SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-13-21, 01:17 PM   #16
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktor_Prien View Post
@kapuhy

Danke Herr Kaleun very useful information!
Do you have any idea why if the IIA is not playble, in the .cfg file instead is listed as playable? ( HumanPlayable=YES )
Is it used for some kind of sub-hacks maybe?
No idea what this parameter does, but it does not allow to select ship as playable unit (wchich would be impossible anyway without interior modeled).

Quote:
I'm making all these questions about the sub file structure because to import correctly the various files/3D stuffs I need to know, before, exactly what the current file structure is. Again thank you very much for your help and tips, very much appreciated here!
The information is, sadly, quite spread out over multiple threads on the forum. Here's few useful ones I had bookmarked:

GR2 Editor Thread:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=188290

TDW's thread on importing .dat format units into SH5, also contains lots of info on how SH5 damage system works:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...71#post1644371

"Complete Idiots Guide to Goblin Editor" (contrary to the title, very useful for non-idiots as well):

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=165805

Rosomaha's C3 Cargo Ship mod thread also contains lots of useful info on creating new units:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=245139
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-21, 01:37 PM   #17
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

Downloads: 313
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon777 View Post
Hi captains,

Sorry for interrupting such an interesting conversation, but I'd like to ask about the parameter for in-game smoke effects... is there any way to minimize the bug of "smoke puffs" by changing some cfg parameter manually??

Or its impossible due to such bug being seen even in stock game?
At least here I solved it using this simple small mod ( JSGME Ready, activate as the last ).
Note that I use TWOS Mod with only the official mods enabled ( Except for the one for my keybindings and the one who restore the Captain icon ) so if, when enabling it, you will get the alert info window by JSGME ( or rather that a mod you are using is already modifying the files of interest ) be careful because it may disrupt other mods.
I normally use this rule: If I do not know what I'm about to do, I don't do it.
Check also that your JSGME folder is in the right directory. ( Main Silent Hunter 5 folder )

Here you can find the little mod, that, at least here, have solved the problem with the smoke puffs resetting:

LINK ( MEGA ): https://mega.nz/folder/l0lXBCZb#zaCHga5t1NT3UxdWwjlQzA

Last edited by Viktor_Prien; 01-13-21 at 01:45 PM.
Viktor_Prien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-21, 01:39 PM   #18
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

@kapuhy

Thanks mate brilliant!
Old 01-13-21, 01:55 PM   #19
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

Sorry I was looking at the GR2 post but the download link is dead ( gamefront )...Any working link?

Ignore it, I've already found where is located.

Last edited by Viktor_Prien; 01-13-21 at 02:51 PM.
Old 01-13-21, 02:34 PM   #20
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Sorry I was looking at the GR2 post but the download link is dead ( gamefront )...Any working link?
As I understand, you use TWoS, right? If so, you have GR2 Editor already included in your data/applications/gr2editorviewer folder

EDIT: one more thing that will be useful if you plan to mod SH5 with TWoS:

1) go to data/applications/OptionsFileEditorViewer folder,
2) launch OptionsFileEditorViewer.exe,
3) open TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py
4) navigate to SOAN tab and change SOAN Enabled flag to false.
5) Save

This will drastically reduce TWoS loading time at the cost of disabling TWoS in-game ship recogniton manual. It will save you a lot of time if you need to relaunch the game often to test changes you've made.
Old 01-13-21, 02:50 PM   #21
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

Thanks mate I was editing the post above because while you were writing, I've found it. Danke somehow!

...and thanks for the SOAN tips!
Old 01-13-21, 03:45 PM   #22
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

UPDATE #1

First of all many many thanks to all the ones that have immediately helped me! I remembered that this was an amazing community and you have confirmed my thoughts! Again, vielen danke Herren!!!

OK now I presume, thanks to the info received, that I have all the initial " pieces " needed to start the puzzle.
Pretty much my plan is this for the time following ( Always keeping in mind my overt serial laziness ):

- Learning to use well GR2 ( I do not expect big troubles here, hopefully )
- Starting importing some basic 3D models in the game to get confident with it ( Like for example the new anti-sub bombs/DC )

Once done:

- Importing the 3D models I have already prepared ( or rather the relevant modified Turms for the Type VIID, II A-B-D, Type 600, etc ) and all the needed 3D stuffs.
*Personal Note: As per SH3 I presume we can have any boat we want but we need to use the available standard slots so most problably some of the additional subs will be activated via mod compatible with JSGME
**Second Personal Note: If I have understood correctly how the SH5 file structure is set/structured I have probably already in mind how to easily implement the 3D model + the interiors.At least to have something usable for the initial tests

