Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 09-04-10, 05:50 AM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

CDs with version 2.538 have started shipping today.

Old 09-04-10, 03:10 PM   #2
Fercyful
Medic

Downloads: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
CDs with version 2.538 have started shipping today.
some hours ago I finally order it! -was wating for the stock-

Today I was reading your great 2006 review (mate now I clear remember reading it in the past when I was working at a CyberCafe and it was from you ) don't know if the simulation change that much since then but the things I read from that version I love them all. Sure in 2.538 the little bugs have to be fixed... now some days to wait and see for myself

thanks!

ps: @esim: -again- my vote for a free next upgrade for Skybird, I bought the game by reading his replies/feedback....
Old 09-04-10, 04:19 PM   #3
Skybird
Soaring

Much has changed, or better, much stuff has been added. Also, 2.538 seems to be most bugless version they have released. Except the mentioned problem with small water holes, and an apparent issue with the bridge layers that in the version pre-2538 I have not had, everything I tried so far worked as intended. Consider that review from 2006 as outdated.

2.538 really is a version to stay with.
Old 09-10-10, 06:05 AM   #4
Werewolf
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 69

Quote:
Ah, that makes plus two on my list. three, if counting Werewolf also. - Check.
Oh yeah, I bought a few days ago when they announced that it had started shipping again
Werewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-10, 11:59 AM   #5
Werewolf
Sonar Guy

Default HELP....HILFE!

@ Skybird

I have just received the package and I started to install, everything went smoothly, it lasted quite a while compared to normal, but I got the message saying that the game had been installed successfully, and then it happened! I got to the code meter bit, I put in the stick, I followed the instructions and suddenly! Error 1740, some idiot script is missing in my windows !?!?!....now I cannot get the codemeter to react, it is not fully installed, bu on the other hand I cannot make it finish its installation because everytime I insert the meter into my computer nothing happens!

I have tried to install the game 3 times now, only that verdamter code meter will not play ball.

Do you know what to do?
Old 09-22-10, 04:13 PM   #6
Skybird
Soaring

I would recommend to ask in their support forum:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/...isplay.php?f=3

It probably is related to your Windows, I assume you run Vista or W7!? If it is not that, then they may refer you to Codemeter directly, if it is an issue with the dongle software. Anyhow, the support forum is very helpful and has competent people from the company answering, so - ask them. It's the fastest way to get the issue sorted out.

You must not repeat the SBP program installation, it probably has nothing to do with it. The dongle software runs indepedent from that.

You could also enter the script name into Google and try what happens if you manually download and install it - in case your Windows indeed is missing a vital file, maybe it got deleted during an earlier software deinstallation.
Old 09-22-10, 04:25 PM   #7
Skybird
Soaring

Werewolf,

since you are offline currently, and I can imagine how it feels to need to spend time in waiting, I took the freedom to speed it up for you a bit.

Keep track of this thread, and post there from now on (as far as I know eSim does not scan tanksim forums):

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?p=186571#post186571
Old 09-23-10, 01:13 PM   #8
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
@ Skybird

I have just received the package and I started to install, everything went smoothly, it lasted quite a while compared to normal, but I got the message saying that the game had been installed successfully, and then it happened! I got to the code meter bit, I put in the stick, I followed the instructions and suddenly! Error 1740, some idiot script is missing in my windows !?!?!....now I cannot get the codemeter to react, it is not fully installed, bu on the other hand I cannot make it finish its installation because everytime I insert the meter into my computer nothing happens!

I have tried to install the game 3 times now, only that verdamter code meter will not play ball.

Do you know what to do?
Depending on the OS you are running I recommend you go to the Codemeter webpage and download the latest runtime files for your OS.

I am running Win7 Pro 64bit and Codemeter had a specific file to DL and execute and install prior to setting up with my Steal Beasts install. After that I was able to install SB and then have the stick updated with the SP codes. Best of luck!

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-10, 03:44 PM   #9
Werewolf
Sonar Guy

@Skybird & Wilcke:

It worked! The crisis is over

Thanks skybird for your help

wauw the game looks great by the way.....I managed to take an hour to play it this afternoon and got myself shot to pieces in a Centauro time to have a look at the mission generator now....this game is just...it's like getting behind the wheel of a quality car, even though you haven't really run it yet you can just tell the quality!