SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-08-21, 01:54 PM   #7921
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

^ Marcus i give up any arguments and argueing, you seem to get it one day and the other you say exactly the opposite No thanks.

re lesgreen it has been said time and time again that non-vaccinated people are a ticking time bomb probably overwhelming medical help of any kind in the upcoming wave. If some people who disregard reality treaten others the obvious right action should be a no-brainer.
So do not get the vaccine and isolate if you want, just do not blame it on the others.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-21, 02:14 PM   #7922
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
^ Marcus i give up any arguments and argueing, you seem to get it one day and the other you say exactly the opposite No thanks.

re lesgreen it has been said time and time again that non-vaccinated people are a ticking time bomb probably overwhelming medical help of any kind in the upcoming wave. If some people who disregard reality treaten others the obvious right action should be a no-brainer.
So do not get the vaccine and isolate if you want, just do not blame it on the others.
??? Where should I have said the opposite ???

I have always said we shall respect each others belief and standpoint when it comes to take or not to take the vaccine. And that I'm not an expert in medicin so I follow what our authorities advise us to do.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-21, 02:35 PM   #7923
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:

and the people who has the jab are still getting the virus if you going get it you going get it and i honest tired of reading how us not having it going died so knock that bull **** off next i see my doctor every 3 months being a diabetic and getting a regular check ups fact is the doctor knows my medical history you don't next i have made my decision after i talk to my doctor again friday my decision is my decision not yours not anyone elses but mine and far has whatever has happen in my life i have never blame anybody for my decisions so get off your high horse
Old 08-08-21, 02:54 PM   #7924
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214

Old 08-08-21, 03:01 PM   #7925
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
??? Where should I have said the opposite ???

I have always said we shall respect each others belief and standpoint when it comes to take or not to take the vaccine. And that I'm not an expert in medicin so I follow what our authorities advise us to do.

Markus
What Catfish (probably) means is that respect should be given were respect is due, but not for outspoken bollocks just to avoid conflict and confrontation. If somebody claims for example that some people agree that division by zero is not allowed and others say it can be done nevertehless and that both views should be equally respected, then this turns respect into absurdity and in fact just conflict-evasion at any cost.

And I must say that I agree with Catfish. So many absurd things have been claimed in this thread, and have been debunked - and one hour later the same people show up again and claim them again as if nothing ever had been said, endlessly repeating the same BS again and again and again. Its like talking to a wall.

I watched, for a second time, Steven Soderberg's "Contagion" a couple of days ago. The film was shot a decade before Covid-19 arrived. Its frightening how close to Covid-19's reality that fictional film has reached almost ten years before, but only as long as one does not know that they just asked scientists how it would look like if such a scenario would ever turn true - and then they took the answers and turned them into pictures. In it, there is a figure played by actor Jude Law, a conspiration theory blogger named Alan Krumwiede who lowered himself to fake infection and then "document" his healing live on his blog with forsythia essence to make money.

Well, not everybody may be clever enough to betray 12 million followers so that he makes millions of their donations. But since Trump and Covid 19 we certainly have learned that the world is filled up to its ceiling with idiots who believe the Krumwiedes of this world, and who do not only take forsythia essence as a cure for real, but even inject chlorine bleaching into their veins because a sappy psychopath in a famous office with a big badge on his jacket publicly philosophizes about the reasonability of doing so. Such idiots do not deserve your and our respect. They only deserve that you either ignore them, and if they are too dangerous to ignore them and the ypose a threat to you, that you confront them and label them as what they really are.

Because if you pay respect to irresponsible idiots just to behave nice and polite - well, then you definitely do not give an advantageous impression of yourself then.

Or in brief, be chosey whom you respect. As we say in German: "Viel Feind, viel Ehr'."
Old 08-08-21, 03:05 PM   #7926
Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by les green01 View Post
and the people who has the jab are still getting the virus if you going get it you going get it and i honest tired of reading how us not having it going died so knock that bull **** off next i see my doctor every 3 months being a diabetic and getting a regular check ups fact is the doctor knows my medical history you don't next i have made my decision after i talk to my doctor again friday my decision is my decision not yours not anyone elses but mine and far has whatever has happen in my life i have never blame anybody for my decisions so get off your high horse
They get the virus but they do not get the symptoms, or if in a very dimmed way. It is your decision of course. But your freedom ends when you threaten and infect others. 50 percent vaccinations will not provide "herd immunity".
Having diabetes or not alone has nothing to do with covid vaccination.