- Fixing all the basic stuffs that, in my opinion or due to my preferences [ or rather with a level of realism as much high as possible ] are not correct, missing or to be improved ( eg. aircraft loadouts, improved sensors, etc )

===================

Things already decided

For the moment I will keep all the modifications made as a JSGME ready mod due to the following motives:

- More easy to activated/deactivate them without touching the original TWOS mod ( Because first it's not my work and two it's not said that what I like will be something that the others will like too )

- Independently to how this project will end, if I'll have some working material I'll share it with the community so everyone, then, will be free to decide if using it or not, following his preferences, ideas,etc
At the worst I will end-up with a TWOS mod to be used by me during my offline missions.

- Not to say that whatever will exit from this thread ( or from my sociopatic/PC autistic mind ) will be always free for use ( Speaking of my material ) except in the case that some "genius" could have the smart idea to use it for some kind of commercial profit. I'm sure that this will never happen but mama teached me to always go out from the house with a hand on my butt...You'll never know what could happen outside!

=======

Intial Troubles

I have to find if there's a possible way to let the mission editor to work with TWSO mod. It completely destroys it ( at least here ) so for the moment, the only solution is to re-install everything ( ...thing that I would like to avoid because I've made a fresh install just some days ago ). Damned me when I have not made two separate installations of the game!
- SOLVED
*Cross Link: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...4&postcount=25

Per Aspera Ad Inferi, Nema!

Last edited by Viktor_Prien; 01-29-21 at 12:12 PM.
Old 01-13-21, 04:01 PM   #23
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Quote:
I have to find if there's a possible way to let the mission editor to work with TWSO mod. It completely destroys it ( at least here )
Not sure I understand you, but mission editor works fine with TWoS. Yeah, it throws a litany of errors at you when launching - just hit enter until it shuts up and then it will work.
Old 01-13-21, 04:06 PM   #24
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

Not here, unfortunately....

REF LINK: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=238304

*Check my last reply
Old 01-13-21, 04:17 PM   #25
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Not here, unfortunately....

REF LINK: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=238304

*Check my last reply
Seems like you haven's created a new mission or opened existing one.

1) File -> New Project (choose a name, save)
2) Ctrl+N to add new mission

then you have all rosters available

If you want to open campaign, instead of choosing "new project" select "open project" and navigate to "campaigns" folder, then choose one of the campaign project files.
Old 01-13-21, 04:23 PM   #26
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

Thanks mate!!!! ( I was missing the CTRL+N part ).

*My reply in the other post will be edited accordingly! -- DONE

Last edited by Viktor_Prien; 01-14-21 at 08:16 AM.
Old 01-14-21, 03:49 AM   #27
Demon777
Medic

Downloads: 97

Quote:
At least here I solved it using this simple small mod ( JSGME Ready, activate as the last ).
Note that I use TWOS Mod with only the official mods enabled ( Except for the one for my keybindings and the one who restore the Captain icon ) so if, when enabling it, you will get the alert info window by JSGME ( or rather that a mod you are using is already modifying the files of interest ) be careful because it may disrupt other mods.
I normally use this rule: If I do not know what I'm about to do, I don't do it.
Check also that your JSGME folder is in the right directory. ( Main Silent Hunter 5 folder )

Here you can find the little mod, that, at least here, have solved the problem with the smoke puffs resetting:

LINK ( MEGA ): https://mega.nz/folder/l0lXBCZb#zaCHga5t1NT3UxdWwjlQzA

I've just tried to activate this mod in JSGME, as the last one.
Hopefully no conflict warnings, though I use few other mods on top of TWOS v.2.22:

Demon777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 08:07 AM   #28
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon777 View Post
I've just tried to activate this mod in JSGME, as the last one.
Hopefully no conflict warnings, though I use few other mods on top of TWOS v.2.22:

Looking at your mod list, in theory, you should not get any conflicts ( or maybe just with the brighter nights one ) but keep in mind that I do not know if it affects the particle files because I do not use it and I've never looked at the files contained in it.
Somehow activating the files I've sent you as the last should do the trick, hopefully!
Let me know how is gone!

До свидания друг!
Old 01-14-21, 08:43 AM   #29
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

Added " Planned Schedule " in the first post.
*Cross Link: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=248048
Old 01-14-21, 10:45 AM   #30
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

*Personal Note ( Aircraft Bones ):

B1 = Internal Bombs Bay Forward Left
B2 = Internal Bombs Bay Back Left
B3 = External Left Wing
B4 = External Right Wing