Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-26-17, 09:31 PM   #91
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castout View Post
I see you're living in a fantasy land of your mind.
Damn, someone's reflecting Hardcore, lol.
Old 04-26-17, 09:34 PM   #92
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658
Uploads: 0

Nothing is free. Money might not be in dollars and cents per say, but money will still be needed in one form or another. Even in the future, nothing will be free.

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-17, 10:13 PM   #93
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

I'm sure Nipplespanner doing his best with his overtly rude remarks, all uncalled for.

I'm only posting some posts on transcendence because I'm passionate about the subject and I saw some of Skybird's posts which I do not agree with. I'm not eager to convince anyone that I'm transcendent because that benefits me nothing. But I'm passionate to share my knowledge in the hope of awakening as many people as possible or at least planting a seed which made them question their belief in reality.
I'm active on my Facebook with regard to the topic and have found several people who are genuinely awakened.

Back to the old days where I'm ganged up for no apparent reason. Probably to kick me out of active participation in the forums.

If you see my posts from the beginning I had been nothing but a gentleman until people somehow without apparent reasons became hostile.

Perhaps my signature conjures up a very negative impression to them. But the person you thought of in your heads about me doesn't exist. It's a sad sad world we live in today. People get very emotional even when no ill-will is intended.

Humanity is not far from the end, I suppose, judging by how people respond to this innocent thread meant to encourage a healthy exchange of ideas and opinions. Instead, people attack another's opinion without stating the why.

Last edited by Castout; 04-26-17 at 10:24 PM.
Castout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-17, 12:20 AM   #94
dsawan
Torpedoman

Downloads: 66

well, I am of the opinion that money is good but for non-basic things. For food and rent, money should not be used for these two survival needs. Anything beyond, ie a car luxury etc money is needed.
dsawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-17, 02:25 AM   #95
Castout
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsawan View Post
well, I am of the opinion that money is good but for non-basic things. For food and rent, money should not be used for these two survival needs. Anything beyond, ie a car luxury etc money is needed.
Yeah, you have a good point. The downside of a completely money-less world is a stark reduction in variety. There wouldn't be 25 different sedan models, for example, there would probably be 1-3 models in each country which would be a shame. but with a modular design and ubiquitous 3D printing, we could still have variety in simpler things such as stereo sets, TVs, cellphones, etc but there would be less or much less variety for more advanced products. But perhaps cars would be considered a simple product in the future so we could still have a rich variety of them.

In the zero-marginal-cost video, the man is saying money is still needed but for much more sophisticated products.

But eventually, if we had a world government, money would ultimately hinder progress.

I'm very impressed by the creator of Star Trek who envisioned an advanced society without money. It dawned on him that StarTrek-like civilization (or an advanced space-faring civilization) would not have been possible with a money-age society. But there were also the Ferengis. That could also be our future model.

Obviously, many here can't see that but there is no need to be hostile. I just want ideas to be exchanged. To improve my understanding of the subject and yours too.
Old 04-27-17, 03:24 AM   #96
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castout View Post
Obviously, many here can't see that
Quote:
I just want ideas to be exchanged.
So you say, but when someone thinks your ideas are mistaken you come out with a statement like the one above. Telling people that you are right and if they can't see it then they just don't understand is not exchanging ideas, but as I said earlier, preaching. And when you preach at people, yes, sometimes they take it badly.

Quote:
To improve my understanding of the subject and yours too.
To be honest, you don't post as if you want to improve your own understanding, but to convince others of your rightness. I understand you may not intend it that way, but that is the way you come across.
Old 04-27-17, 03:58 AM   #97
Castout
Silent Hunter

Preach, how? I believe I wrote in the beginning that I wished to have a discussion?

Skybird has been doing all the preaching...

The issue is being rude in one's post. It's alright to think the idea isn't workable. but you need to tell us why.

To say a money-less society would bring us back to the primitive age without elaborating why the person held on to such a belief isn't disagreeing. It downright says no, A is bad because A will lead to B without further explanation. it's presumption, one after another. No, your idea is bad, because my presumption is this (without elaboration/explanation). Not only that it devolved into attacking character....I mean what kind of low lives are some of the people here? Seriously?

Nowhere did I preach. I replied to your posts earlier to help try explain the idea I had in my mind to facilitate a better discussion yet people were turning hostile for no apparent reason, simply none. Nippelspanner is the most obvious one.

It's one accusation after another.

Do you even realize how easy some of you were led by one rude poster? Then many people adopted the same hostile tone?
The said poster even overtly try to escalate things by mentioning DEFCON 1....I mean what kind of rocks do you guys live under? Do you not have the decency of SELF-HONESTY? I feel I'm engaging with ISIS religious radicals here. Pack mentality is pretty much evident in some of you here. Such a shame. How do you even look up in the mirror and face yourself?

Now. I'm preaching.

Oh,wait I know the answer, you don't think about it when you see yourselves in the mirror. You never have the courage to face yourself. Ignorance is bliss.

Last edited by Castout; 04-27-17 at 04:15 AM.
Old 04-27-17, 04:04 AM   #98
Castout
Silent Hunter

Here, have some education, 20 Diversion Tactics Highly Manipulative Narcissists, Sociopaths And Psychopaths Use To Silence You http://thoughtcatalog.com/shahida-ar...o-silence-you/

BTW Skybird let me read your thesis on transcendence. Let me read it.
Old 04-27-17, 05:03 AM   #99
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Here, have some education, Persecutory delusion.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-17, 05:36 AM   #100
Castout
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Here, have some education, Persecutory delusion.
Oh, you don't. I was defamed mentally ill basically saying I was nuts (apparently was hearing voices). A defamation which I have disproved through finishing a bachelor's degree just fine without medication and able to have friends and is perfectly normal at the office/work. No medication at all from the very beginning. Finished a 4-year bachelor's degree with no problem, able to contribute at work and have friends just fine. I have never heard voices.

Don't presume when you don't know a thing.

They would wish they had not defamed me with a mental illness. It has become my weapon. Hey, I'm declared schizophrenic in Singapore but I went on, without any mediation, to finish a four-year bachelor's degree just fine, able to have friends, and contributed well at work. Worked on several freelancing projects too such as translating contract, newspaper article, PhD thesis, science project, and tomorrow, I'll be editing a newspaper article soon to be published on Jakarta Post.

So, another presumption, basically you saying I'm delusional or nuts in another way.

Subsim has a lot of people with issues it seems. A normal person would reserve judgment until he knows better. But not you Dowly, you don't know anything about me but basically saying I'm nuts.

You are not a normal decent person Dowly.

Dictatorial regimes are known to abuse mental illness diagnosis one of which what you mentioned to discredit genuine persecution cases, including schizophrenia diagnosis.

I WAS STARVED IN A SINGAPORE PUBLIC HOSPITAL FOR 3-4 DAYS DESPITE MY REPEATED DEMANDS FOR MEAL until I was emaciated. Had i been really crazy I would not have been starved.

So, **** YOU DOWLY!

Last edited by Castout; 04-27-17 at 06:01 AM.
Old 04-27-17, 06:06 AM   #101
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Hit a nerve, eh?
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-17, 06:13 AM   #102
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
?? How and why separating the two? Why not let people freely trade according to their desires, wishes and needs? And honestly, I think your idea would not, can not and never has worked.

Please reflect again on the excerpts I gave here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...6&postcount=75

Money is no special thing, just an ordinary commodity like so many others. Let peope barter it, and peopel then can freely trade to get what they want.

Possible however that you first have to work, have to produce, have to gain or already have to own something that is yours so that you can offer something when bartering. Because providing somebody a free ride is not what it is about.

What works against this are economic monopolies, and "planned/contrlled" money where states want to fix its value. Planned money, planned economy - it never has and never will work. It cannot, for it violates most profound market rules, which are as damant almst as natural laws. You cannot violate, twist, break or bend them and hoping you can get away with it.
Old 04-27-17, 06:19 AM   #103
ValoWay
Lieutenant

Downloads: 103

Quote:
yea, once humans have figured out how to store energy effectively we're one step closer to real independence! If you can have as much power as u want a whole lot of things become pointless from a capitalistic point of view
ValoWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-17, 06:35 AM   #104
Castout
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Hit a nerve, eh?
That cowardly regime also had NTU sent me a letter declaring that my supposed doctor to have deemed me fit to resume my study there.

The letter didn't specify any specific doctor and it didn't stipulate what I was fit from.

Too bad the letter conveniently disappeared from our home table.

If I were really schizophrenic that doctor would have a name. There has never been any doctor or any medication taken. Schizophrenic doesn't probably heal itself...In my understanding it's pretty much a lifetime debilitation.

Last edited by Jimbuna; 04-27-17 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Debate by all means but DO NOT resort to insults.
Old 04-27-17, 06:45 AM   #105
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValoWay View Post
yea, once humans have figured out how to store energy effectively we're one step closer to real independence! If you can have as much power as u want a whole lot of things become pointless from a capitalistic point of view
You know that classical capitalists know that the term capital means so much more than just "money"? It means: opportunity (right time and right place), skill and knowledge, infrastructure, availablity of workers and ressources, and so forth. Each of that is a form of "capital".

Food, products, the good life, none of this just rains down from heaven. Somebdy has to create all that. And to do so, he must invest "capital" ^. THAT is capitalism Financial speculation is only a - quite abusive, btw - part of that. Speculation for the short term financial profit, and investing in classical capitalist understanding, are two very different things in fact: the one is constructuve for the thing or company or person in which you invest, the other is destructive for it. Classical capitalism and the so-called Austrian economic school know that. So-called Value-Investing, which is a strategy followed by Warren Buffet and some other famous heavy weight investors, takes this into account, too.

Nor rarely is the criticsm voiced against financial overspeculation and monopolism quite justified. Problem is tht those giving this criticsm, all too often aim it at the wroing target: not against monopolism and planned economy ideology, but against 2caoitalism". But capitalism gets hurt by monopolism as well, for capitlaism bases and depends on free market , and the free market is what monopolism wants to limit and control and in the end: wants to get rid of. In the end, monopolism wants the planned eocnomy.

Its a bit like with life and death. Every life includes the ultimate end of it, its death, and before that: aging, becoming ill, becoming weak. When you live, you cannot avoid this, you will become older, ill, weaker, and die one day. Death is the final attractor all life is heading for. But still, what lives fihgts to delay this development, it tries to stay alive as long as it can, and tries to create new life nefore it dies itself.

So it is with caitlaism and monopolism. All capitlaism has an inherent drive for monopolism, for very shop keepr likes the idea that he is without rival in his claimed territory, so hat he must not fear price competiton, instead can dicate the prices as he wants. He wants a monopoly. But monopolies would kill said competition, and thus: the free market where peopel can freely barter and MUST adapt to the competition's level and standards. So like life moves towards death, capitalism moves towards monopolism and planned economy, but both nevertheless try to delay this: life fights for staying alive, capitalism must not allow monopolies to take place. And like life forms new life before the individual life form dies, capitalism creates aloways new competition as long as monopolies are not strong enough to supress the emerging of new competitors: startup kits, inventors, independent producers, and so forth.

We must fight against monopolies. Not against capitalism. and this figgt we effectively do by our wallets. But if you always stick to the herd and follow the massdes and always embrace the latest Microsoft garbage and the latest Apple sensation and the coolest Google app, then these companies' dominant position and their resulting power over your life and your options are what you get - and you deserve nothing better than that unfreedom.

I indeed think that instead of worriyng for cabrin footprints and such hypes,consmers should always ask themselves when choosing a product: "Do I support competition with my choice, or do I support a monopolist to grow even stronger?" - That is not about "fairness" and protecting the weaker competitor, free market always must nclude the option that those who cannot compete and cannot adapt, go bancrupt - its about your own long-termed interest to have a living, healthy free market not controlled and manipulated by the few.