SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-07-09, 03:02 PM   #241
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Seems that somehow the versions after 2.5 didn't install properly. At first guess, check that you don't have an extra sub-folder in the 3.2 update. There must be in JGSME mods folder a folder for NYGM 3.2 -whose name you wills ee in the list when you start the tool- and then inside it already the data and other subfolders, NOT another NYGM 3.2 folder, or whatever similar.

Another way to check it: When you enable the mod while looking inside the SH3 folder, you shouldn't see NEW folders appearing, copied by JGSME.
Old 07-08-09, 01:02 PM   #242
Rickster1
Chief

Downloads: 508
Uploads: 0

Thanks, thats what it was , an extra file
Rickster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-09, 12:32 PM   #243
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

Many thanks for your help with Rickster1, Hitman, while I was away.

It seems that many people have difficulty in opening 7-zip files (.7z extender) with WinRAR. When you open, for example, NYGM3_2.7z in your silenthunteriii\mods folder with 7-zip, you should get the file structure:
silenthunteriii\mods\NYGM3_2\data\etc.

It seems that (for many users) if you open the same file with WinRAR, you get this file structure:
silenthunteriii\mods\NYGM3_2\NYGM3_2\data\etc (double NYGM3_2 folders).
You need to move everything in the data folder NYGM3_2\NYGM3_2\data\etc into the first NYGM3_2 folder, to give silenthunteriii\mods\NYGM3_2\data\etc as shown above.

I hope that what I have written is clear!

Stiebler.

[Edit: word 'folder' -> 'file']
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-09, 11:41 AM   #244
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Default NYGM 3.3

This release is little more than a patch for NYGM 3.2. Download it from my signature below.

It fixes the radar-warning receiver range problem for Metox and Tunis, which had caused some problems causing aircraft to crash unexpectedly. (Sensors.dat)

It makes small adjustments to visual detection ranges to complement OLC’s Horizon Fix, already included with NYGM 3.2. (AI_Sensors.dat and Sensors.dat)

The robustness of aircraft in NYGM has been substantially altered, so that they are no longer almost bullet-proof. The Liberator bomber now carries guns only fore and aft, and not in dorsal, ventral and middle positions; in real life they were removed to save weight and increase aircraft range over the ocean. (Zones.cfg and sim files for some aircraft.)

Diving times of some U-boats have been made more accurate.

The 7th Flotilla now moves to Bergen after leaving France (suggestion of ‘U 768’), and a minor fix to the Bergen base in the FuMB37 optional mod made (‘Silentway’).

The FuMB37XXIIINYGM Mod, which contains a schnorchel radar search receiver and also a playable Type XXIII ‘electric’ U-boat has had to be updated to reflect these changes, and is therefore included again in full in folder ‘documentation’. It should be moved to your silenthunteriii\mods folder and installed with JSGME in or after October 1944.

ORDER OF INSTALLATION OF NYGM MODS:
1. Onto a clean install of Silent Hunter III patched with 1.4c, install NYGM 2.5 full version, using JSGME.
2. Then install NYGM 3.2 with JSGME.
3. If desired, install IABL’s merchant ship mod with JSGME.
4. If desired, install Mikhayl’s NYGM Hi-Res submarines with JSGME.
5. If desired, install Hitman’s Optics mod with JSGME.
6. Finally, install the NYGM 3.3 patch with JSGME.

The 3.3 patch MUST be installed LAST! (However the FuMB37XXIIINYGM mod can be installed as #7 in October 1944.)

Happy hunting!

Stiebler.
Old 07-25-09, 11:57 AM   #245
bojan811
Engineer

Downloads: 106

Hi everybody.
I have this problem with the I/T torpedo switch.
He wont work, at least in academy have not played the patrol yet.

The mod is grat by the way, maybe the graphic could be much more enchanced but hey who am I to complain.

Keep up the good work , and yes the manual is great, I just love to read the manuals.

bye

Ou 1 more thing how to make sh3 comander 3,2 to work with my nygm? I instaled a fresh version of sh3 com at sh3nygm golder but when it starts it starts like stock sh3, but in the task bar of the sh3 stands that sh3 comander is lunched via nygm tonage war but i repeat when i enter the game (only tried to start the academy it is quckest to load and play ) it`s not working.I mean it`s working but it is stock sh3 not a nygm sh3.
any ideas for this prob.
thanks in front

Last edited by bojan811; 07-25-09 at 12:56 PM.
bojan811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-09, 01:30 PM   #246
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@bojan811:

The I/T switch is not intended to function in NYGM, to give the effect of unreliable torpedoes.

