SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-29-18, 03:25 PM   #1216
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

^ HOW ABOUT: A COMPLETE FORMAL PEACE TREATY ENDING THE KOREAN CONFLICT; MR KIM RETIRES FROM POLITICS TO LIVE ON HIS ILL GOTTEN GAINS-TEACHING POLITICAL SCIENCE AT HIS SWISS ALMA MATER; AND THE NORTH AND SOUTH ARE REUNIFIED WITH HELP FROM THE GERMANS WHO HAVE PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE IN THIS SORT OF THING: WHEN 'THE WALLS COME A-TUMBLIN' DOWN' AND WE LET THE KOREANS KEEP THOSE WONDERFUL MISSILES FOR USE AGAINST THE SPRATLEY ISLAND FORTRESSES NOW ADORNING THE SOUTH CHINA SEA. THAT WILL ALLEVIATE OUR HAVING TO ARM FORMOSA AND REEEEEALLY PISS OFF OUR BELLIGERENT SINO-RIMPAC BUDDIES AND KIM WILL BE WELL THOUGHT OF FOR HAVING DEVELOPED THE NUKES..... https://timesofsandiego.com/military/2018/05/23/china-disinvited-from-navys-giant-multinational-rimpac-exercise/ ...TALK 'BOUT OUTTRIGHT IDENTIFYING THE ENEMY HERE
Quote:
The United States has rescinded an invitation to China to participate in the upcoming Rim of the Pacific exercise off Hawaii, a Defense Department spokesman announced Wednesday.
Marine Lt. Col. Christopher Logan said the People’s Liberation Army Navy would not be participating in the exercise, despite its involvement in 2014 and 2016. He said the decision was made because of increasing militarization of disputed islands in the South China Sea.
“As an initial response to China’s continued militarization of the South China Sea we have disinvited the PLA Navy from the 2018 Rim of the Pacific Exercise,” Logan said. “China’s behavior is inconsistent with the principles and purposes of the RIMPAC exercise.”

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 05-29-18 at 03:33 PM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-18, 07:16 AM   #1217
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Now Russia decides to get involved...

Quote:
Russia's foreign minister is to visit North Korea to hold talks with his counterpart about the situation on the Korean peninsula, the Kremlin says.

Sergei Lavrov's visit on Thursday comes ahead of a planned summit between Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un on North Korean denuclearisation next month.

The foreign ministry said in a statement Wednesday that Mr Lavrov would hold talks with North Korea's foreign policy chief to discuss bilateral issues as well as the overall issues surrounding the Korean Peninsula
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8375171.html

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-18, 07:30 AM   #1218
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

It seems Mr. Trump's delay tactics just backfired.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-18, 07:33 AM   #1219
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

I'm wondering if joint support from China and Russian will simply embolden Kim

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-18, 08:38 AM   #1220
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Now Russia decides to get involved...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8375171.html
Russia is a neighbor (I wonder if that nuclear test site has spilled over to the Russians yet) so it does seem reasonable that they want to make sure getting rid of the USA is a priority and with that in mind what a crazy circus this has become.

Right up Trumps alley ...

https://www.newsday.com/news/nation/...mit-1.18840234

Quote:
North Korea is believed to have several dozen nuclear weapons, so handing over a few — spectacular as that would be — wouldn't really solve anything unless a further agreement was made regarding what to do with the rest. At the same time, for the North, it would be a huge and painful concession.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-18, 10:40 AM   #1221
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
It seems Mr. Trump's delay tactics just backfired.

IMO diplomacy failed long before President number 45 took office. While others talked peace in our time, North Korea over many years has been accumulating a small arsenal of nuclear weapons AND ballistic missile technology and pointed them at us. On top of that they thumbed their nose at us as they withdrew from the non-proliferation treaty and are probably selling to Iran nuclear weapons technology. That's the backfire.

And how does Iran have the money to buy all that technology? Why the EU of course whose interest in the maintaining the JPOCA doesn't have a damn thing to do with Iranian nuclear non proliferation. Rather it has everything to do with their own self-interests of obtaining wealth by trade with Iran. Unless that changes I'd bet on it being soon to be backfire number two.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 05-30-18 at 11:00 AM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-18, 11:19 AM   #1222
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Maybe one day in the future our history books will tell us, what was said or done

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-18, 01:35 PM   #1223
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

^AT THE RATE WE'RE GOIN', THERE WILL B NO 'FUTURE HISTORY BOOKS'

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 05-30-18, 02:02 PM   #1224
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Oooh, a Heinlein reference.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-18, 02:09 PM   #1225
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

^ YUP; SOMETIMES YA GOTTA 'PAY IT FORWARD' BBY!

Old 05-30-18, 04:24 PM   #1226
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
IMO diplomacy failed long before President number 45 took office. While others talked peace in our time, North Korea over many years has been accumulating a small arsenal of nuclear weapons AND ballistic missile technology and pointed them at us. On top of that they thumbed their nose at us as they withdrew from the non-proliferation treaty and are probably selling to Iran nuclear weapons technology. That's the backfire.

And how does Iran have the money to buy all that technology? Why the EU of course whose interest in the maintaining the JPOCA doesn't have a damn thing to do with Iranian nuclear non proliferation. Rather it has everything to do with their own self-interests of obtaining wealth by trade with Iran. Unless that changes I'd bet on it being soon to be backfire number two.

Some of the damage may have been done before #45 dropped in, but the real point is Rump isn't doing anything to improve the situation; what is need is a directed, cohesive strategy, not this sort of 'winging it', 'throw something at the wall and see if anything sticks' approach Rump is so fond of, where he can duck responsibility if he fails, but takes full over-credit if he inadvertently stumbles on a gain or, sometimes, claiming some one else's gain a s his own. If you think about it, a meeting between Kim and Rump leaves Rump with very little to look forward to as an 'achievement'; open a dialog between SK an NK?... Already done by Moon and Kim; destroy a nuclear test site?... Already done. Rump isn't going to get a reunification in the first meeting, so that's out and he won't get a peace treaty since he can't make one unilaterally without the other Korean War allies, so zilch there. Basically, all Rump will most likely get is a trip to Singapore and a non-event he will surely over-exaggerate and over-embellish, and, amybe, a brief distraction from the scandals and flailngs of his administrations. Truly meaningful summits are preceded by extensive groundwork and a set agenda of potential accomplishments, not the 'will-he-won't he', reality-show trappings that are so Rump. It is about time he really, really let the experienced hands take the wheel...

<O>
Old 05-30-18, 05:37 PM   #1227
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

According to you 'some' prior to Trump 'may' have allowed North Korea to develop unabated nuclear weapons and delivery systems which are now pointed at the United States and South Korea. Now its known Nork regime propaganda has began emphasizing “final victory” over the United States and Republic of Korea in 2017, suggesting Slim Kim has bigger ideas, including the use of his nuclear weapons to deter any interference if it attempts to reunify the Korean Peninsula.

Now that they have nuclear weapons. What exactly is this "directed and cohesive strategy" you and Schiff suggest we implement to fix this? What is the evidence you have which explains what happened to the last test facility? What leads you to believe they don't have others or are not at this moment digging another?

Last edited by Rockstar; 05-30-18 at 06:10 PM.
Old 05-30-18, 06:12 PM   #1228
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
According to you everyone prior to Trump as you say 'may' have allowed North Korea to develop unabated nuclear weapons and delivery systems which are now pointed at the United States and South Korea.

Its known Nork regime propaganda has began emphasizing “final victory” over the United States and Republic of Korea in 2017, suggesting Slim Kim has bigger ideas, including the use of his nuclear weapons to deter interference if it attempts to reunify the Korean Peninsula.

What exactly is this "directed and cohesive strategy" you and Schiff suggest we implement to fix this?

Don't know about Schiff, why don't you ask him; I still haven't decide if I'm gonna vote for him this time around; still looking up who's running. This time around he's running against another DEM who's site is very slim; the GOP candidate seems to be parroting Rump, but his site does include recipes (no, really). Neither of Schiff's opponents has any TV exposure and I haven't seen anything in the mail. Unless either the other DEM or the GOP candidate comes up with some solid arguments and not platitudes, Schiff will win by, pretty much default...

So, that's what we in the CA 28th District have to work with...

By the way, here is an interesting recent press release from Schiff:

House Passes Schiff Amendment to Add Names of 74 Sailors to Vietnam Veterans Memorial --

https://schiff.house.gov/news/press-...erans-memorial

I don't know: do you think that's any better than a guy with 'bone spurs' who starts a veteran's charity, collects all the money, and, instead of disbursing the funds as intended by the donors, sits on the cash while using the charity as a piggy bank, and then, only disburses the funds when the press finds out about the hoarded funds and embarrasses him into doing what an hinest person would have done in the first place?...

So, no decision yet, but, who knows, the GOP candidate may come across with a killer clam chowder recipe..

As far as strategy is concerned:

Quote:

Its known Nork regime propaganda has began emphasizing “final victory” over the United States and Republic of Korea in 2017, suggesting Slim Kim has bigger ideas, including the use of his nuclear weapons to deter interference if it attempts to reunify the Korean Peninsula.

So, according to you, the fit hit the shan in 2017, when Rump took control, or what passes for control under his mismanagement; basically, you're saying the real problems sarted on his watch...

Now we have something to agree on: its Rump's mess...

As far as "directed and cohesive strategy", I don't know all the specifics of the entire situation so I'm waiting to see what is revealed in the near future; its something you and Rump may not have heard of: its called "reasoned judgement". I know that interferes with the platitudes and sloganeering and the bloviating and the bluster, but grown-ups are known to use it with better than average results. Whatever a "directed and cohesive strategy" is, it isn't what you and Rump & Co. are exhibiting thus far...

...and Rump is being seriously, seriously played by CHN and NK; now, with RUS in the mix, the real playtime begins...

<O>
Old 05-30-18, 06:50 PM   #1229
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Don't know about Schiff, why don't you ask him; I still haven't decide if I'm gonna vote for him this time around; still looking up who's running. This time around he's running against another DEM who's site is very slim; the GOP candidate seems to be parroting Rump, but his site does include recipes (no, really). Neither of Schiff's opponents has any TV exposure and I haven't seen anything in the mail. Unless either the other DEM or the GOP candidate comes up with some solid arguments and not platitudes, Schiff will win by, pretty much default...

So, that's what we in the CA 28th District have to work with...

By the way, here is an interesting recent press release from Schiff:

House Passes Schiff Amendment to Add Names of 74 Sailors to Vietnam Veterans Memorial --

https://schiff.house.gov/news/press-...erans-memorial

I don't know: do you think that's any better than a guy with 'bone spurs' who starts a veteran's charity, collects all the money, and, instead of disbursing the funds as intended by the donors, sits on the cash while using the charity as a piggy bank, and then, only disburses the funds when the press finds out about the hoarded funds and embarrasses him into doing what an hinest person would have done in the first place?...

So, no decision yet, but, who knows, the GOP candidate may come across with a killer clam chowder recipe..

As far as strategy is concerned:

So, according to you, the fit hit the shan in 2017, when Rump took control, or what passes for control under his mismanagement; basically, you're saying the real problems sarted on his watch...

Now we have something to agree on: its Rump's mess...

As far as "directed and cohesive strategy", I don't know all the specifics of the entire situation so I'm waiting to see what is revealed in the near future; its something you and Rump may not have heard of: its called "reasoned judgement". I know that interferes with the platitudes and sloganeering and the bloviating and the bluster, but grown-ups are known to use it with better than average results. Whatever a "directed and cohesive strategy" is, it isn't what you and Rump & Co. are exhibiting thus far...

...and Rump is being seriously, seriously played by CHN and NK; now, with RUS in the mix, the real playtime begins...

<O>

Let me get this straight after translating all of that text above. I've come to the conclusion you don't have a clue what a "directed and cohesive strategy" means? Or solid evidence the Norks don't have a another test facilty. OK, fair enough because I don't either.

Old 05-30-18, 06:54 PM   #1230
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:

Hmm...

A pic of you realizing your Pampers are in a twist?...

What? No real rebuttal or defense? What a 'snowflake'...

<O>

Tags
korea, north korea