Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-21, 02:07 PM   #13951
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

^ I agree, for once

However i only mentioned the buzzword "sovereignty" and "brexit", and what i asked has not much to do with the EU. And I would prefer if Jim or someone from the UK directly answered or debated e.g. this post, instead of Skybird answering and diluting direct questions

But it's all good, and no harm intended

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 06-15-21, 05:29 PM   #13952
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

That link to that post of yours is what's gone wrong with this thread, you and Skybird are forever nit picking about things we leave to the politicians, that's why they get paid the big bucks and an even bigger expenses account. If you want to write a letter to Bozo and Priti I'm sure they'll give you the Winston Churchill salute while they tuck into their £300 halibut and chips.

Perhaps you can answer a question about migrants instead Catfish.
"Why does the EU allow migrants from Africa to travel through 3 to 5 different countries without stopping them travelling by small boats across the English Channel, it's a proven fact that France's coastguard actively help them do precisely that"

Is it no wonder that we believe we are well rid of the EU and everything it stands for.
Old 06-16-21, 04:31 AM   #13953
Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
That link to that post of yours is what's gone wrong with this thread, [...]
Right, because none of you want to answer it, because you can't. But when you call your sovereignty "problems" nitpicking, well i agree.
"we leave it to the politicians" = bring your politicians into an unsolvable situation so you can complain about them. Or the EU. Or whatever, but never about yourself. Having an excuse to complain and blame others seems to be the only reason for all this tosh.
On the other hand this is perfect human behaviour and (if mildly) amusing

Re France helping MIGRANTS to INVADE BRITAIN i bet you got this either from The Sun, UK Express or maybe Breitbart. You will not find this anywhere else

Old 06-16-21, 06:25 AM   #13954
Moonlight
Admiral

I knew you'd swerve that question Catfish just like our left wing EU loving media does, you're both as slippery as an eel.

RECORD NUMBERS Over 5,000 migrants have made the perilous journey across Channel this year
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/152885...s-priti-patel/

Have you seen the headline above Catfish, our MP's might be as bent as a butchers hook but yours are bent and they're also bloody criminals as well, aiding the transportation of migrants into the UK is a crime in the UK, apparently that's not the case in the EU.
Old 06-16-21, 07:31 AM   #13955
Catfish

If at all i'm slippery like a catfish, not an eel ..

For the rest: Afaik there are around 1000 immigrants a month getting over the channel to England/UK, which makes the number of 5000 in june this year in your link too low, but then june is not over yet so Priti P. can still hope for more.

But please look at the details, what i wrote and doubt (and what in my humblest of opinion The Sun and the other populist yellow press lie about) is that the french coast guard intentionally "help migrants to enter the UK".

Old 06-16-21, 09:22 AM   #13956
Moonlight
Admiral

That's the trouble with you Euro nut jobs, you look but you don't see.

Here is an article from one of our worst left wing Euro newspapers who thinks the same as you do, even they couldn't deny the fact that the French were actively aiding and abetting illegal smuggling activities.

Desperate migrants helped to Britain by the French Navy amid horrific camp conditions
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/desper...rench-22188151
Old 06-16-21, 09:46 AM   #13957
Catfish

It is possible, this happened in june 13th 2020? Technically the UK had not left the EU at that time, but no idea what this means to migration laws. This french type of ship is usually used to save people from drowning. I do not find anything about such an event in other media, but ok.

Old 06-16-21, 12:39 PM   #13958
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

For my part I'm rather fed up with the never ending merry-go-round that is Brexit. Being where I am in the UK I also have to put up with the never ending merry-go-round that is the Scottish Independence question.

One's bad enough, but two at the the same time.....

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
Old 06-16-21, 12:48 PM   #13959
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
I think the bickering between Catfish and me, focussing on the eU and its relaiton to the UK, and may attitude toiwards the UK and the eU, both are hgard to realyl be seen comeoltely unrelated to UK topics. Like it or not, but the things I and Catfish bring up, touch upon UK realities for better or worse. Thats why I post it here. In fact some other EU stuff I post in the German thread, the economy thread, or elsewise.

I agree however that with Catfish and the EU I have become a runner in circles, like he has with the UK and Jim and me, too.

Very passionate disagreements from all participating debators here, we cannot help it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
^ I agree, for once

However i only mentioned the buzzword "sovereignty" and "brexit", and what i asked has not much to do with the EU. And I would prefer if Jim or someone from the UK directly answered or debated e.g. this post, instead of Skybird answering and diluting direct questions

But it's all good, and no harm intended
I blame it all on the EU

You'll never have full control of your own sovereignty if by using just one example....the UK Supreme Court can be overruled by an EU court.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 06-16-21, 02:05 PM   #13960
Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I blame it all on the EU
no doubt
Quote:
You'll never have full control of your own sovereignty if by using just one example....the UK Supreme Court can be overruled by an EU court.
Not by the EU "... both the Convention and the European Court of Human Rights exist separately from the European Union. Therefore, the situation has not changed by the UK’s exit from the European Union."

"The relationship between the UK Supreme Court and the Court of Justice of the European Union (which sits in Luxembourg) has, however, changed.
The Supreme Court can depart from decisions of the Court of Justice of the European Union taken before 11pm on 31 December 2020. This means that the Supreme Court (and other relevant UK appellate courts) will depart from a previous decision of the Luxembourg Court where it appears right to do so.

Secondly, from 11pm on 31 December 2020, all UK courts, including the Supreme Court, are no longer able or required to refer certain questions of European Union law to the Court of Justice (through what is known as "preliminary reference procedure"). There are some limited exceptions to this. For example, the UK courts, including the Supreme Court, continue to be able to refer questions to the Court of Justice of the European Union about the interpretation of the citizens' rights provisions in Part 2 of the EU-UK Withdrawal Agreement."

Not that i completely understand what the last two paragraphs include

https://www.supremecourt.uk/faqs.html

Old 06-17-21, 04:53 AM   #13961
Moonlight
Admiral

When it comes down to millions of lives the WHO should keep there bleeding mouth shut and hang their heads in shame.

UK aid cuts risk millions of lives, warns World Health Organisation
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...?ocid=msedgntp
Old 06-18-21, 09:01 AM   #13962
Moonlight
Admiral

Chesham and Amersham by-election.
3 big reasons the Conservatives lost that seat to the Lib Dems, the HS2 rail line runs through the constituency and proposed planning changes are a big concern too and it's also a remainer county, carry on running roughshod over the Home Counties voters Bozo and they will kick you in the cojones.
Brexit is done and almost dusted so you can't rely on that nonsense anymore, some of your MP's will have vomited into their breakfast this morning and if you don't heed this warning shot over your bow you will lose some others as well.
There's a new strain of the China virus running through Parliament and it's almost resistant to voter logic, find a cure for it Bozo or your MP's are going to be cast out into the wilderness as unclean.

Tory HQ was outgunned by Liberal Democrat ground war in Chesham and Amersham defeat.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other...edgdhp&pc=U531

A blip or a worrying sign? Tories begin inquest after surprising by-election loss.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other...edgdhp&pc=U531
Old 06-18-21, 10:16 AM   #13963
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

There do seem to be a few in the Tories who are concerned about cracks in the "Blue Wall".

https://www.conservativehome.com/the...-cracking.html

What's happened to Labour could easily happen to them.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
Old 06-18-21, 11:58 AM   #13964
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGR1 View Post
There do seem to be a few in the Tories who are concerned about cracks in the "Blue Wall".

https://www.conservativehome.com/the...-cracking.html

What's happened to Labour could easily happen to them.

Mike.
The burning question being....who is capable of replacing them?

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 06-18-21, 12:57 PM   #13965
Moonlight
Admiral

It doesn't have to be a single party that terrifies the conservatives, a plethora of independents plus the Lib Dems and more unlikely, but the Labour party as well could steal the blue votes.
Voters can smell fear and I've been having a chat with some of my old pals from down there in the Cotswolds and Chilterns and the word is they're going to give Bozo a torrid time over the next couple of years.
We won't hear a lot of this in the media as the conservatives will keep it under wraps but Bozo will hear the discontent and the Tory party hierarchy will as well.

Tags
british, politics