Last edited by Catfish; 08-09-21 at 05:38 PM.
Old 08-08-21, 03:17 PM   #7927
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

" respect should be given were respect is due"

Maybe we see it differently, I say respect those who chose to take the jab and respect those who decide not to.

If this is wrong, then let it be wrong.

If one of these unvaccinated get infected then it's their own fault no doubt about it.

Markus

Old 08-08-21, 03:21 PM   #7928
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
But your freedom ends when you threaten and infect others. 50 percent vaccinations will not provide "herd immunity".
Having diabetes or not has nothing to do with covid vaccination, what kind of doctor do you consult?

Apart from this you should maybe try a horse, you can look farther and you might even be able to use interpunction
Come on you can make a better argument than belittling doctors and trying imposing your will on others like all the other Karens.

In March 2021 it was estimated 50 percent of the U.S. population had COVID antibodies when only 17 percent of the population had been vaccinated. Projected herd immunity in the U.S. was July-August 2021. We have opened our schools, businesses, and public events nation wide, even our liberal leadership is going to parties unmasked.

What this tells me is our hospitals should be able to handle the stragglers as we continue to achieve herd immunity in the last of the unvaccinated holdouts. Here people have the freedom to choose and if you choose to be vaccinated or already have COVID antibodies through natural selection then the unvaccinated few are zero threat. Look at India, it’s been estimated months ago 2/3 rds of their population already have antibodies their ‘emergency is already winding down. Seems like the world is moving on while you are still complaining about things which no longer matter to anyone.

The only way any nation can achieve herd immunity through vaccination alone is if lockdowns and isolation continue and forced injections. Good luck with that Europe let’ us know how it turns out over there. We’re moving on catch up when you can.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 08-08-21 at 03:31 PM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-21, 03:24 PM   #7929
Catfish

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...vid-cases.html

Old 08-08-21, 03:27 PM   #7930
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
They get the virus but they do not get the symptoms, or if in a very dimmed way. It is your decision of course. But your freedom ends when you threaten and infect others. 50 percent vaccinations will not provide "herd immunity".
Having diabetes or not has nothing to do with covid vaccination, what kind of doctor do you consult?

Apart from this you should maybe try a horse, you can look farther and you might even be able to use interpunction
i talk to my family doctor i probly see just has far has you do and that the best you can do is gripe about my grammer but then opinions are like *******s everybody has one but i can see how some people attitude is around here cause whatever my decision is so before this gets out of hand i think the best option for me is to leave subsim
Old 08-08-21, 03:36 PM   #7931
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:

What’s your point Karen? Case counts have never ever been the issue I had COVID and it never matter because I never went to hospital. What matters is if area hospitals can handle the current intake spike. So far those last unvaccinated holdout areas have been able to keep up. We’re moving on while Karens still complain over things that don’t matter to anyone.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-21, 03:42 PM   #7932
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

I'm truly sadden
None of us in here are expert on medicin, some have little knowledge, but not as expert.

We have taken a standpoint. A majority of us believe Corona is real and some of us believe Corona is worse than influenza, while others believe it's same as the flu or not that severe.

We have taken a standpoint and chosen to take the vaccine...some of us has chosen not to take the vaccine and some of us has chosen to wait awhile before taking the shot.

Many news story get debunked in this thread, I think it has to do with the fact that a majority know when a story smell fake.

Markus

Old 08-08-21, 03:42 PM   #7933
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214

Old 08-08-21, 03:50 PM   #7934
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

^ There's an episode of Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman

In this episode a professor in psychiatry explain why these warning text on cigaret package doesn't work.

Markus

Old 08-08-21, 04:02 PM   #7935
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
The top picture in your diagram is an intermediate state. It ends with herd immunity which looks like the end state of the bottom picture.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan