SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-23-20, 02:56 PM   #1
Blitzen Trap
Swabbie

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0
Default Slight problem with TWoS, maybe?

Hello,

First of all, i want to say that the current wolves of steel mod has resurrected this game for me.

However, I have a question. I noticed that some people were having issues with campaigns transferring from one chapter to the next. So I started the campaign and blew through the opening mission (early 1939, war breaks out with Poland, etc.) as quick as I could just to see if I would have any problems transferring.

I departed Memel, completed the mission objective of reporting the task force, and eventually i got the orders to RTB to Kiel. I went to Kiel, and apparently everything worked fine. I was able to request a mission from the map in the bunker (Patrol for British shipping in the coastal waters off east coast of Britain.), and i also got the little objective box (red circle with a check mark in it. Same one that , in the previous mission, tells you were to go to investigate and report on enemy task force.) that was telling me to patrol a certain grid square within the patrol area. I started the mission and here is were I think I had a problem...

Once I was in the sub, when I went to the nav map and noticed that the large patrol area was there, but the other objective telling me to patrol a specific grid square was not showing up. So I am not sure if that is a bug that would make completing that patrol impossible, or if that was normal. It was late at night and I didn't have time to investigate this any further. Any help here would be appreciated.
Blitzen Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-20, 04:25 PM   #2
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Blitzen Trap
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

Quote:
I noticed that some people were having issues with campaigns transferring
What they are referring to is moving campaigns for example from the first campaign Total Germany to the second Happy Times.
Your objective can be found in the Captain's Log.

How To Use The Kriegsmarine Grid Numbers > Pictorial

THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-20, 04:29 PM   #3
Blitzen Trap
Swabbie

Downloads: 22

Ok. So even if the little icon is not on the map, the objective to patrol grid X, or drop off spy here, etc. can still be completed?

Also, is there still a issue with saving your game and exiting before the patrol period is completed? As I understand it, if you do that then when you reload that save it will not continue to register your time within the patrol area and therefore make it impossible to finish the objective?
Blitzen Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-20, 05:48 PM   #4
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi BT
Quote:
Also, is there still a issue with saving your game and exiting before the patrol period is completed?
Yes you cannot make game saves or exit the game once you enter the patrol area which in CW is 120km for 24 hours.

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote