SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-16-11, 06:02 PM   #496
silentwayIII
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 0
Default No Luck with re-install

Re-installed to 1.4 then NYGM from scratch...CTD when destroyer fired K-guns. Only happens when using the XXI, not when using VIIc and IDX2.

The other side of the coin is that the XXI test missions I do in GWX (similar convoy attack) don't CTD under the exact same circumstances.

It's a sound issue, but particular to NYGM. Will swap the sound folder with GWX and give the same (did save it before attacking convoy) mission another try.
silentwayIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 06:07 AM   #497
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@Silentway III:

Many thanks for the feedback.

Could I suggest that a better strategy would be to remove sound files from NYGM in half-blocks at a time, rather than to reintroduce sound files from GWX? They might not be compatible with NYGM in any case.

By 'remove in half-blocks', I mean:
a) Remove a random half of the sound files from NYGM (perhaps the top half, for example). Then test with the XXI.
b) If the problem persists, restore the removed half, and remove the original half that you had not removed. Re-test.
c) Once you have found the defective half, then repeat the process, removing half at a time until you loate the defective quarter of sound files.
d) Then continue half-blocking until there remains only one defective file. That is the guilty file. THEN you can try replacing it with the original file from Stock SH3. If that is OK, try the corresponding GWX file.

[The above technique is a standard 'dictionary-search' procedure taken from Artificial Intelligence, and is VERY fast to locate a problem. But it will work only if there is just one defective sound file. It will not work if there are two or more defective files - especially if they interfere with one another. Of course, if you could be *sure* that there is only one defective sound file, it would not be necessary to continue to remove the files which did not cause a problem.]

And please let me know which is the guilty file!

Good luck!
Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 12:56 PM   #498
silentwayIII
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 166
Default What I've done so far on sound issue

Thanks for the advise will work on it this afternoon. This is what I've done so far:
played 1x k-guns fired-CTD
Played 1x k-guns fired-CTD
Installed 4 gb patch
played 1x k-guns splash-CTD
Took two POUL sound files out (snorkle and periscope)-Plyed 1x-CTD
Took NYGM 2.5 sound file (PO.9_$Gun_Muzzle_Flash out (sounded like K-gun file-CTD-played 1x-CTD
Took k-gun splash files out-CTD
Swapped Sound folder (NYGM with GWX)-CTD

Will update you when I begin "your" process of elimination
Thanks.
silentwayIII
silentwayIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-11, 03:26 AM   #499
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@SilentwayIII:

Don't forget that, if you remove half of the sound files, and your problem persists, and then you restore the first half of the sound files while removing the second half, and still the problem persists, then:
Either more than one sound file is responsible for your problem.
Or (more probably) your sound-CTD is a symptom of a different, underlying, problem.

Good luck again,
Stiebler.
Old 02-18-11, 02:24 PM   #500
brett25
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 570

Hi Stiebler, not sure if this has been asked, but is it advisable to use H.Sie's "realistic repair and flooding times" patch mod (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...hlight=weather) with NYGM? He has created a version specifically for NYGM. My question is will this mod compliment NYGM's repair times and or add features not already in NYGM? THe mod has some very cool tweaks and I wanted to know how this would merge with NYGM's already improved gameplay. Thanks !

Last edited by brett25; 02-18-11 at 03:31 PM.
brett25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-11, 03:35 PM   #501
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@Brett25:

Unfortunately H.sie's Realistic repairs fix sometimes causes CTDs with NYGM, which has its own repairs mod already installed.

However, all the other features function perfectly. The only difference between the NYGM and GWX versions of H.sie's V15E patch is that the repair fix is disabled for NYGM and not for GWX.

There will be very soon an 'Options Selector' package available, which resolves all these problems for you.

[H.sie and I are working on several other goodies too, for the next patch. That is why release of the Options Selector has been delayed.]

Stiebler.
Old 02-18-11, 11:53 PM   #502
brett25
Seasoned Skipper

Stiebler, one more issue that just popped up for me. This is the first time im experiencing this because its the first time I use a FuMo29 radar in NYGM. The radar "shroud" that's supposed to go around the front of the conning tower is appearing on the deck standing upright. very strange, Has anyone reported this before? not sure whats causing this. appears on both typ7c1 and 2 turms

EDIT: I think using the hi re submarine mod has fixed it, need to do more tests. Is this your experience too?

Last edited by brett25; 02-19-11 at 12:18 AM.
Old 02-19-11, 03:32 AM   #503
brett25
Seasoned Skipper

Hi Stiebler,

Ok after more extensive testing (tests were done with only NYGM up to 3.4 installed) I am almost certain there is a conflict between H.sei's "realistic repair patch for NYGM" and something in NYGM's NSS_Uboat7c.zon file. In base screen, the word "unlimited" appears next to the sonar and radar equipment upgrade options, and then the weird geometry issue will appear in game. Perhaps you guys already know about this (H.Sies's thread is 50 pages long and I tried to locate this issue in there), but hope this helps in your development

regards
Old 02-19-11, 04:06 AM   #504
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett25 View Post
Hi Stiebler,

Ok after more extensive testing (tests were done with only NYGM up to 3.4 installed) I am almost certain there is a conflict between H.sei's "realistic repair patch for NYGM" and something in NYGM's NSS_Uboat7c.zon file. In base screen, the word "unlimited" appears next to the sonar and radar equipment upgrade options, and then the weird geometry issue will appear in game. Perhaps you guys already know about this (H.Sies's thread is 50 pages long and I tried to locate this issue in there), but hope this helps in your development

regards
Hi Brett25,

the radar problem is an old bug. But it should be fixed in NYGM

The 'unlimited' issue is a stock bug. Actually, the text string 4100 from your menu.txt is shown there. In stock SH3 'none' is written there. In GWX 'unlimited' and in my older NYGM version also 'none'. Are you sure you have a clean NYGM installation?

Cheers, LGN1
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-11, 04:14 AM   #505
brett25
Seasoned Skipper

Hi LGN1 yes I downloaded the most recent files for NYGM. It must be something on my end I didnt realize this was an old bug, thanks for the reply. I can remove NSS_Uboat7c.zon from NYGM then it will work I suppose

Last edited by brett25; 02-19-11 at 04:39 AM.
Old 02-19-11, 04:27 AM   #506
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@Brett25:
Quote:
Stiebler, one more issue that just popped up for me. This is the first time im experiencing this because its the first time I use a FuMo29 radar in NYGM. The radar "shroud" that's supposed to go around the front of the conning tower is appearing on the deck standing upright. very strange, Has anyone reported this before? not sure whats causing this. appears on both typ7c1 and 2 turms
I have seen this effect also, while testing combinations which are not recommended and definitely should not be present in NYGM! The problem arises when SH3 cannot decide whether to use node R01 or R02 to place its radars.

There are two possible explanations:
a) Either you are using a version of SH3.exe in which the default reference to R01 (near the end of the file, use a hex editor to locate it with a text search) has been replaced by R02. (The '0' is a zero.)
b) The turms of your VIIc have had their positions for R01 and R02 altered. You can find these positions in the .eqp files (or maybe the .sns files, I forget which) for the U-boats, and also with Sd3Ditor for the U-boat turms in folder data\objects.

As LGN1 says (and thanks for your contribution LGN1), it seems that your installation of NYGM is defective. Probably safest to carry out a clean re-installation. Make sure you have the latest version of NYGM3_4A too, since an earlier version contained an unwanted extra file.

Stiebler.
Old 02-19-11, 04:31 AM   #507
brett25
Seasoned Skipper

Hi Stiebler, thanks I will try that. Something must have crept into my installation
Old 02-19-11, 04:38 AM   #508
BUKER
中国水兵

Downloads: 401

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett25 View Post
Hi LGN1 yes I downloaded the most recent files for NYGM. It must be something on my end, but its def the NSS_Uboat7c.zon file in NYGM thats causing this with or with out H.Sei's patch. I didnt realize this was an old bug, thanks for the reply. I can remove NSS_Uboat7c.zon from NYGM then it will work I suppose
Hi brett25,

This is an old problem drain the game.
Solved it simply.
Replace file - Data/Library/Sensors"Dat" to any other.

Last edited by BUKER; 02-19-11 at 07:53 AM.
BUKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-11, 01:01 PM   #509
brett25
Seasoned Skipper

problem solved and it was not in NYGM!

again sorry for the blind path, and thanks Stiebler for this most excellent mod (which i willl proceed to play with out further delay)
Old 02-19-11, 05:49 PM   #510
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@Brett25:

Good news, and many thanks for the positive feedback.

Stiebler.

Tags
torpedos through hull