Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-20, 08:55 PM   #11326
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Ok, there has been a steady ramping up of personal attacks and namecalling, very thinly veiled insults, etc. We all need to dial this down, ok?
Old 11-12-20, 08:57 PM   #11327
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Following up, I can see it's time to lock this thread for a while. People are getting triggered left and right. Let me be clear, don't make any new US politics threads, threads about Trump or Biden, the election, Proud Buys, Antifa, AOC....etc.

I'll review this in 2 days.
Old 11-14-20, 02:30 PM   #11328
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Opening this thread again. Remember, make your argument, use logic and facts, but no name-calling or personal attacks on members of the forum. If you have trouble with this, go to Reddit or Twitter. If someone reports a post and we don't feel it is an actionable issue, nothing will be done. If we feel it is actionable, we will hand out infractions.
Old 11-14-20, 02:38 PM   #11329
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Okay I'll throw the first stone

or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 11-14-20, 03:44 PM   #11330
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

It would appear that Joe Biden will become the next President. Even if Trump could get all the late ballots tossed in Pennsylvania, win that state and then win in the recount in Georgia he would still be two votes short. So he would have to get another one. That is highly unlikely.

When Biden is sworn into office on Jan. 20th he will be 78 years old. The oldest ever. The next oldest was Trump at 70. The question arises about his ability to carry the heavy load that the office requires. You can bet that his condition will be a daily test and the spotlight will be on him. He can't hide and be an effective President.

When Barack Obama came into office in 2008 Democrats gained 8 seats in the Senate, 21 seats in the House and gained one Governor. Biden at best will have a 50-50 split (but not likely) in the Senate, lose 13 or more seats more in the House and lose one Governor. Only one other President in history has done worse, JFK in 1960. So Joe doesn't have much of a mandate.

Biden’s coalition for winning was whiter and wealthier than any Democrat’s before. Most of it was driven by Trump hate and not confidence that Biden will be a good President.

If Republicans could have picked a candidate to run against Trump no doubt they would have picked Bernie Sanders. But if they could pick any candidate out of that field to be a Democratic President ... Joe would be that guy.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 11-14-20, 05:02 PM   #11331
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Hope Biden is psychological, mental and strong enough to stand tall in case of an international crisis.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 11-14-20, 06:27 PM   #11332
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
When Biden is sworn into office on Jan. 20th he will be 78 years old. The oldest ever. The next oldest was Trump at 70.
Trump seems to prepare threatening everybody with candidating in 4 years again, if he makes it until then. He then would be 78, too.

Gerontocracy. Look at the many other old sacks in both parties.
Old 11-14-20, 06:45 PM   #11333
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Trump seems to prepare threatening everybody with candidating in 4 years again, if he makes it until then. He then would be 78, too.
I don't think it will happen.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 11-14-20, 06:46 PM   #11334
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Hope Biden is psychological, mental and strong enough to stand tall in case of an international crisis.

Markus
I doubt it Markus ... Obama was a lot younger and a lot smarter yet he was a fence sitter with a movable red line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

Gerontocracy. Look at the many other old sacks in both parties.
Good point Sky

Still hoping for a different turnout, but like u crank said even if Trump should get Georgia on a recount and Penn back it would be only 268 (not enough)

Electoral rebellion in a Republican state is Trumps only hope and even then it would have to be more than one state and enough to put Biden below 270 votes to trigger a House/Senate vote on January 6th which is highly unlikely
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 11-14-20, 07:00 PM   #11335
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
I doubt it Markus ... Obama was a lot younger and a lot smarter yet he was a fence sitter with a movable red line.
My guts is telling me, that KJU is going to test how far he can stretch the robbeband before it snaps.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 11-14-20, 10:07 PM   #11336
August
Wayfaring Stranger

So apparently BLM has been attacking Trump supporters as they leave the DC rally today.

Quote:
A group of leftist protesters attacked numerous Trump supporters who had finished taking part in a rally on the streets of Washington, DC, on Saturday. In one of the most graphic attacks, a man who tried to fight off an attack is hit from behind while at least two women kick and stomp his head. Several videos captured numerous attacks by protesters that were chasing Trump supporters out of the rally area as the group made their way to their vehicles. Earlier in the day, thousands of Trump supporters had gathered in D.C. for a rally supporting U.S. President Donald J. Trump. Violence broke out as the rally ended and people attempted to leave.
https://www.breitbart.com/law-and-or...4pvTtMtPtZwY7Y

Must be some of that peace and unity that Biden talked about.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online  
Old 11-15-20, 12:43 AM   #11337
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
So apparently BLM has been attacking Trump supporters as they leave the DC rally today.

Ya got a point there. Good that you will get a person who will make the job so extra exciting and with a wide spectrum.

Marie Curie

Old 11-15-20, 04:56 AM   #11338
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post

Tough. The one getting knocked out started the fight, can be seen in the video at around 00:40.
Old 11-15-20, 06:24 AM   #11339
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Opening this thread again. Remember, make your argument, use logic and facts, but no name-calling or personal attacks on members of the forum. If you have trouble with this, go to Reddit or Twitter. If someone reports a post and we don't feel it is an actionable issue, nothing will be done. If we feel it is actionable, we will hand out infractions.
Rgr the above and as a small point of interest or disinterest whichever viewpoint or opinion you have, I started following Trump on Twitter about a week ago and boy did I get my eyes opened.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 11-15-20, 09:32 AM   #11340
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Tough. The one getting knocked out started the fight, can be seen in the video at around 00:40.

He was just defending another person that they also attacked and then they surrounded him, viciously attacked him from behind then continued attacking him once he was down. But you saw all that too, it just doesn't support your ridiculous point. Your BLM thugs came to that rally to start a fight pure and simple. They are the aggressors here and by supporting them you support terrorism.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online  
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter