel to developing Assetto Corsa 2. Shall nobody ever say again Kunos does not connect to its customers.

As little price to pay: Assetto Corsa 2 will be delayed a bit due to the completing of the last DLC for ACC. I think thats the correct decision, since ACC may be limited in scope, but inside this scope is the best sim out there, period. It deserves to go out with a loud and noisy Baboom-Mega-Bang!

The DLC is expected in spring 2024. It will also bring the GT2 class to ACC:

AC2 is expected to now be released in Early Access from sometime summer 2024 on.

Last edited by Skybird; 11-06-23 at 05:52 PM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-24, 09:15 AM   #20
Skybird
Soaring

Aris has left the ship. A giant in his field (car and tire physics).

Old 01-24-24, 01:17 PM   #21
Skybird
Soaring

GT2 class impacts on the A1 ring!

Old 01-25-24, 07:41 AM   #22
Skybird
Soaring

I drove half night through, its an excellent package they offer here. The track is beautifully done, and the car class feels just like I want it: alive, a lil' bit of "flying", it has you on your toes, it drives a bit "floaty" and less "on rails" like the other two GT classes. ACC still is my race sim of choice, and it looks beautifully and its physics are beyond doubt. The immersion you get in VR in ACC is hilariously high. Cant wait to challenge my fate on the Nordschleife in a few weeks. In severe thunderstorm with rain and lightning. At midnight.

Old 03-13-24, 04:17 PM   #23
Skybird
Soaring

ACC's Nordschleife comes on April 1st. The only question is:

Joke or no joke?

If I were them I would fear the wrath of the masses if it is just a joke, so I think its no joke.
Old 04-01-24, 09:10 AM   #24
Skybird
Soaring

Since ten minutes, Assetto Corsa Competizione is no longer what it once was!
Old 04-01-24, 10:49 AM   #25
Skybird
Soaring

A dream came true! This is no doubt the best-looking Nordschleife ever released on a computer, especially at night, the fans at the trackside make party and coloured lightshows since it is the 24H version of the Ring. It looks spectacular. Not less spectacular is to drive it in rain, under a cloudy, dark sky, and reflections on the tarmac.

This brings ACC's trackpool to now 25.

The wait was worth it.

If this was, as many suspect, ACC's swan song, than it is one that needs to be listened to.
Old 04-01-24, 03:53 PM   #26
Skybird
Soaring

I just logged ten laps in a row. This is stellar, outstanding. They nailed it: looks, physics, mood and feel - they have nailed it. Vegetation is denser and tithter than on other versions of the trskc I know, and replay in vR, which AC dioes only from fixed camera ngles on the trackside, no swinmging camera movement, show impressively how steep the track sometimes climbs and dives - of which you usually do not get aware. MY G2 headset and GTX1080 surprisingly handle it not better or worse than any other track in ACC, its not totally smooth, but smooth enough for me and in my book: fully playable, absolutely. High tech festioshists may frown their eyebrows - I must not care, right?

Also the lightning over the cause of the day works miracles and wonders with the vegetation near the track. This is really no comparison to other Nordschleifes in other sims I have seen in the past 15 years or so. I cant imagine to drive the Nordschleife in AC or Raceroom again any time soon. At night, with all that laser oght show and party ights and led chains and fire barrels, its surreal.

All my hopes have been surpassed.

And this: online races have 110 grid slots available. Wowh! You need the right machine for that, I assume.

Old 04-11-24, 01:44 PM   #27
Skybird
Soaring

One full day lap, parts of a night lap. Sim racing heaven, currently it does not get better.