SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-07-10, 12:16 PM   #121
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Excellent
Old 10-07-10, 11:48 PM   #122
Venatore
Admiral

Downloads: 68
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I'm porting over my live AI ships from SH3 to SH5. I've got all the necessary nodes and everything in place and now have to edit all the ship's to add the necessary nodes needed. Here I've edited the NLL ship and added ship's horn and whistle and the starshell gun. As you can see it fired a starshell to light up the night (and the starshell 'flare' in the sky does add light to everything under it):

Lots more work to do as far as all the ships but it'll be worth it
TheDarkWraith,

I thank you for your endeavors in modding SHV. I consider you to be one of the top three leading Hardcore Modders developing mods in the realm of SHV.

Your subject knowledge is far superior than most modders lurking within the SHV shadowy depths.....including me.......keep up the good work, you are very much needed in the long term survivability of the SHV franchise.

Kind Regards

Venatore
Venatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-10, 09:40 AM   #123
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venatore View Post
TheDarkWraith,

I thank you for your endeavors in modding SHV. I consider you to be one of the top three leading Hardcore Modders developing mods in the realm of SHV.

Your subject knowledge is far superior than most modders lurking within the SHV shadowy depths.....including me.......keep up the good work, you are very much needed in the long term survivability of the SHV franchise.

Kind Regards

Venatore
well this addition to the FX Update mod needs some help from others in the sound area. There are 10 available whistles/announcements for civilian and 10 also for military and 10 available horns for civilian and 10 also for military and currently I only have 1 whistle/announcement and 1 horn for both. I'm hoping that someone can make the remaining ones for this mod. Any takers? I know you probably don't understand what they do or how they work so I'm going to make a demo available for the NLL ship here soon. This way you'll get an idea of what the whistles/announcements and horns are/do.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-10, 10:50 AM   #124
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Here is the FX Update v0.0.4 NLL demo: http://www.filefront.com/17364431/FX...4-NLL-Demo.7z/

When you unzip it be sure to read the documentation in the \Documentation folder before enabling the mod/making changes

This will give you an idea of what my live AI ships idea is all about. It will also enable you, if you're so willing, to make new sounds for the mod for the ship's whistle/announcements and horns
Old 10-08-10, 12:19 PM   #125
SashaKA001
中国水兵

Downloads: 231

Report, the sound was heard in the distance as soon as I started to shoot, but the flares are not seen.
SashaKA001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-10, 03:44 PM   #126
Venatore
Admiral

I could supply you with some very unique sounds that the SHV community has never heard before. I'm unable to understand the documentation (very well written) however; my knowledge in this area is 0%

I'll create a folder, dump sounds into it, send it to you, thus; you can go through them at your leisure and if it's done by you at least you know it's done to your standard and correctness.

Sorry for the basic help that I can give, but; the sound gathering is were I'm extremely well conversed in........this I can help you with

Kind Regards Venatore
Old 10-08-10, 03:54 PM   #127
Trevally.
Navy Seal

I have been finding it difficult to find good sounds for this Venatore, so if you could upload them that would be great.
Old 10-08-10, 04:01 PM   #128
Venatore
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
I have been finding it difficult to find good sounds for this Venatore, so if you could upload them that would be great.
I'm on it Trevally
Old 10-08-10, 05:10 PM   #129
DavyJonesFootlocker
The Old Man

Downloads: 138

Just tested this out in Campaign mode and the merchant I hit with the deck gun started to whistle like a tea kettle and sent out a bright white light. Looks and sounds pretty neat.
A proud member of the Wikipedia Haters Club
DavyJonesFootlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-10, 05:39 PM   #130
Venatore
Admiral

12 x sounds already captured and still going
Old 10-08-10, 05:44 PM   #131
Trevally.
Navy Seal

If it would help, I could upload a data\sea folder with all the ships folders containing the .eqp updated with the equipment nodes (NULL).

It would then be a case of selecting the right sounds (from Venatore) to the ship type, and starshell if required.
Old 10-08-10, 06:27 PM   #132
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
If it would help, I could upload a data\sea folder with all the ships folders containing the .eqp updated with the equipment nodes (NULL).

It would then be a case of selecting the right sounds (from Venatore) to the ship type, and starshell if required.
wish it were that easy but it isn't. I have to add the M96-M99 nodes to all the ships. That takes time as I have to place them where the 'lookout' is on each ship. Currently I've only done the NLL ship for demo purposes.
Old 10-08-10, 06:35 PM   #133
Trevally.
Navy Seal

ah, ok I see
Old 10-08-10, 06:44 PM   #134
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
ah, ok I see
for those making sounds for this, here's what I was thinking:

- for civilian ships: a whistle possibly followed by some kind of announcement

- for military ships: possibly a whistle, followed by a GQ announcement, followed by the GQ alarm (dong-dong-dong, general quarters, general quarters, dong-dong-dong). Remembering back from the days I was in the Navy.

For horns:

- some medium-to high pitched ones for small ships
- some low sounds for those big, monstrous cargo ships and tankers
Old 10-08-10, 07:21 PM   #135
DavyJonesFootlocker
The Old Man

Downloads: 138

Pardon me for saying this TDW but is it worth the trouble? (I mean the alarms) since the likelihood of actually hearing them from afar off, and later on these merchants are armed so surfacing isn't always likely. It is a neat concept in SH5 but especially with having no exterior views on the player may not get the chance to hear these alarms. Don't get me wrong I like the effects but if it is really troublesome why give yourself the headaches when the likelihood we may not hear them at all?
A proud member of the Wikipedia Haters Club
DavyJonesFootlocker is offline   Reply With Quote