SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-11-09, 01:44 PM   #1096
Aniuk
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default radio not showing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Sailor View Post
It's a pull down with a map attached now. It is located in the upper left corner. Grab it and pull it down and to the right. Dave
Thank you, Sir.
Old 04-11-09, 02:46 PM   #1097
banjo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 55
Uploads: 0

Crew staying on the bridge when sub dives is usually caused by Alt Tabbing out of the game. Causes other glitches too.
banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-09, 04:14 PM   #1098
exponent8246
Sparky

Downloads: 39

ok banjo, it isnt happening now so you must be right!!

thanks bud!
exponent8246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-09, 04:17 PM   #1099
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead
Anyone else having problems dialing in the deckgun with maxoptics in 1.7. I had this same problem before when I used it before TMO added it. Just can't tune in degrees. Try to move one degree left or right it sort of takes way off several degrees.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_espo
Yep. Have the same problem. But I guess it makes it tougher....
I have uploaded a fix which I hope will correct the Deck Gun issue of lacking precise horizontal control. I removed my past fix for the TMO Binoculars and incorporated the latest fix with it.

The Deck Gun has been corrected by slowing down the horizontal movement. This will still allow for the MaxOptics magnified views, but create a more precise control of the gun left/right.

Also,

A SCAF (Ship Centered, Accuracy Fix) "tool tip" was added to both American and German side of play. The "tool tips" will explaining what is marked on the Recognition Manual pictures, and what you should do to receive a correct manually found range.

Note: The latest fix has the date 4/11/09 in it's title. I put it on the same download thread site as the previous fix so it could be easily found at the TMO 1.7 main thread. A link to "MaxOptics & SCAF fix for TMO 1.7_41109" can be found "here". Just ignore the released date of 04-02-2009 of the older fix.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 04-11-09 at 04:30 PM.
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-09, 08:45 PM   #1100
OneTinSoldier
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 46

Thank you so much CapnScurvy!
"Variable this is EasyRhino, do you copy? Over." Loud and clear EasyRhino. "Do we have a gig? Over." That's a Roger, we have a gig. Target is painted, start the music. "Roger that Variable. Into attack. Pickling target. Target is acquired and lit. LGB comin' down!" EasyRhino, circular error probability zero. Impact with High Order Detonation. Thank You, have a nice day.
OneTinSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-09, 09:03 PM   #1101
JGoldrick
Watch

Downloads: 50

Does this replace the "Max Optics for TMO1.7 Binocs", or do we add it after the mod? Thanks.
JGoldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-09, 09:26 PM   #1102
OneTinSoldier
Sonar Guy

Well you would install TMO_1.7, and then download and install CapnScurvy's latest "MaxOptics & SCAF fix for TMO 1.7_41109" mod.

From a previous post in this thread by CapnScurvy...

The order of activation should be:
TMO 1.7
MaxOptics & SCAF fix TMO1.7_41109 <-- this is the latest version as of today
RSRDC_TMOv163_v410
RSRDC_v410_Patch 2B

Hope that helps
"Variable this is EasyRhino, do you copy? Over." Loud and clear EasyRhino. "Do we have a gig? Over." That's a Roger, we have a gig. Target is painted, start the music. "Roger that Variable. Into attack. Pickling target. Target is acquired and lit. LGB comin' down!" EasyRhino, circular error probability zero. Impact with High Order Detonation. Thank You, have a nice day.

Last edited by OneTinSoldier; 04-11-09 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Added install order by CapnScurvy
Old 04-12-09, 01:32 AM   #1103
Wolfling04
Frogman

Downloads: 102

One question, Im running TMO 1.7 and i'm still receiving hydrophone contacts while surfaced

any suggestions?
Wolfling04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-09, 02:05 AM   #1104
OneTinSoldier
Sonar Guy

I think that's consider normal Wolfling04. Apparently from what I've read here on the forums in response to other people that have asked about this, U.S. Fleet Boats had their hydrophones mounted on the bottom of the hull. Different from German U-Boats which had theirs mounted up on the deck.

Regards
Old 04-12-09, 06:09 AM   #1105
Wolfling04
Frogman

Thank you One, i thought i had read somewhere that TMO removed the hydrophone contacts while surfaced
Old 04-12-09, 07:03 AM   #1106
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfling04 View Post
Thank you One, i thought i had read somewhere that TMO removed the hydrophone contacts while surfaced
TMO does keep hydrophone contacts while surfaced. It was up for debate though because the chin sonar could hear supersonic sounds but only if the sub was at very low revs on the engines or even stopped. The game allows it at all speeds.
Old 04-12-09, 12:18 PM   #1107
OneTinSoldier
Sonar Guy

Thanks AVGWarhawk,

I always thought it was probably a little silly to pick up contacts while surfaced. My thought was that surface clutter noise would be too high to pick anything greater than visual range anyway. But yeah, I can see how engine noise from ownship while on the surface would be prevalent too.
Old 04-12-09, 04:35 PM   #1108
Wolfling04
Frogman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
TMO does keep hydrophone contacts while surfaced. It was up for debate though because the chin sonar could hear supersonic sounds but only if the sub was at very low revs on the engines or even stopped. The game allows it at all speeds.

Is there any way to mod it so that at a certain speed you cant hear any hydrophone contacts?
Old 04-12-09, 10:35 PM   #1109
kylesplanet
Commodore

Downloads: 39

I'm having the same issue with the radio. I know how the pull down map works but it doesn't show up. The texture is missing. It shows up as part of the recognition manual and for some reason won't stop on scripted events.
Old 04-13-09, 12:52 PM   #1110
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfling04 View Post
Is there any way to mod it so that at a certain speed you cant hear any hydrophone contacts?
What LukeFF did in RFB was not let the sonar work until you hit about 30 feet when submerging. This is was the only way to handle leaving it working as in TMO or just shutting it off all together. Also, by doing this you are slowed down when submerging.