SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-13-12, 07:57 AM   #916
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

The thing I've found most useful in the changes I've made so far is the forcing depth test of edges. This lets you see if the line goes 'under the floor' and thus you need to raise the waypoints some.

The ability to reload the waypoint edge files is the second most useful thing. This really won't apply anymore once I complete the waypoints/edge editor.

I will agree that not being able to see the animations in the app is a hinderance currently to setting new waypoints. But animations are rising fast on my list of things to do for the app That may take some time though as first I have to figure out how granny is storing animation data (is it using offsets, complete vertex data, hybrid mix, etc.)

I need to code in the reading of the other waypoint edge files - the ones that define edges between rooms so we can see room interconnects.

Cloning of bones is next up on the list though
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-12, 08:58 AM   #917
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0

Hi TDW,

As you know I'm on my firsts steps on the GR2 editor.
I have some (basic) doubts:

1. I noticed that some .GR2 files inside SH5 folders aren't yet oppened by the editor. (or is something that I'm making wrong?)

2.After open/save some GR2 files with this editor I'm not more able to open them on the Goblin editor. (or is something that I'm making wrong?)

3. You editor have some keyboard short cuts, for example to accelarate the 3d image zoom, rotation, etc?

4. How I can set the GR2 editor to have/see big 3d images like we can see here in some pics?

Thanks by any advice!
Old 03-13-12, 01:05 PM   #918
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 155

Hi Rubini

I'll try to help you :

[Quote :]

1. I noticed that some .GR2 files inside SH5 folders aren't yet oppened by the editor. (or is something that I'm making wrong?)
Well did you settle, the parent folder in the menu "file"? choice or "regional" setting
Or you could tell us what are the names. GR2 incriminated ?

2.After open/save some GR2 files with this editor I'm not more able to open them on the Goblin editor. (or is something that I'm making wrong?)
No ideas, never had this problem Yet I mistreat the .GR2 in all directions

3. You editor have some keyboard short cuts, for example to accelarate the 3d image zoom, rotation, etc?

Number pad :

- 8/2 : forward/backward
- 4/6 : left/right
- 9/3 : up/Down

+ Shift = fine displacement

Mouse :

Right button pressed+Forward/Backward = Zoom ( there are precision settings for this in menu "camera" i have set my "clip planes:Near" to 0,000010 other the meshes disappear)
Left button pressed rotation

For have a "spot view" Rotation : Zoom at maximum with the mousse and move after with the number pad and you'll be able to turn in place with the mouse

4. How I can set the GR2 editor to have/see big 3d images like we can see here in some pics?
You can maximise the windows , But this is true, that if we could minimize the bottom menu, it would be cool

"Better watch where you do not go, because where were going, we will know what it is when we get there, and anyway, it will never be only water."

Proverbe Shadok

Last edited by BIGREG; 03-13-12 at 02:20 PM.
BIGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-12, 01:39 PM   #919
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREG View Post
Hi Rubini

I'll try to help you :

[Quote :]

Well did you settle, the parent folder in the menu "file"? choice or "regional" setting
Or you could tell us what are the names. GR2 incriminated

No ideas, never had this problem Yet I mistreat them. GR2 in all directions

Number pad :

- 8/2 : forward/backward
- 4/6 : left/right
- 9/3 : up/Down

+ Shift = fine displacement

Mouse :

Right button pressed+Forward/Backward = Zoom ( there are precision settings for this in menu "camera" i have set my "clip planes:Near" to 0,000010 other the meshes disappear)
Left button pressed rotation

For have a "spot view" Rotation : Zoom at maximum with the mousse and move after with the number pad and you'll be able to turn in place with the mouse

You can maximise the windows , But this is true, that if we could minimize the bottom menu, it would be cool
Many thanks by the tips BIGREG!

Later today I will look at these files that I mentioned and will return here.
Old 03-13-12, 01:55 PM   #920
Vanilla
Lieutenant

Downloads: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
The thing I've found most useful in the changes I've made so far is the forcing depth test of edges. This lets you see if the line goes 'under the floor' and thus you need to raise the waypoints some.

The ability to reload the waypoint edge files is the second most useful thing. This really won't apply anymore once I complete the waypoints/edge editor.

I will agree that not being able to see the animations in the app is a hinderance currently to setting new waypoints. But animations are rising fast on my list of things to do for the app That may take some time though as first I have to figure out how granny is storing animation data (is it using offsets, complete vertex data, hybrid mix, etc.)

I need to code in the reading of the other waypoint edge files - the ones that define edges between rooms so we can see room interconnects.

Cloning of bones is next up on the list though
Oh by all means take your time! I am not insisting on anything the Editor already does almost everything we need to mod those waypoints.
Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-12, 04:52 PM   #921
Charlie901
XO

Downloads: 29

Before other subs are modelled I really have High hopes that this editor will open up some excellent crew mods that will give a more realistic and reactive crew that will run to their stations and react to damage and being dc'ed....
Charlie901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-12, 08:45 PM   #922
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie901 View Post
Before other subs are modelled I really have High hopes that this editor will open up some excellent crew mods that will give a more realistic and reactive crew that will run to their stations and react to damage and being dc'ed....
There are some already being worked on

@Rubini - press H for the dynamic help menu. This menu dynamically changes based on what you have selected/are doing (in that menu you'll find the key for camera settings which tells you all the possible mouse button/movement combinations)
Also, which files did you try to open in SH5 that the app couldn't open
Old 03-13-12, 11:13 PM   #923
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
There are some already being worked on

@Rubini - press H for the dynamic help menu. This menu dynamically changes based on what you have selected/are doing (in that menu you'll find the key for camera settings which tells you all the possible mouse button/movement combinations)
Also, which files did you try to open in SH5 that the app couldn't open
Thanks by the reply, it´s late here i need to go sleep asap!
Seems that was some mess from my end again, as today all files that i tried to open were ok. I will look carefully tomorow to make a good feedback on the matter.

Today i was tring to change the light/texture of the light bulbs inside rooms (they are always white day and night...with all that red light!). Found the bone, the mesh, the texture (seems that sh5 uses a empty one as in Sh3)...but was not able to put selflights on them (emissive propertiy?).
Sh3 also have empty texture for light bulbs but with S3d we can add emissive property and change the light colour. Probably this is also the same on Sh5, but seems that GR2 editor yet don´t allow me to change these properties?

The files in question:Room_CR.GR2, bone CR_bec_sticla, bec_submarine.dds.
See you tomorrow. Going to bed now!
Old 03-14-12, 08:46 AM   #924
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini View Post
Today i was tring to change the light/texture of the light bulbs inside rooms (they are always white day and night...with all that red light!). Found the bone, the mesh, the texture (seems that sh5 uses a empty one as in Sh3)...but was not able to put selflights on them (emissive propertiy?).
Sh3 also have empty texture for light bulbs but with S3d we can add emissive property and change the light colour. Probably this is also the same on Sh5, but seems that GR2 editor yet don´t allow me to change these properties?

The files in question:Room_CR.GR2, bone CR_bec_sticla, bec_submarine.dds.
See you tomorrow. Going to bed now!
The app reads everything from the GR2 file except trackgroup and animation data currently. The data you are looking for is in the app and on your screen. It's just not in an intuitive place because of where the GR2 file puts this data. Look in the extendeddata for the object. The colors will be found towards the bottom of the extendeddata And yes you are able to edit their values (double click them in app to edit)
Old 03-14-12, 08:57 AM   #925
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
The app reads everything from the GR2 file except trackgroup and animation data currently. The data you are looking for is in the app and on your screen. It's just not in an intuitive place because of where the GR2 file puts this data. Look in the extendeddata for the object. The colors will be found towards the bottom of the extendeddata And yes you are able to edit their values (double click them in app to edit)
I already found/noticed the extendedata...but not sure if it is working as I need. Willl look again in my lunch hour and you post here.
Old 03-14-12, 03:46 PM   #926
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

I cannot see what parameter changes the color for bec_stida ? Is the dds being used for the color ?

Last edited by THE_MASK; 03-14-12 at 04:45 PM.
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-12, 06:51 PM   #927
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Very Cool job you're doing!
I don't get home often enuff to play with your App now days.
But I'm happy to see you 'kicking behind' with your work!!
Old 03-14-12, 07:17 PM   #928
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
I cannot see what parameter changes the color for bec_stida ? Is the dds being used for the color ?
You can find it at the bones itself, check and click on it, then a text properties window will open. Look for ExtendedData. Almost at the end you will find to lines with colours values on it (related to "cage"??)...but don´t works, at least for me.

Seems that this ExtendedData is about the 3D object itself...what we need is a Material colour property edition...at least for this work with light bulbs colour/light emission.

Let´s wait for TDW input on the matter.
Old 03-14-12, 08:27 PM   #929
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini View Post
Seems that this ExtendedData is about the 3D object itself...what we need is a Material colour property edition...at least for this work with light bulbs colour/light emission.

Let´s wait for TDW input on the matter.
ah crap you're right! I forgot to add a UI for adjusting the material properties (aka the color values for diffuse, ambient, etc.) I'll get to work on it
Old 03-14-12, 09:08 PM   #930
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
ah crap you're right! I forgot to add a UI for adjusting the material properties (aka the color values for diffuse, ambient, etc.) I'll get to work on it
So, we will have some work to do soon!