SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-05-22, 10:46 PM   #10231
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Omg I’m reading China is reaching record COVID highs! Oh no! Let’s go mandate nazis sound the alarm everyone MUST get vaccinated NOW! Close small businesses immediately! Deny everyone health care until they get vaccinated! We need masks now! The Phizer CEO said so! The Headlines say! gullible morons.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-05-22 at 11:39 PM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-22, 08:49 AM   #10232
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-22, 08:55 AM   #10233
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-06-22, 03:44 PM   #10234
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Shall I - or shall I not...?

Old 04-06-22, 04:17 PM   #10235
Skybird
Soaring

Well, reminding of this only: w eknow a bit more presiocely how Vit-D is made in what quantity under what conditions.

1. You need sun shinign with an UV index abiove 3.x, means: index 4 onward.

2. You need to be standing, almost naked.

3. No matter your skin colour and teint, you skin takes so and so long to show first signs of sunburn.

4. If you halve this time and meet the above conditions, you can assume that your body has made its daily limit fo aorund 20.000 IU of Vit-D. Note that this forumla reflects both pale white skin and dark or black skin. The dark-skinned human obviously take much longer for this effect to be achieved.

5. The body contnues to make more vitamine D beyiond this level, but at a drmataiuclaly redcued rate, the reduciton is by many factors, and for additional vitamine D made this way, stored vit-D int he body gets destroyed.

6. I dare to condlude by this (5) that zhre body is perfectly prepared to delsa with up to 20.000 IU of Vit-D per 24 hours period, may it be coming from sun, from food, or supplements.

7. I also conclude from this that it probably makes no sense, for the ordinary healthy individual without health preconditions, to supplement pils with more than 20.000 IE per day. You probably only produce expensive urine that way, withouth gaining further health benefits.

8. Also take Magnesium and Vit K2 MK7. Magnesium acitvates the stored Vitmaine into the form the body actually can make use of,. without Magnesium all the stored Vitamine is useless to you, and K2 helps to bring any possible calcium from the blood into the bones.

9. The toxic one-time dose (still not dpoign lastign damage!) is described to be not below 100.000 IWE, likely even much higher.

10. The toxic daily dose for long termed regular daily supplementation is most prpobbaly not below 40.000, likly even higher.

11. Conventional medics and doctors warn time and again of hypercalcemia and kidney damage. That is nonsense, founded on endlessly reolated and since many years rebuffed myths and bad studies, even corrupt doctors' papers.

The grey eminence of Vitamine-D research is Prof. Michael F. Hollick, who researches it since the early 70s. If you think you know better than what I said here, go and convince him - but first make sure you have your homework done properly. There are several books and severla dozen study papers by him, all on Vitamine D.

Vitamine D likely does not prevent infection with Covid 19, but it modulates the immune system, to use less of inflammatory cytokines and to use more of anti-inflammatory or less inflammatory cytokines. This is the value of Vitamine D regarding Corona infections in general. I never said, nowhere, never, that it heals the desease, or prevents an infection. Do not quote me wrong on this.

-------------

Vitamine D helps the cell to switch the single genes/in formaiton piecelets on the helix of the string of genetic information. Think of this totality of information as a cooking book with recipes, some are more uselful for the individuall cell's duties in the organ and organism than others, some recipes do never get used at all. What would a cook do and what does the cell? Both put in bookmarks, to find more easily and faster the interesting recipes they need most , so that they can faster switch between different pages of relevance. This is what epigentics is about. Vitamine D helps and optimises this process, this is what is meant when it is said "Vitamine D switches genes". The higher your Vitamine D level in the blood (calcidiol in serum), the more genes the cell can switch and mark, and the relation is not linear but is more an exponential one, apparently. Or to stay in the picture: the cell is the more competent cook who can do a bigger range of different dishes and recipes. You can tremendously gain benefits if not sticking to the often recommended "optimal" levels of 40-60 ngr/ml, these just are a safe ground above the minimus that are dengarously low, but you can safely add another 15, 20, 25 ngr/ml in oyiur calcidiol level in serum. With the higher additional values, you may increase the numbers of genes your cells can switch not by fracitons but BY FACTORS...!

If your doctor says you have 30 or 40 ngr/ml and that is good enough and you do not need more and it would not make sense to have more, I urge you to find yourself another doctor immediately, for the one you currently have is clueless on the matter. He simpy, is not up to date with the scientific status on the matter. There is nothing wrong in having 70, 80 ngr/ml. You probably stop gaining additional health benefits at around 90-100 ngr/ml, so it makes no sense, most likely at least, to aim at levels at that or beyond. But if you go a bit above those often mentioned 40-60ngr/ml, dont worry, thats perfectly fine and good for you.

Its about so much more than just Covid-19.