If you are launching stock SH3 then:
Either you have two installations of SH3, and SH3Commander is pointing to the wrong version;
Or you have not installed NYGM, although you think you have. (Installed to a wrong folder, perhaps?)

Stiebler.
Old 07-25-09, 01:32 PM   #247
NGT
Lieutenant

Downloads: 289
Uploads: 3
SH3 Comander for NYGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojan811 View Post

.................................................. ..............................
.................................................. ..............................

Ou 1 more thing how to make sh3 comander 3,2 to work with my nygm? .................................................. .......
.................................................. .............................
.................................................. .............................
any ideas for this prob.
thanks in front
Hello,

Go to: http://www.subsim.com/mods1/nygm/

and take the number 7:

SH3_Commander_Updates_for_NYGM.7z (Optional, 0.07 MByte)

Have fan
NGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-09, 07:27 PM   #248
bojan811
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
@bojan811:

The I/T switch is not intended to function in NYGM, to give the effect of unreliable torpedoes.

If you are launching stock SH3 then:
Either you have two installations of SH3, and SH3Commander is pointing to the wrong version;
Or you have not installed NYGM, although you think you have. (Installed to a wrong folder, perhaps?)
Omg , ok i did not look that way for the torpedos.So how to aim under keel or on it?Wich pistol is then in use?

I have 4 instalations of sh3 and 3 instals of sh3 commander.
gwx and wac mod work just fine with sh3commander , but nygm mod is not.

I instaled sh3comm in the folder named ubisoft nygm (it worked just fine for the previous 2 mods listed above), i than added those files in the folder of sh3comm like you sad "File (7) contains the latest files for NYGM, to be installed with JScones' popular SH3Commander mod. Full instructions provided with file (7). But you must have SH3Commander installed for these files to serve any purpose, and the files should be installed in the SH3Commander folder as stated in their documentation. (Optional.) " but i still can run sh3comm with nygm.
Old 07-25-09, 07:30 PM   #249
bojan811
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGT View Post
Hello,

Go to: http://www.subsim.com/mods1/nygm/

and take the number 7:

SH3_Commander_Updates_for_NYGM.7z (Optional, 0.07 MByte)

Have fan
Ben there done that!

Didn`t work!

Old 07-28-09, 09:30 AM   #250
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Default NYGM3_3 revised

Having received new, improved files for the Type XXIII U-boat by a modder who wishes to remain anonymous, I have added these files to the existing NYGM3_3 mod available by clicking on my signature.

This has provided the opportunity to move the bases of Lorient and Penang to more suitable positions; Lorient to the ocean edge so it is no longer necessary to spend 10 minutes simply on sailing slowly down river, and Penang from Malaya onto Penang island.

I have also fixed the Ascension Island airbase so that it works. It had a depth of 4 feet in the campaign_LND.mis file, and was therefore buried about 400 feet under a mountain! This was never apparent in SH3 Mission Editor, since it automatically moves all airbases and other land objects to the top of the nearest land and shows the corrected value instead.

Anyone who has already installed the NYGM3_3 patch should un-install it, download the replacement (also called NYGM3_3.7z, but creates a folder NYGM3_3A instead), and install the replacement with JSGME.

Stiebler.
Old 08-13-09, 05:59 PM   #251
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 178

Hallo.
I'd like to ask if the "No fatigue" setting (SH3 Commander) will work with NYGM 3.3.
Thanks in advance.

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

Mods for SH3
tomfon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-09, 12:12 PM   #252
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfon View Post
Hallo.
I'd like to ask if the "No fatigue" setting (SH3 Commander) will work with NYGM 3.3.
Thanks in advance.
Its working in my install.

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-09, 04:09 PM   #253
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 178

I see, thanks for your answer. I'll check it out too.

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

Mods for SH3
tomfon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-09, 12:32 PM   #254
Urdhuk
Watch

Downloads: 1
Default Missaligned attack periscope

Salute everyone:
I decided to sail again with NYGM, this time with ver 3.3. I was greatly surprised with the inclusion of High resolution U- boats. I believe there would never be graphical enhancements for this mod. The only complaint is the attack periscope appears outside its case in my Type II U- boat.

Is there a way that I can fix this problem manually without having to remove skins? I also installed Hitman´s sights.

Thanks
Urdhuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-09, 03:51 AM   #255
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@Urdhuk:

Concerning position of the attack periscope on the Type II U-boat:

It is probably best to contact the creator of the NYGM Hi-Res U-boats, who is the illustrious and talented MIKHAYL (private message: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/private.php?do=newpm&u=238150, or search for Mikhayl in the captain's roster.)

NYGM has always been very fortunate to enjoy the fruits of the labours of many of SubSim's finest modders.

Stiebler.

Tags
torpedos through hull