Do not trust national food administraitons and advisory boards. Usually they only talk BULL and are supportive for the interests of the food and pharma idnsiutzry. bull. All of them stil sperad some food domgata and eating paradigms that simply are wrong and make you sick, obese and sugar-ill over the years. There is a reaosn why autoimmune deseases, obesity, diabetes and cancer rates are expldioujng in the Wets even amonhst peope, who follow these reommendations.

Maybe they do not get sick despite these advices, but because of them - ever thought about that?

Last edited by Skybird; 04-06-22 at 04:29 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-22, 04:45 PM   #10236
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I think it's important to say that eating D-vitamin and other vitamin and minerals isn't a cure against Covid-19. What it does it boost your immune system so it fight Covid-19 better.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-22, 05:30 PM   #10237
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I think it's important to say that eating D-vitamin and other vitamin and minerals isn't a cure against Covid-19. What it does it boost your immune system so it fight Covid-19 better.

Markus

Which is the only thing the vaccines still are purported to do.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-22, 07:01 PM   #10238
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post

Markus
The tricky part with this virus is that it can turn the immune function against the body, and turn immune cells into cells working for the virus, multiplying it. The so-called modulation of the immune system indeed means not so much "boosting" the combat strength of the immune system, but directing it to cause less "collateral damage". Not just with Covid-19, btw. (If it were the military, it would be not about delivering weapons, but giving tactics training.)

Thats why sometimes even strong, healthy, young people with assumed strong stamina and immunology get overwhelmed by Covid-19.

A parallel maybe is cancer. If you get cancer and think you must just boost the power of your immune system by giving it the nutrients it needs, you can easily err terribly that way, because if you take many vitamines and minerals then, quite some of them do not just boost immune cells and benefit healthy cells - but als cancer cells. Its like fertilising your garden green. Thats all nice as long as there is no weed, pest plant. Once there is, you better stop fertilising because you do not just fertilize the grass but the weed as well. The healthy grass can live without fertilizer for some time, because you have nourished it well and it "build reserves". You can care for the weed in the meantime. Same with cancer, if I would get a cancer diagnosis, for an exmaple, I would stop all supplementation, and then check with my books and info - and the doc - one by one for them how they may maybe even help cancer to foster. I know that some of them woudl be needed to not be supplemented anymore as long as there are cancer cells around, like you also should avoid any forms of sugar when you have cancer, because sugar is a prime fertilizer for cancer cells, and I mean sugars in the wider meaning of the term, not just sweet refined white sugar.

Its a bit more complex than "vitamine pills lead to strong immune system - leads to infection defeated - leads to health". Sometimes supplementations can be absolutely contraindicated. You gotta know a thing or two about what you are doing. The exceptions from the rules are what people easily trip over.

He who reads has an advantage.
Old 04-07-22, 05:16 AM   #10239
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-07-22, 05:18 AM   #10240
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-09-22, 12:50 PM   #10241
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-09-22, 12:51 PM   #10242
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-09-22, 11:37 PM   #10243
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Got my first booster, unfortunately I hadn't heard that there might be some benefit to mixing up which supplier your booster comes from. I used all Moderna so far for all shots. If I'd known, I'd have got the Pfizer booster instead.

https://covid19.nih.gov/news-and-sto...t%20available.
Old 04-10-22, 03:04 AM   #10244
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I said it often enough, vitamine d is unlikely to save you from infection, but it modulates your immune system so that it fights the infection effectively WITHOUT causing a hellfire of inflammatory cytokines going on rampage.
Since two years I say this.
Why do i do this? Because the researching insiders noticed there is something about Vit-D and Corona viruses in and since since the first SARS pandemic already - and that was 2003...! And the plot thickened again after MERS pandemic 2008.

But what would I expect. We still get told we should eat less, not more salt, we still sell and even widen the consuming of HFCS, we still count calories and think we get thin again when having a calory deficit, and we still get told that Iodine is toxic, fat makes you fat, soy is healthy and unsaturated fats in general are healthy, too, so we should have all that plant seed oil. A fine mix of half-truths, uncomplete truths, missing contexts and co-arguments, and lies. Mostly lies. Terrible.

How did we get there? Plenty of industry lobbyism, ideology-drunk demagogues wanting others to do like one tells them, corrupted academics, and subject-idiots suffering from narrow tunnel vision, not seeing anything left or right of their ultra-narrow focus.

Last edited by Skybird; 04-10-22 at 05:44 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-22, 12:24 PM   #10245
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 109

Guess who got the bug?

Me!

Still trying to get when and how I got it . Tested positive on a auto-test, a antigen rapidtest, Saturday morning. Since Friday I was felling funny, sore throat and a few nasal symptoms, but thought that was from my sinusitis and catching cold the night before and no fever during all day.

Next morning, was the same and...hmmm let's see if. Bingo!

Only had fever saturday, 38º C. max. Now it's like a cold, with a few dry coughs.

Done the PCR test today, since it is required and of course it come back positive.
Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan